Reply to this topicStart new topic
ATA RCT2 Pass the Park
rctneil
post Jun 4 2006, 9:51 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 412

Hey,
Ok No Problem, I understand that a park with 15 B&M inverters would be stupid! I hope I can join and I'll do my best! Anyway if the custom scenery checkbox in the options panel is chcked when people save their game then any scenery that people use in the park will be distributed with the park as it's passed around.

Cheers

Neil

This post has been edited by rctneil: Jun 4 2006, 9:53 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dan
post Jun 4 2006, 9:55 AM
Post #22

Web Developer
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 12

Yes, but it will have to have been selected when the scenario was created, and that'll be done by Alex. So any custom scenery he includes will be there, but if I (for example) have my own piece of custom scenery, I won't be able to include it in my area because you can only use what's been pre-selected.

--------------------

+Quote Post
rctneil
post Jun 4 2006, 10:00 AM
Post #23

Yes i understand now, Can i please request 1 set of custom scenery?

Thanks

Neil

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emily Howard
post Jun 4 2006, 10:34 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 1,213

Eyeamthu and I are currently discussing rules/limits etc and will post more details in the next couple of days.

I dont think any custom scenery will be used, but will let you all know in due course.

--------------------
"You must know that I am a lady... I press flowers and stroke kittens and swim in rivers... wearing dresses and hats."

+Quote Post
Dan
post Jun 4 2006, 10:43 AM
Post #25

Web Developer
Group Icon

I'd rather there wasn't any custom scenery (or if you feel the need, then not much). Makes people use their imaginations more. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
rctneil
post Jun 4 2006, 10:51 AM
Post #26

If there was any customs scnery then i would love to have the use of a water pack, the one which has like water on angled slopes like mini waterfalls. It also has tiles which you cna place which have mini fountains. I'll see if i can find it.

Thanks

Neil

Edit: Ah, Here it is - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steveu01/downloads.htm - Water Features Pack of this page. There is a picture of the items on the screenshots page of the same site.

This post has been edited by rctneil: Jun 4 2006, 10:55 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
towersdude
post Jun 4 2006, 11:03 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 705

oh, i was hoping to do a river rapids

2 questions

1. will we be using time twister and wacky worlds?

2. are we allowed to use trainers? (8 cars per train, son of beast etc.)

not so bothered about the first one although it would be good, but id love to make a river rapids with wide rivers and waterfalls. Plus then you can use the mountain buildar toool inside the game

+Quote Post
eyeamthu1
post Jun 4 2006, 1:54 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 17

I've updated the list of 'who's in', I think it's all correct so far. There's probably a few more spaces left if need be...

As EmilyHoward posted above, we're currently coming up with a set of rules. The rough idea is:
- There will be a scenario, divided into several equal-sized sections.
- There'd also be an entrance area, and some empty space in the middle of the park, as a 'focal point'.
- Park gets 'passed' from person to person (in alphabetical order), each person should aim to get their section done in a week.
- People can pretty much do whatever they want in their section, although some sort of theme would be preferred. Themes and rides cannot be repeated.

Obviously, all these 'rules' are open to discussion.

In my personal opinion, people shouldn't HAVE to do a theme, although it would be preferred. I don't think you should pre-choose a theme, just don't repeat themes. If someone's already built an Egyptian section, don't build an Egyptian section as well.

Likewise, don't repeat rides. If there's already a B&M inverter, don't build another. However, if someone's built an Intamin Gigacoaster, that doesn't mean you can't build, an Intamin Rocket coaster...

You should fill your section. It doesn't really matter whether you fill it with 5 rides, or one really big, well themed coaster... it's up to you.

Trainers - I'd personally like to use trainers, as I think they add a lot to the game, and you can make many different types of rides not in the game (e.g. Rocket coaster). That said, if used, they must be used responsibly - save the game regularly!

Custom Scenery - I'm against over-the-top custom scenery, for example, scenery which doesn't look like it belongs in RCT2. However, some sets of scenery are really great, for example, that water pack. I think some custom scenery should be included...

Expansion Packs - this will be a RCT2 ONLY park... no WackyWorlds or TimeTwisters. This is primarily to allow more people to play.

Any thoughts / comments on the above?

--------------------

Check out my New Element Spotlight RCT2 park: Magic Realms Resort

+Quote Post
rctneil
post Jun 4 2006, 1:59 PM
Post #29

Does that mean that there can only be 1 topspin or pirate ship in the park?

--------------------

+Quote Post
eyeamthu1
post Jun 4 2006, 2:05 PM
Post #30

I guess so, yes... A real park wouldn't have more than one top spin in it, for example...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emily Howard
post Jun 4 2006, 2:14 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 1,213

As Eyeamthu said, RCT2 only, trainers are going to be allowed, as is some custom scenery, only if it is realistic though.

Just putting a final draft of rules then we should be ready to play.

--------------------
"You must know that I am a lady... I press flowers and stroke kittens and swim in rivers... wearing dresses and hats."

