Reply to this topicStart new topic
ATA RCT2 Pass the Park
Emily Howard
post Jun 5 2006, 12:12 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,213

RCT2 Pass Park Rules

1) Final date for entry is 07/06/06 (THIS WEDNESDAY!) - If you have not entered by then, you will not
be included in the game.

2) Each 'player' will have a week to complete their section and return it back to one of us.
You will be disqualified if this is not adhered to.

3) Construction must be done within your asigned area. Building or themeing outside of your designated area is prohibited. Fence removal within your designated area is permitted.

4)Turns will be taken in alphabetical order.

5)Customer scenery can be used, providing it's realistic.

6) Not more than one ride type can be used (I.E. we dont want 15 B&M inverters), and rides type
will not be pre-selected (I.E. you cant say 'I want to do a B&M inverter and Top Spin, if it's been
done already, tough)
You can however use trainers to create different rides types (I.E. Gigacoaster/Intamin Rocket Coaster)
Another exception would be if a player were to build dueling coasters.

7) You can do pretty much what you want in your area (other than duplicate already constructed rides) BUT
it would be adviseable to try to keep to a theme.

8) A walkway must connect your designated area with any neighboring sections.

9) Altering another member’s work for any given reason is strictly prohibited and will lead to automatic disqualification.

10) No more than 4 rides can be built per area. With RCT2's object limiter, we want to ensure that EVERYONE can take part, meaning we will have to limit the amount of rides one can build. Also, you are only allowed to build ONE type of rollercoaster (it would be unfair for somebody to build a flyer,inverter and floorless in one area for instance)
AND FINALLY...........

Can all entrants please confirm participation to either myself or Eyeamthu1 by WEDNESDAY 7th JUNE 2006.

If you have not confirmed your participation by this date you will not be in the game, and will have to watch from the sidelines!

Any queries, please PM either myself or Eyeamthu1, or equally if you think there should be an addition to the
above rules, let us know and we will discuss it and update accordingly.

Eyeamthu1 will be producing the map shortly ready to play.

This post has been edited by Emily Howard: Jun 5 2006, 12:46 PM

--------------------
"You must know that I am a lady... I press flowers and stroke kittens and swim in rivers... wearing dresses and hats."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
eyeamthu1
post Jun 5 2006, 2:44 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 17

The Rules above are the PROVISIONAL rules, these are open to debate.

Just to add to /comment on the above...

2) Aim to get your section done in a week. It doesn't REALLY matter if you take a little longer, but for ease of running the thing, try to get your section done within a week (obviously, if you get it done quicker, that's even better).

3) Keep all construction in your own section... your section will probably be separated from the others by water, so it's clear where your boundaries are.

5) You don't need to worry about this point-- I'm sorting out all the custom scenery.

8) Again, you probably won't need to worry about this point; I might build the connecting paths...

10) This is kind of open to debate... you probably won't have space to build more than one coaster and more than four rides anyway. In my opinion, it's ok if you build a large coaster in your section, and a kiddie coaster next to it...
To be honest, your best aim is to have a section with 1-3 really well-themed, detailed attractions.

- Everyone who's on the 'Confirmed' list on Page 1 are in and do not have to 'reconfirm'.
- Dj Dice and SHEIKRA need to confirm by Wednesday evening, or will NOT be entered.

- Some of the rules above may change when I've set up the scenario, but a full copy of the final rules/instructions will be included when you get sent the park. These will include 'sending' instructions (who to 'pass the park' onto etc.).

Any comments / questions / suggestions?

This post has been edited by eyeamthu1: Jun 5 2006, 2:47 PM

--------------------

Check out my New Element Spotlight RCT2 park: Magic Realms Resort

+Quote Post
Emily Howard
post Jun 5 2006, 3:12 PM
Post #43

Ditto.....forgot to add the provisional bit as Eyeamthu mentioned.

I have to say I think point 10 i made should be enforced. I just have a bad feeling a few more people are going to join and we will run outta rides!

--------------------
"You must know that I am a lady... I press flowers and stroke kittens and swim in rivers... wearing dresses and hats."

+Quote Post
Dyce3
post Jun 5 2006, 3:37 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 1,003

I don't want to take part in the RCT2 park, but I will when the RCT3 park is going to start

+Quote Post
Emily Howard
post Jun 5 2006, 3:58 PM
Post #45

That will be after Eyeamthu1's RCT2 pass park game has been completed. When that has happened, I will get Dan to open the other thread back up and do the RCT3 one, it just seems stupid having two on the go at one time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mad Man
post Jun 5 2006, 4:52 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 1,325

Is it possible to put me down as a maybe for the rct2 park, as i think i know where my copy of the game is and will try to get it back as soon as possible. Put me down as a definate for the rct3 park though please.

