Cameras on oblivion
John R
post Sep 14 2010, 9:09 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 4

Lo folks, long time no speak!

Was at alton for the 1st time in 2/3 years last weekend, whats with the mad cameras on oblivions carriages? Looking for people filming?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snowcat
post Sep 15 2010, 4:27 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,438

Welcome back! smile.gif

AFAIK those little cameras on the front rail are for the "YourDay" DVD that gets touted on Towers street. All ATs rides have them mounted somewhere or other.

You may have had someone offer you a little multicoloured braclet thing as you entered. It's an RFID tag that allows the cameras to take little snippets of you. These are then mixed together with a bunch of stock footage to make a DVD you can take home.

A random example (albeit, before those rail cameras where fitted) :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM3AxuVifsk

In theory, you get about a half hours worth of these videos by the end of the day. Not really my thing ('specially with so much stock footage) but some folks seem to get a kick out of it... rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
PaulMorgster
post Sep 15 2010, 10:12 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 21

They are actually picsolves onride video cameras. They worked at the start of the season but not anymore sad.gif

--------------------
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurios pronsite of 'hot XXX galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning,
And my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour.
"Tis not possible!", I muttered, "give me back my free hardcore!"
Quoth the Server,

+Quote Post
John R
post Sep 20 2010, 1:55 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Snowcat @ Sep 15 2010, 5:27 PM) *
Welcome back! smile.gif

AFAIK those little cameras on the front rail are for the "YourDay" DVD that gets touted on Towers street. All ATs rides have them mounted somewhere or other.

You may have had someone offer you a little multicoloured braclet thing as you entered. It's an RFID tag that allows the cameras to take little snippets of you. These are then mixed together with a bunch of stock footage to make a DVD you can take home.

A random example (albeit, before those rail cameras where fitted) :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM3AxuVifsk

In theory, you get about a half hours worth of these videos by the end of the day. Not really my thing ('specially with so much stock footage) but some folks seem to get a kick out of it... rolleyes.gif

Must be broken still, i got a yourday DVD when i went... it wasnt on it sad.gif

This post has been edited by John R: Sep 20 2010, 1:56 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Inverted Reality
post Sep 22 2010, 11:28 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 85

Are they not working as in they are temporarily broken, or are they never coming back?

--------------------
I'm on iTunes!! as well as Amazon, emusic, ilike, immergent, last.fm, MOG, myspace, napster, and rhapsody.

+Quote Post
Coaster_Dude
post Sep 23 2010, 2:04 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 946

I was under the impression that they were nothing to do with the Alton Towers Resort DVD (What used to be YourDay) and that they were similar to on-ride photos, you can get a DVD at the end of the ride, that's what all those other screens at the Oblivion photo desk are.

--------------------

+Quote Post
D4n
post Oct 25 2010, 7:46 PM
Post #7

Formerly 'AirRules'

Member No.: 11,249

QUOTE (xiaoxian @ Oct 25 2010, 4:26 AM) *
QUOTE (Coaster_Dude @ Sep 23 2010, 2:04 PM) *
I was under the impression that they were nothing to do with the Alton Towers Resort DVD (What used to be YourDay) and that they were similar to on-ride photos, you can get a DVD at the end of the ride, that's what all those other screens at the Oblivion photo desk are.

Yeah, that's 'Alton Towers Resort DVD' (formerly YourDay).

As Coaster_Dude correctly states, this is something different, Oblivion's on-ride cameras record you for the entire ride and then you could buy the DVD for 15 I think? The footage from the cameras on the front of your train isn't included on YourDay.

Unfortunately, as is also correctly stated in this thread, the cameras are either broken at the moment or this idea has been scrapped entirely.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2017 - 6:49 AM