Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Car Parking goes up again!
garyholc
post Mar 26 2011, 11:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 870

Went to the park today, shock horror, car parking has gone up again, express parking now a stupidly expensive 16 and standard parking now 6!

In addition, eating in Flambos has also gone up in price to 19.95 per adult and in Explorers pizza and pasta to 8.95 per adult!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hex
post Mar 27 2011, 3:03 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,842

6?????!!!!!!
It's just getting stupid now, but I wont be surprised if it goes up again next year.
Easy money for them, I reckon on a busy day there's at least 5,000 (maybe an over estimate?) cars on the car parks so that's an easy 30,000 a day for them ohmy.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (Rollercoaster Tycoon @ Jun 24 2007, 6:24 PM) *
I am willing to turn a blind eye to poor safety regimes as long as they get the theming right. In Six Flags, we get neither.

+Quote Post
da_v
post Mar 27 2011, 5:59 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,419

With AT being so in the sticks and having no other place to park offsite and poor public transport car parking charges is easy money, you can see why they are so keen on upping the price, its bad practice but with no competition in the uk its not going to change anytime soon

--------------------
When he shoots himself in the foot, he uses a cannon so big it takes his whole leg off.

+Quote Post
WillPS
post Mar 28 2011, 11:09 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 348

It is too high, but since the punters keep on paying...

I do think we have reached a stage now where the likes of LWV and FL should start advertising their actual cost for a family of 4, over Alton Towers though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Minus
post Mar 28 2011, 11:36 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,042

YOU MAY ASWELL BUY YOUR OWN CAR PARK

+Quote Post
Spark
post Mar 28 2011, 4:20 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 6

And it doesnt have security patroles either!

--------------------
R.I.P to a classic

Its Nice To Be Important, But Its More Important To Be Nice

+Quote Post
garyholc
post Mar 28 2011, 9:32 PM
Post #7

What else is interesting is that all the signs in AT advertising annual passes, tickets etc now show the price without VAT. The VAT price is shown in small letters underneath. Somewhat misleading to say the least.

+Quote Post
WillPS
post Mar 28 2011, 9:55 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 348

I was under the impression that showing "ex. VAT" prices in the context of goods/services for the general public was illegal?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hex Legend of th...
post Mar 28 2011, 10:09 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 5,903

They won't ever be happy until every customer has been lifted by their ankles and had every last penny shaken out of them. dry.gif

I was under the impression that showing "ex. VAT" prices in the context of goods/services for the general public was illegal?

So was I. I would have imagined that if this wasn't the case then I would have seen other companies use these dishonest tactics? huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
garyholc
post Mar 28 2011, 10:59 PM
Post #10

funny you say that Hex, we stayed in the Alton hotel and we joked that they should turn you upside down on entry and shake the money out of your pockets!

As for the non vat prices, considering everyone who goes there has to pay vat, its very odd they have started doing this!! I guess they are trying to show customers that their prices are reasonable, yet the 20% vat makes them a lot more expensive. However, they have banners all over the place advertising their passes, bounceback and 2 day tickets without VAT, and also in the toilets etc in the advert posters. Very misleading.

Infact, a quick browse of their website on the prices page and youll see they are doing it on there too!

Hmmm, on their website, try finding out where it says about having to pay to park - bearing in mind your average joe bloggs will be booking entry tickets....

This post has been edited by garyholc: Mar 28 2011, 11:00 PM

+Quote Post
da_v
post Mar 28 2011, 11:38 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 1,419

its shocking that the basic annual pass doesn't innclude car park or at least a reduction although we should be lucky that they do not charge for the toilets unsure.gif maybe that will be the next tax smile.gif

--------------------
When he shoots himself in the foot, he uses a cannon so big it takes his whole leg off.

+Quote Post
Fantasmic
post Sep 30 2011, 5:53 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 1,466

6, is fair enough... When you compare the Parks in Orlando are 9.60 to park ($15)

Yes, you could argue that Alton Towers doesn't compare to the Disney/Universal Parks but, it's still cheaper than Busch Gardens! ($13 = 8.30)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2017 - 11:12 AM