Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tibidabo, bizarre Spanish mountain top park
Trev
post Aug 13 2009, 9:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 258

Went to Tibidabo today. Good fun. It took a while to get there as I wanted to take the tourist scenic route that involved a tram and a funicular railway up a mountain. The view from the top is spectacular. Plus there are rides.

Iīm sure people have seen pictures of the plane on a stick ride, which is nice and a quirky. Next to it was bucket on a stick, which I didnīt go on as it was far too tall and wobbly and I was high enough already.
The park got a new rollercoaster after they got rid of their old Scwarzkopf. It was good fun and the first drop looks straight down the mountain. Good forceful ride that still manages to be fun.

A haunted walkthrough called Krueger Hotel which was really well themed inside and quiet long.

Other ride of note there was the impossible to find suspened monorail, which had its entrance moved and now you canīt find the way in. Once you do itīs a really messed up ride. Itīs park dark ride and part outdoor suspened monorail.
The outdoor bits seemed high up so I was terrified on this rocky hundred year old cart. Then you go into a messed up dark ride that had a terrifying and unexpected finale. Donīt sit near the back if you donīt like scares.

They also had a fascinating automaton museum, where you could watch all these turn of a century animatronics. Including a variety of park models, people being executed, sinners being sent to hell and the obvious novelty of the time, black people dancing. Odd.

Good fun park well worth the visit there. Much more interesting than the Olympic mountain that has a diving pool.

P.S Iīll be at PA in a few days so I can write about it then.

P.P.S Not many British folk here, none of them have been scummy. I expect that to change in a few days. Not looking forward to seeing them.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2017 - 8:54 AM