--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cosmosis
post Jul 30 2005, 10:15 AM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 574

QUOTE (cosmosis @ Jul 25 2005, 11:44 AM)
  Ian Habgood (themed music) created the HH music, and Tussauds Studios created the Duel music. I'm not 100% sure though.
I think there is a site, Haunted One that has the HH and TT music on it, its not Rideas its a small personal site. I'll have a look for it .

Don't know why I just answered my own Question?
I'm on a role these days huh.gif

I should really start to read the posts wacko.gif

This post has been edited by cosmosis: Jul 30 2005, 10:23 AM

+Quote Post
NemesisX
post Aug 1 2007, 5:32 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 5,203

I used to hear that spooky GWood Theme it freaked me ou that did but now its duel I seem to like it and the ride music, but what does Haunted Hollow's music sounds like now thats added to that area?

huh.gif

--------------------
AltonTowersNerd

+Quote Post
sirius
post Aug 5 2007, 2:11 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 666

I can't find any information on Graham Smart but I found a little website for David Buckley and on his credits page it says that he composed music for 'Duel', 'Splash Landings' and 'Log Flume'.
Click here to see that page. It's at the very bottom of the page.

I'm going to keep searching on Grahman Smart...btw does anyone know the name of the person who did the original voice over work on the Nemesis story? I think I did once see his name somewhere but I can't remember where I read it or what it was.

This post has been edited by sirius: Aug 5 2007, 2:12 PM

--------------------
- A Tale With A Twist - A Tree In Chains - A House Falling - A Vault Sealed For Two Centuries -

+Quote Post
Luke
post Aug 5 2007, 2:20 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 75

That was Tom Baker. smile.gif He also did a bit of work for halloween in 2003, with the Terror of the Towers Bloodfest Banquet dining room spiel.

There isn't anything on Graham Smart on the internet, so you'd just be wasting your time.

+Quote Post
sirius
post Aug 8 2007, 9:44 PM
Post #26

Indeed I was! But I emailed David Buckley and he replied to me like...instantly. He seems a nice guy and say's he doesn't do anything for the Tussauds Studios anymore. Take that as you will blush.gif

--------------------
- A Tale With A Twist - A Tree In Chains - A House Falling - A Vault Sealed For Two Centuries -

+Quote Post
cosmosis
post Aug 9 2007, 8:44 AM
Post #27

Hi Sirius, Im doing the exact same thing as you! Can't get hold of him anywhere. I've emailed Bernie Whates whos the Audio/Visual manager of the park, but im still awaiting a reply.

+Quote Post
sirius
post Aug 9 2007, 2:25 PM
Post #28

I spoke to Bernie a canny few years back when I was constantly harping at them to send me the Hex theme, which he did on a CD lol. He called me "Mr Unhappy" cuz of how much I'd said it was rude to be ignored...got results though tongue.gif I remember, he told me that he composed the theme for hex, and then later I asked Lucy Douglas who was a projects manager at Tusssauds Studios (dunno if she still is) and she said it wasnt composed by one person...but by a team of people. Seemed strange to me. I still have all my emails with Lucy somewhere she told me that Hex was pretty much a full "in house" project with everything being done by the Studios themsevles. It's one of my favourite rides in the whole place. Wonderful themeing cool.gif its my favourite of any music from Alton Towers.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cosmosis
post Aug 9 2007, 2:32 PM
Post #29

I heard it was Crispin Merrel, perhaps Bernie Wrote and Crispin Orchestrated, or the other way around?

+Quote Post
sirius
post Aug 9 2007, 2:39 PM
Post #30

Sounds likley. Let me know what you hear back from Bernie Whates.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Luke
post Aug 9 2007, 2:45 PM
Post #31

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 75

Poor Bernie Whates getting all this harrassment off enthusiasts for CD's. Still, suppose he deserves it after the recent music changes.

+Quote Post
NemesisX
post Jan 13 2008, 11:40 AM
Post #32

How did you get that Duel icon?

