Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chessington 30th May
garyholc
post May 31 2009, 11:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 870

Wasnt a planned trip but seeing as I was in the area and Graeme, Andy and CJ were down there I decided to pop in and say hello. Got ther about midday and the park was pretty busy, no doubt the stunning weather and the fact that G was there attracted even more crowds tongue.gif

Overall it was a fab day, good company and the staff were excellent, asking how the day was going etc.

We managed Rattlesnake which still i think needs to carry a health warning

Bubbleworks - with 5 of us in the boat it was finding it hard to propel itself through the water, mind you, 4 of us being all sat on the same side didnt help, but we came off absolutely soaked thanks to G running his hand through the fountains inside.

Vampire - loooooong queue, still amazed how rough this ride is!!!

Dragon Falls - highlight was 5 of us in the boat, all rocking at the same time and it nearly capsizing, only to then be told off by the ride op via. loud speaker as we made it around the course of the ride - good ride photo though with G opting for a topless shot....

Runaway Train - only 2 laps of this today because of the queues.

Dragons Fury - enjoyed the ride much more this time as thankfully we had 4 people in the car. Last time I rode it was only 2 of us in the car and it span so much I went a bit green by the end of the ride, but this time it was far more enjoyable and I could have happily re-rode it again.

For me and my partner it wasnt so much a day about getting on as many rides as we could, but about catching up with some friends I havent seen for a while and just having a chilled day and it certainly was that. The staff made a great atmosphere in the park, especially on some of the game stalls where my ball magically made it into a prize hole to win a teddy on one of them tongue.gif

Popped in the hotel next door for a quick look around afterwards and yeah its very nice for a Holiday Inn. Prices for food were stupidly expensive though, with mains starting at about 15, deserts were 6 each. Why is it anything associated with a theme park has to command a high price? Anyway, at least we didnt have to pay for parking!!!

A good day out, enjoyed it and was good to catch up with G, Andy and CJ again smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Graeme
post Jun 1 2009, 10:35 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 866

QUOTE (garyholc @ Jun 1 2009, 12:52 AM) *
Popped in the hotel next door for a quick look around afterwards and yeah its very nice for a Holiday Inn. Prices for food were stupidly expensive though, with mains starting at about 15, deserts were 6 each. Why is it anything associated with a theme park has to command a high price? Anyway, at least we didnt have to pay for parking!!!

You thin that's bad...Andy ordered 2 cokes and it came to a fiver WITH annual pass discount!

It was a good day out and I really do prefer Chessie to Thorpe now. Just think the theming is some of the best at a merlin park. The rattlesnake, Tomb blaster, Dragon falls, RMT are all great pieces of theming!

Was good catching up with you guys!

This post has been edited by Graeme: Jun 1 2009, 10:36 AM

--------------------
Thank you for watching SanBrooke productions!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd June 2017 - 11:58 PM