2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Chained Oak, Picture
garyholc
post Mar 13 2006, 11:17 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 870

Think many members here will find that hard to believe.... we've seen the pics lol!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nexus
post Mar 14 2006, 12:30 AM
Post #22

Photographer
Group Icon

Group: Team Members
Member No.: 94

QUOTE (Kaycee @ Mar 13 2006, 09:52 PM) *
I'm pretty sure it was me, Craig, Tom, Rich and Snake (I'm sorry, I can't quite recall your real name...) actually in the car.

Not me, I was back at the hotel with Dan, Emmy and the rest of the group.

It was richard (Snake) who ran back to the hotel from the crash site and banged on my hotel room door to let us know abut the crash. I jumped into action by letting the park security now about the accident (Via the emergency number from the hotel-room) and then a few of us took off on foot to try and help out, the park security got there before we did.

This post has been edited by Nexus: Mar 14 2006, 12:31 AM

--------------------
Tom Bannister
ATA Site Photographer

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

+Quote Post
garyholc
post Mar 14 2006, 3:38 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 870

QUOTE (Kaycee @ Mar 13 2006, 09:52 PM) *
Haha seems Rich wasn't too good with the introductions - I can't really remember who was there. Although I don't think Emmy was in the car when it crashed. I'm pretty sure it was me, Craig, Tom, Rich and Snake (I'm sorry, I can't quite recall your real name...) actually in the car.

Yes, it was funny how a pothole caused all the spinning..

How long back was this - did it happen at the really sharp bend where you turn right towards the car parks and hotel road? I have seen so many crashes there, one of which looks particularly nasty...

+Quote Post
Kaycee
post Mar 14 2006, 3:56 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 104

It was two years ago. No, it wasn't there - it was on the little road between the entrance to the main car park and the Hotels themselves. On a straight. Rich was going quite fast and suddenly the car just started spinning out of control before stopping on the grass at the side just beside a tree trunk. The branches from the trees smashed in the glass on the right hand side of the car and the back window if I remember rightly. There was some other damage as well, but can't remember exactly.

--------------------
je veux ton amore
et je veux ton revanche

+Quote Post
RPG
post Mar 14 2006, 4:52 PM
Post #25

Şetta Er Allt Öğruvísi
Group Icon

Member No.: 65

Ah yes, I remember that night too. I wasnt in the hotel, but I remember I had to help Rich with the Insurance claim at the time!

Never two years ago, cripes.

--------------------
RPG was a member here during the decade of 2000 while 2009. May his wonderful 'poasts' live on to inspire future generations.

+Quote Post
andy talocanham
post Mar 17 2006, 8:09 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 1,363

I have not got a clue where the tree is. HELP. Lol... please... smile.gif

--------------------

Rita: The Ultimate Ride for people who cant go on Stealth

+Quote Post
tiger2000
post Mar 17 2006, 7:26 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 280

I'm not sure, but I think its Forum Policy not to give out details of how to get to the tree to avoid too many people causing 'wear & tear' to the area.

+Quote Post
andy talocanham
post Mar 17 2006, 7:36 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 1,363

Well, is there any chance anyone could PM me on it, i am not going to pull it down or anything, just would like to see it. I will not pass the info on, thats a promise. Please smile.gif

--------------------

Rita: The Ultimate Ride for people who cant go on Stealth

+Quote Post
air-dynamic
post Apr 2 2006, 4:01 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 1,475

can anyone tell me the way???i've looked on the internet to no avail dry.gif .help!!!

+Quote Post
RPG
post Apr 4 2006, 9:58 AM
Post #30

Şetta Er Allt Öğruvísi
Group Icon

Member No.: 65

I don't recommend anyone going down there at the moment, the place is all but flooded (the water drains down the hill into the stream) and its practically a death trap.

I've slipped in the mud there after a light drizzle turned it into a swamp.

--------------------
RPG was a member here during the decade of 2000 while 2009. May his wonderful 'poasts' live on to inspire future generations.

+Quote Post
meames
post Apr 4 2006, 3:41 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 11

It isn't that hard to find - its sign posted just about!

And yes, wait until the summer, it can be very nice walking around the village and forest in the summer.

--------------------

-I was God Once
-Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everybody died

+Quote Post
AraaniSwift
post Oct 1 2010, 7:05 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 14,968

link to my Facebook photos of the chained oak

heya, above are some photos my hubby took when we visited the tree on a second occasion this was after the branch fell. i appologise for the rubbish images we had an old phone which didnt take very good pics.

the first time we visited there was a defianate aura about the tree, when we first emerged to where it stood it was quiet in the clearing, no birds, even as my husband started up the stairs i could barely hear him when i got to the top of the stairs again we couldnt believe that it was so quiet. on the way down i let my husband go first and i stood at the top and i swear i felt a push at the back of my knees. i took the hint and said we were going and we left the tree, as a kind of peace offering we took one of the acorns that had fallen from the tree and planted it in the soil near the base of the clearing.
after the branch had fallen and when we took these pictures the admosphere was different, better, there were birds singing and it just felt calmer, like the tree was glad to be free of some of its chains.

+Quote Post
liumingzhu
post Oct 21 2010, 8:09 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 15,002

Ah yes, I remember that night too. I wasnt in the hotel, but I remember I had to help Rich with the Insurance claim at the time!

http://www.uggsbootsbest.com/

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2017 - 11:57 PM