--------------------
AltonTowersNerd

+Quote Post
Jambala
post Feb 2 2008, 9:41 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 11,476

I know this one!

The original Haunted House (and Toyland Tours) music was written by "G. Smart". It was produced by Beulah Studios. Their address is (or was) 90 Beulah Road, Rhiwbina, Cardiff CF4 6LZ.

The graveyard track on the CD is the best one. :-)

Cheers,

- J

+Quote Post
cosmosis
post Feb 2 2008, 10:20 PM
Post #34

Wow thanks Jamabala, thats fantasitc info!

I think that however he's moved on from there since now sad.gif

+Quote Post
NemesisX
post Jan 23 2009, 8:08 PM
Post #35

I think it was DB (David Buckley) who did the soundtracks I was on his site and he did the theme tune to Duel, but to be honest I think he might of done to the theme to the Haunted House...

anyone remember the giant effect it used to scare you when it watched you with its big eye as you passed.

This post has been edited by NemesisX: Jan 23 2009, 8:01 PM

--------------------
AltonTowersNerd

+Quote Post
Nexus
post Jan 23 2009, 8:19 PM
Post #36

Photographer
Group Icon

Group: Team Members
Member No.: 94

If it helps I have the complete HH Soundtrack on MP3, contact me via PM for more info.

--------------------
Tom Bannister
ATA Site Photographer

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

+Quote Post
Katdragon
post Mar 29 2009, 8:07 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 14,221

Hi people, I know Graham Smart and he moved from Cardiff over 12 years ago and is now living in West Wales. The music he wrote for the Tussauds Group was: Chessington World of Adventures - "Professor Burps Bubble Works" the "Vampire" ride, the "Black Forest Chateau" and "Torror Tomb".

At Alton Towers there was "Toyland Tours", "The Haunted House", "Nemises", "The Black Hole", "Peter Rabbit & Friends on Ice" (2 different shows) and the "Tower Street" music....(I think thats all!!!).

The voice on Nemesis was Tom Baker and virtually all of the music was recorded and produced at Graham's studio (ok garage!!) in Cardiff with the exception of Terror Tomb which was recorded at Loco Studios in Gwent, South Wales. The organ sounds used in the Vampire ride and the Black Forest Chateau were sampled by Graham and Nick Smith (from Loco Studios) from a church organ in a disused church in Hammersmith (I think).

Apart from the guitars on Terror Tomb (Hywel Maggs), and the voice (Neil Lockwood) all instrumentation/performances were by Graham.

Hope this info is of interest. If you want any more info, just ask me!!
rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
cosmosis
post Mar 31 2009, 3:13 PM
Post #38

This is not fair! I spent over a year trying to track down Graham and just weeks after I find him someone knows him! tongue.gif

He's a very nice guy and very talented! Shame he doesn't compose anymore!

Do you know what he does now KatDragon?

+Quote Post
Katdragon
post Apr 2 2009, 9:32 AM
Post #39

Member No.: 14,221

Hi Cosmosis

Yes he is nice and it is a shame he doesn't compose now as he was so original, still is as a person.

At the moment he is setting up a website to sell custom designed t-shirts (and I'm trying to persuade him to put a music download page aswell) - do you think people would be interested?

I also know that he is on the look out for people to come up with cool designs - so if anyone out there wants to get involved just post your info on here and I'll tell him about it! and you'll get to work with Graham.

Katdragon

+Quote Post
cosmosis
post Apr 9 2009, 5:40 PM
Post #40

Sounds interesting! I'm actually looking for a Custom T Shirt company to make some Raef (from the apprentice) Tees for Leeds Fest 09 from some designs we have. Yes thats right, we are sad enough to name our camp after the great raef from the apprentice! tongue.gif

Katdragon, I noticed you didn't mention Katanga Canyon, I always assumed that Graham had done that piece too.

oh and 100% yes to the music download page!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2017 - 6:32 PM