UK Park News, Your Dedicated Theme Park Resource
mat
post May 11 2010, 11:22 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 487

UK Park News - June 1st 2010
www.ukparknews.co.uk

Coming June 1st 2010 is a brand new website, dedicated to bringing you the latest news, information, events, discounts, media & more from theme parks around the UK.

The website sports a clean yet smart design, ready for you to use on your computer, mobile device or mobile broadband, so you can always access the information you need - or just browse your common interest when bored at home or work.

So remember June 1st 2010 sees the launch of ukparknews.co.uk so come and join us!

You can also join our Facebook page.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tom C
post May 17 2010, 4:01 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Technical
Member No.: 330

Is that the logo that you're intending to use?

I find it hard to beleive that you want to take on a site the size of ATA if you think that that is the required standard?

If it's just temporary then I shall reserve judgement :-)

--------------------
ATA Team Member

+Quote Post
mat
post May 17 2010, 9:36 PM
Post #3

We're not competing with ATA or TT - both these sites offer something unique, which we would be foolish to try to recreate. smile.gif

Our site offers something different, for those people wanting information & entertainment on a broader scale.

--------------------

+Quote Post
meames
post May 18 2010, 11:10 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 11

Forgive me if I come across a bit harsh - but what is with a 'launch date'? I really don't get it, if the site is ready, stick it online, if its not, then tell us when it is - its not as though I am going to stick it in my diary to check your site out on the 1st!

--------------------

-I was God Once
-Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everybody died

+Quote Post
mat
post May 18 2010, 6:38 PM
Post #5

Well it's something to put on the home page while the final tweeks are being made isn't it tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dyce3
post May 18 2010, 9:24 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,003

Good luck with your website Mat! biggrin.gif Although this may seem harsh; it is inevitable that your going to have to fight for site traffic. I hope you've got a good advertising campaign! wink.gif

Good luck, and keep us posted with the websites' progress!

+Quote Post
mat
post May 18 2010, 9:53 PM
Post #7

Thanks Dyce.
Yep quite a bit in the pipeline, and we don't expect floods of hits from the off - the reality is that just won't happen. But we'll do as much as possible to hopefully see a steady increase in hits and unique visitors.

Now, if I can just shake this stinking manflu cold - it's really harpring my concentration levels while writing the site! blush.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mat
post Jun 2 2010, 6:39 PM
Post #8

Well, we're live now and all looks to be going well in the two days we've been on air!
If you havn't already - why not go take a look in your spare time.
We've the latest news including an official statement to UKPN regarding Thi3teen's downtime today and tomorrow. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mat
post Jun 12 2010, 2:13 PM
Post #9

This may be of interest to some of you coaster fanatics out there!

UK Park News Lightwater Valley Special Event Sunday 18th July 2010.
We're happy to announce that we have arranged a 1 hour Exclusive Ride Session on Europe's longest rollercoaster - The Ultimate!

We will be on park covering a Raptor Attack article and will start the day with our Ultimate ERS followed by an unofficial takeover of Raptor Attack. We'll then have the rest of the day to enjoy all the attractions on park including their other 2010 addition - Whirlwind (topscan).

At some point during the day we will take a behind the scenes tour of Raptor Attack and have the opportunity to put questions about the ride to the Operations & Marketing Managers - one lucky person will have the chance to accompany us on the tour and during the interview.

You must register your attendance in order to take part in this special event - just follow the links from our main website!

Hope to see you all there.

Thanks

--------------------

+Quote Post
WillPS
post Jun 21 2010, 4:16 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 348

Nemesis to Stay
Posted by UKPN on 2010-06-20 18:58:47 BST

After much speculation season after season, park bosses state that Nemesis will not be removed from Alton Towers this season.

The reoccuring rumour that Nemesis will be leaving Alton Towers seems to have been kurbed at last after park bosses confirmed that the SW3 attraction won't be removed any time soon.
John Wardley (consultant to Merlin Entertainments and a key member of the development team for all major attractions at the park) was quoted to have said "your grandchildren will be able to ride it" to a ten year old at the Thi3teen behind the scenes special event.

UK Park News has a full review of this event to be added to the site very soon.

UK Park News had received news from a reliable source that 2010 was to be the attractions last year, however this information appears to have been proven wrong.

PHEW!

--------------------

+Quote Post
garyholc
post Jun 21 2010, 11:01 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 870

I cant ever see Nemesis being removed, infact, if ever it was, then I see an identical replacement being put in its place!

+Quote Post
meames
post Jun 21 2010, 2:18 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 11

I could see an extended version of it appearing in the distant future - heres hoping smile.gif

--------------------

-I was God Once
-Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everybody died

+Quote Post
mat
post Sep 11 2010, 8:11 PM
Post #13

Yes please, if it could be extended to my front yard. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mat
post Sep 25 2010, 5:40 PM
Post #14

The countdown to Halloween commences at UK Park News HQ...

Dare to click this link...

This post has been edited by mat: Sep 25 2010, 5:42 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
SAW_gameover`
post Nov 14 2010, 8:01 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 15,037

Hi everyone!

Firstly we want to thank each and every one of you for your continued support, we really couldn't do it without you!

The last few months we have been slaving away at our desks, designing the Brand New UK Park News site, and finally, we have gone live! The brand new site has tonnes of new features, too many to list on here infact, and is built to create a more pleasing and user friendly experience.

Those of you who have subscribed to our RSS, or even those who haven't; we have a new RSS link, so to continue receiving updates, make sure to bookmark the new one, as the old one shall not be updated any further. The new RSS can be found here: http://www.ukparknews.co.uk/entry/cms/?feed=rss2
And don't forget, those of you who have signed up to Fantasy Theme Park UK, we are putting the finishing touches to it, and shall be starting the game early November, so keep an eye out.

Also, our brand new reviews are up!

We have over the last month uploaded Official Reviews for:

Paultons Park
Drayton Manor
Gullivers World
And most recently, Frightwater Valley.

Over the closed season, We shall be bringing you Christmas event reviews from many Theme Parks, as well as a rare, Behind the Scenes, 'A day in the life of Park Maintenance' where we shall be shadowing the Maintenance team at Lightwater Valley for a whole day or two.

Once again We'd like to thank you all, and we hope you continue to use, and enjoy UK Park News.

www.ukparknews.co.uk - Your Dedicated Theme Park Resource!

This post has been edited by SAW_gameover`: Nov 14 2010, 8:01 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2017 - 6:58 PM