Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Warehouse round existing coaster
Minus
post Apr 19 2010, 11:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,042

Its only a matter of time before someone does this.
How about a warehouse round an existing coaster or part of it to make it dark. I wouldn't have thought it too expensive and probably wouldnt require too much change of the "planning" legislation. Hey what about Oblivion!? Since that has a noise problem. Encase the whole thing in a big tunnel with strobes, smoke, lasers. smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Coaster_Dude
post Apr 19 2010, 11:30 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 946

Just why? I can't see a single upside to doing that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Minus
post Apr 19 2010, 11:36 PM
Post #3

It would intensify parts of the ride, like imagine strobing all the way down the drop. I would like it just cause its something different.

+Quote Post
chapmanmania
post Apr 20 2010, 5:31 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 12,800

A big part of the intimidation value for a lot of first time riders on Oblivion will be the sight of the drop. Enclosing the coaster in darkness would destroy that. It works for some coasters though, and it allows them to bill them as new attractions.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mat
post May 12 2010, 9:04 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 487

It does seem a bit of a pointless addition to any of the rides at Towers, however it would be very nice to see some effort put into Air's tunnel.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fruit Corner
post May 12 2010, 7:32 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 14,633

What you're saying is, build an indoor coaster...

+Quote Post
Minus
post May 15 2010, 8:44 PM
Post #7

Just sharing my random ideas
but i do think it would be good to have an indoor coaster since blackhole has gone. I think the variation is important.

+Quote Post
Peet
post May 20 2010, 10:12 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 716

I'm concerned by the lack of indoor coasters now in the UK, at least four have closed in the last few years (Thunder Mountain at Flamingo Land, Black Hole, Space Invader 2 and the one at Metroland). That only really leaves the Rat/Raptor attack at Lightwater Valley and X/: Let Me Out. So on that basis I'd love Towers to open a new one, whether or not it's in the Black Hole tent. Something along the lines of Disneyland's Space Mountain would be great.
If they made a decent, not too claustrophobic queuing area inside the structure then it would be extremely popular on rainy days!

+Quote Post
AirFAN
post Jun 4 2010, 6:22 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 172

I do see the point you're getting at. Riding Oblivion in the dark would definitely be good. However, I'm thinking incorporating something more along the lines of The Mummy at Universal would do the ride more justice.

As it is, I think merely enclosing the ride wouldn't add much to the ride experience and it would definitely look like an eyesore.

I always thought riding something like Ripsaw in the dark would be good. Putting LED lights in the water etc and having say strobe lights as you're violently spinning. Obviously incorporating it into some kind of story.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2017 - 4:40 PM