Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Queue Jumping
AirFAN
post Jun 5 2010, 12:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 172

It's a real annoyance when people do queue jump, but I just let them get on with it. Personally I can't be bothered to let it ruin the mood.

Have you ever experienced/stopped queue jumping & what are your thoughts on it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cookiee_munster
post Jun 5 2010, 1:40 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 32

only ever experienced it at disneyland paris and animal kingdom.

paris, i think we were waiting to go on big thunder and these kids kept pushing though they were small enough to get past, and of course the adults then followed. clever tactic.

animal kingdom, waiting to go on the safari ride, the que back then was pretty wide, so im not sure if it was intentional that the family behind us were cutting infront of us.

at the end of the day, ive become more relaxed about this. we'll all get on the ride at some point, and as long as its not 10 people trying to shove themselves infront of folk, then whatever.

--------------------
Hush Your Lips, Or I Shall Cut Them Off, Place Them Upon Your Mother, And Kiss Her...

+Quote Post
Arleas
post Jun 5 2010, 4:24 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 14,451

I was in the queue for Rita yesterday and stopped to buy an ice cream from one of the vending machines along the way. Instead of people waiting for 60 seconds, they walked around us. When we walked back to the rest of our group through the queue, some horrid sprogs shouted 'WHAT THE F**K' as we walked past them. So, I stopped and said 'Excuse me? We stopped to buy something and are catching up with our group.'

I really don't think we did anything wrong there, but some people have zero social skills.

--------------------
Alas, vomit flavour!

+Quote Post
AirFAN
post Jun 5 2010, 5:41 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 172

Weren't they queue jumping by going ahead of you as you bought something from the vending machine? I find some people just like to pick fights for the sake of it, regardless of whether or not they're actually offended by what you've done.

I find Alton is full of the 'lower class citizen' (if I can say that).

+Quote Post
mat
post Jun 6 2010, 9:36 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 487

I've seen plenty of queue jumping this year, though I'm with one of the earlier posts - rarely say anything as don't want the agro or for it to ruin the day. Plus, you can get some very nasty characters in groups at times.

I did see a cretin try and jump the SRQ on Thi3teen earlier this year thoguh, and some big bloke in the main queue line shouted at him, told him he was head of park security on a day off and the little bugger soon went back to the SRQ. lol

That said, the bloke then told the ride hosts and what did they do? Nothing. There just isn't enough enforcement for queue jumping - you've only got to look at some of the fences i.e. Oblivions.

--------------------

+Quote Post
WillPS
post Jun 7 2010, 12:20 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 348

I think there should be signs put up which say something to the effect of "If the group queueing ahead of you decide to use the Vending Machines, please wait behind them whilst they do so. This will not effect your overall queue time.". The general public don't seem to understand that standing still for 40 seconds doesn't mean they'll wait 40 seconds longer.

When Oblivion's queue is low I normally go up the Fastrack steps and hop under the fence in to the main queue. Is that queue jumping?

--------------------

+Quote Post
garyholc
post Jun 7 2010, 8:44 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 870

If people dont wait for me while im at the vending machine then I just walk past them to get to my original place.

As for Oblivion, yes, I do the same, seems stupid walking all the way around. I guess you could call it queue jumping but if your not aware of anyone else in the queue at the time then I guess it lets us off.

+Quote Post
Dance, Boogie, D...
post Jun 7 2010, 10:17 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 14,872

I think we should rip their scrotes off personally (hopefully that doesn't break the rules tongue.gif).

+Quote Post
cookiee_munster
post Jun 7 2010, 10:35 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 32

... dance, boogie, die.

what an awesome forum name! happy.gif

--------------------
Hush Your Lips, Or I Shall Cut Them Off, Place Them Upon Your Mother, And Kiss Her...

+Quote Post
Dance, Boogie, D...
post Jun 7 2010, 10:40 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 14,872

Why thankyou smile.gif

+Quote Post
Trev
post Jun 7 2010, 11:57 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 258

In the states I find if you stop for just a second in a line, they'll push straight past you, really annoying!

I've never had any problems at Alton, Thorpe on the other hand I ended up reporting some kids for queue jumping not realising I was some how standing in the middle of their gang. Yeah that was a fun visit.

+Quote Post
AltonTowersLooks...
post Jul 26 2010, 9:48 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 14,915

My first post smile.gif
I had a group of 5 queue jumped on Duel, they said that their group was infront and had to meet, they just stopped infront of me and went on board.

+Quote Post
darkomangagirl
post Aug 2 2010, 9:01 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 1,332

I had a woman queue jump in front of me at Alton.

I put my arm out and told her she shouldn't queue jump, and should proceed to the back of the queue. She said she was talking her grandson to the loo, but no child in tow. I asked politely to which I got a gob full and she grabbed my wrist.

After confronting said jumper the rest of the queue began to question her being at the front and she eventually retorted not before saying I should watch my back. The queue clapped. Sanity was restored. It all depends on the jumper whether I'll approach them or not tbh. If it's a big gripper I normally just tell the ride op. Like when some huge men pushed past us on Nemi.

What a shame it then promptly broke down for 20mins and they had to sit there in the harnesses. Morons.

--------------------
'What's that, you want to kill everyone and make a pretty picture out of their body parts? Come with me, take these tablets. Let's play a game of cluedo.' 2nd yr MH nurse, UOM.

+Quote Post
th13teen
post Aug 18 2010, 6:26 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 14,935

Queue Jumping is not tollerated but it seems as though the staff either dont enforce it or they never see it. I have had many people queue jump and very rarley do any of us Brits make a fuss!

+Quote Post
mat
post Sep 11 2010, 8:01 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 487

QUOTE (th13teen @ Aug 18 2010, 7:26 PM) *
Queue Jumping is not tollerated but it seems as though the staff either dont enforce it or they never see it. I have had many people queue jump and very rarley do any of us Brits make a fuss!

I've told staff before and pointed people out and they do nothing about it. Until that changes, queue jumping will just continue. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
funsize
post Sep 28 2010, 7:55 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 12,733

i went to chessington and went on dragons fury at the end of the day and there was 3 people i think queue jumping and 1 of the staff told them to get out of the line and they didnt so another staff member turned up and took them out of the line which was pretty good i would say.i've had plenty of people just walk past at alton and thorpe but just dont pay any attention to them.i've riden all the rides before so dont see much point in a big fuss

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2017 - 10:51 AM