+Quote Post
Dan
post Jun 4 2006, 2:38 PM
Post #32

Web Developer
Group Icon

QUOTE (eyeamthu1 @ Jun 4 2006, 02:54 PM) *
Expansion Packs - this will be a RCT2 ONLY park... no WackyWorlds or TimeTwisters. This is primarily to allow more people to play.

I currently have both Wacky Worlds and Time Twisters installed. Will I need to uninstall them to make sure the game doesn't save the file as WW/TT compatible only?

--------------------

+Quote Post
RPG
post Jun 4 2006, 5:26 PM
Post #33

Şetta Er Allt Öğruvísi
Group Icon

Group: Team Members
Member No.: 65

I'm tempted to have a go. I wouldn't mind having a go at remaking my City theme from last time... but much better laugh.gif

--------------------
RPG was a member here during the decade of 2000 while 2009. May his wonderful 'poasts' live on to inspire future generations.

+Quote Post
towersdude
post Jun 4 2006, 6:59 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

Member No.: 705

Dan, we shouldnt need to uninstall the expansions because if they make a custom scenario only rides from rct2 will be included so it shouldn't be a problem...shouldn't

im hoping i can still make a lost city/ temple theme by the time its me, if its in alphabetical order "t" is gonna be near the end... can i use Craig instead? smile.gif

+Quote Post
eyeamthu1
post Jun 4 2006, 7:33 PM
Post #35

So RPG - do you want in? tongue.gif

EmilyHoward will post the rules shortly, so hopefully we can get going shortly.

Could SHEIKRA and Dj Dice please confirm if they want to take part in the RCT2 Pass the Park.

Anyone who does want to take part, please post asap, we'll stop accepting entrants shortly...

Dan - you do NOT have to uninstall WW & TT. This scenario will run fine with them installed, but the scenario itself will not use any rides/scenery from WW or TT.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sawyer
post Jun 4 2006, 7:35 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 633

Good luck guys, !

--------------------

+Quote Post
WillPS
post Jun 4 2006, 9:45 PM
Post #37

Group Icon

Member No.: 348

QUOTE (towersdude @ Jun 4 2006, 07:59 PM) *
im hoping i can still make a lost city/ temple theme by the time its me, if its in alphabetical order "t" is gonna be near the end... can i use Craig instead? smile.gif

How about we just discuss within here what we'd like to do? I'd like:
  • A Schwarzkopf 'JetStar' style coaster (Spiral Coaster is it?)
  • Rotodrop
  • Water Coaster (Splash Boats I believe they're called in the game?)
Also, how about adding in a few extra rides, such as Amazing Earl's creations?

--------------------

+Quote Post
PaulMorgster
post Jun 4 2006, 10:21 PM
Post #38

Group Icon

Member No.: 21

Is it too late to join in?

--------------------
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurios pronsite of 'hot XXX galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning,
And my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour.
"Tis not possible!", I muttered, "give me back my free hardcore!"
Quoth the Server,

+Quote Post
RPG
post Jun 4 2006, 10:27 PM
Post #39

Şetta Er Allt Öğruvísi
Group Icon

Group: Team Members
Member No.: 65

QUOTE (eyeamthu1 @ Jun 4 2006, 08:33 PM) *
So RPG - do you want in? tongue.gif

Aye, why not.

As for repeating of rides, I think we should go for how we did it last time which was;

Don't repeat them until you are doing something radically different with them, for instance, I'd say it'd be ok to use more than one LIM Launched Vertical coaster because with the little you can do with them they're basically flat rides anyway.

--------------------
RPG was a member here during the decade of 2000 while 2009. May his wonderful 'poasts' live on to inspire future generations.

+Quote Post
eyeamthu1
post Jun 5 2006, 7:44 AM
Post #40

Added RPG and Paul to the list...

With regards to repeating rides, RPG's hit the nail on the head really: 'Don't repeat them until you are doing something radically different with them'. If someone's made a 200ft coaster using the Gigacoaster, it doesn't mean you can't make a ground-hugging, Rita-esque rocket coaster using the Gigacoaster.

AmazingEarl flat rides... I don't know yet. I'm currently setting up the scenario, and as you can only have 128 different attractions, I can fill those slots up with official RCT2 rides. AmazingEarl custom rides also add a lot to the file size, so I'd guess we won't include them...

Scenery -- it's looking like we're going to have 15 or so sections, so ideally we'd have 15 scenery sets that people can use. However, again due to RCT2's limits, this isn't possible. Therefore, in the scenario I'm setting up, I've put in a few standard themes (Roman, Mining, Egyptian etc), but then I've also included a few different sets of colourable roofing/walls/building blocks, a few miscellaneous items and a Water Features pack. Basically, there's enough scenery in there, but to get a distinct 'theme', you're going to have to use it effectively and imaginatively! Should be a challenge!
(Obviously, you don't HAVE to do a themed area, you could just make a really well-presented amusement park-style section!)

This post has been edited by eyeamthu1: Jun 5 2006, 9:34 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2017 - 2:54 AM