Many Thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
towersdude
post Jun 5 2006, 4:53 PM
Post #47

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 705

i think that 2 coasters should be allowed in a section because some can be interpreted differently. If your using a trainer you can use a twister track with spinning cars to get a maurer coaster. People could then have a soinning wild mouse and a twister next to that.

Other things lke water coasters, someobdy can make a huge one with lots of turns and helixes etc, but then somebody may just want to use it as a short plunge ride like tidal wave

if things are made differently then there are plenty of coasters that could be made without repeationg them

This post has been edited by towersdude: Jun 5 2006, 5:08 PM

+Quote Post
Adam
post Jun 5 2006, 4:57 PM
Post #48

Group Icon

From: Home: Gravesend, Kent. Uni: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Member No.: 429

^ Well thats pretty much what the rules say, if your making a different type of that certain ride its fine, but don't use it to do the same thing.

All looks good to me guys. Woo I get to go first which means I have every coaster type available to me, hmm decisions decisions. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
towersdude
post Jun 5 2006, 5:07 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

what i really mean is that 2 coasters in sections should be allowed becasue if you can maje them so different then there should be enough to go round.

should have mande that more clea

+Quote Post
air-dynamic
post Jun 5 2006, 5:20 PM
Post #50

Member No.: 1,475

Is there still time to join in?If there is count me in tongue.gif !
Oh,and put me in for rc3(if i can find the game.)
thanks!

This post has been edited by air-dynamic: Jun 5 2006, 5:22 PM

+Quote Post
Dan
post Jun 5 2006, 10:42 PM
Post #51

Web Developer
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 12

QUOTE (Adam @ Jun 5 2006, 05:57 PM) *
Woo I get to go first which means I have every coaster type available to me, hmm decisions decisions. smile.gif

Leave me the B&M inverter, go on, you know you want to. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
WillPS
post Jun 6 2006, 1:25 AM
Post #52

Group Icon

Member No.: 348

I think all those should be taken as guidelines rather than rules.

It's not a competition, it's a bit of a game that we're all taking part in, so there are no prizes for the section with the most or least rides. I think 4 rides should be a guideline, with 5 as the absolute limit.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emily Howard
post Jun 6 2006, 7:28 AM
Post #53

WillPS, they are not so much rules, they are guidlines as you say, however they need to be in place just on the off chance somebody abuses what we are doing. And you right about the ride limit.

Dan,

Maybe if you remove my warn level, I may be able to influence it so the inverter is yours !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Michael
post Jun 6 2006, 2:52 PM
Post #54

Member No.: 697

This sounds like it could be fun, so I'll give it a shot if theres space!

+Quote Post
Ryan P
post Jun 6 2006, 4:20 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 1,532

What is this exactly?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Haggath
post Jun 6 2006, 4:24 PM
Post #56

Member No.: 1,308

Ok. I already have an idea for my area (as long as no one takes it tongue.gif) and i cant wait for it. Oh and btw. Once the whole park is finished, will we get a copy of the park?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dyce3
post Jun 6 2006, 4:30 PM
Post #57

Member No.: 1,003

QUOTE (Pleasure Beach Extra @ Jun 6 2006, 05:20 PM) *
What is this exactly?

This is a PTP or PIAP (piap - pass it around park, ptp - pass the park). One person gets a area with a fence round it, this is their area of the park, once their area is finished they pass the park to the next pesron in the queue for the park

Example of layout

+Quote Post
WillPS
post Jun 6 2006, 7:50 PM
Post #58

Group Icon

Member No.: 348

Except ours is more likely to have a 5 x 5 grid than a 3 x 3 one for obvious reasons. Perhaps we could deviate from the grid iron pattern, with some people getting a corner shaped piece of land?

--------------------

+Quote Post
towersdude
post Jun 6 2006, 8:10 PM
Post #59

Group Icon

i hope we get much more wierd and wonderful shapes to make the park a bit more interesting than simple box shapes of themes

+Quote Post
Ryan P
post Jun 6 2006, 8:21 PM
Post #60

Member No.: 1,532

I'll help!

--------------------

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »