2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Unnamed RCT2 Project, My next big themed park
eyeamthu1
post Sep 7 2006, 10:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17

Right, so after eventually working out how to get all the custom scenery and rides exporting correctly, and making a workbench, I could get started on my next project!

Over the summer, I've experimented with a lot of new custom scenery, and having recently completed Bramble Lake Resort, which was primarily an amusement park, I wanted to create a really detailed, THEMED park.

I'm going away for a few days (to Port Aventura, hoorah!), so wanted to post these screens before I go, to give you guys a quick preview. These are work in progress; the theming, scenery and landscaping is not yet complete, but the images should give you a flavour of my vision!

The first area of my as yet unnamed project is a Western-themed section. It currently contains 4 rides:

First up is a woodie - although it looks out&back, it still contains many twister-style elements. Featuring dives through buildings, tunnels through mountains and close encounters with water features, this woodie delivers an action-packed ride.

This is the Splash-Boats ride - it needs a lot more theming/landscaping, but you can get the gist of it. It's a fairly standard design, although there is a short indoor/outdoor section prior to the main drop.

As far as I'm aware, this is a world-first for RCT2! A fully functional X-Car coaster - this thing properly works, travelling up the lift-loop element at a normal lift hill speed, before gravity takes over at the top. It's a pretty cunning hack (stumbled on accidentally) and aside from the 3-cars per train, and a small (under 10mph) launch at the beginning, it's pretty much perfect! And has good stats!

Another shot of the X-Car coaster, which features the lift-loop/barrel roll/dive loop combo, an overbanked turn, an airtime hill with vertical climb/drop, and a cobra roll! Also, there's a Round-Up ride nearby too!

Let me know what you think of the screens, any comments/suggestions/criticism would be most welcome! Thanks!

This post has been edited by eyeamthu1: Sep 7 2006, 10:27 PM

--------------------

Check out my New Element Spotlight RCT2 park: Magic Realms Resort

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sawyer
post Sep 7 2006, 10:40 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 633

Amazing Work!

Well done, I'm glad you got the x car to work right. Was this the park that i tryed out for you?

Anyway well done and enjoy Port Aventura!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Khufu
post Sep 8 2006, 12:50 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,075

Congrats man, that's some pretty swish work.

+Quote Post
Ryan2006
post Sep 9 2006, 1:16 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,136

Great work alex!

--------------------

+Quote Post
eyeamthu1
post Sep 23 2006, 6:02 PM
Post #5

Update - I haven't done too much, since I've only just got back from holiday, but most of my time has been spent on making the Maverick (Cedar Point's New for 2007)-style LSM coaster.

A little more work has been done on the Splash Boats ride.

Here's the Western-themed area's other attraction, a railway ride (currently incomplete). The first segment of the ride is 'dark ride' in character, but shortly the train travels across a suspension bridge (which guests will walk under to enter the Western area). From here on, riders will experience a tour of the area, and will be treated to great views of the woodie and the splash boats ride.

Another update on the central portion of the Western area; I've almost completed the woodie's station, but I'm not too happy with its overall look.

Onto the next unique coaster I've made. This is a Maverick style ride, featuring a lift hill and launch. It will be part of the park's next themed land, a Mexico/Aztec style area.

At the moment, only the track layout is complete. Riders board one of the five 12-person trains then experience a lift hill, followed by vertical drop, ground-hugging high-speed turns, bunnyhops, barrel rolls, a 60mph launch, corkscrews and a dive loop, whilst all the time racing/duelling against other trains on the circuit.

I was really happy with the ride layout, the racing/duelling elements and the pacing, but I was over the moon when the stats came out like this!! smile.gif

As always comments and criticism would be welcome! cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
eyeamthu1
post Nov 2 2006, 1:09 PM
Post #6

Right, I've had a number of things which have hindered progress (moving to Uni, rupturing the ligaments in my knee and needing an operation, etc etc), but here's an update for ya!

I've been focussing on the Aztec/Mexico themed area of the park, featuring the Maverick-inspired LSM Coaster:

The almost-complete ride has great stats too, (Excitement rating of 12.85, Ultra-Extreme - Intensity and Nausea are both good too - not too high). This ride is provisionally called Montezuma, and is themed to the King of the Aztecs.

The area's second major attraction is the tower ride:

I didn't want to build a 'standard' tower ride, and instead wanted to create a ride similar to the Intamin Drop Towers, where there are several independent sides to the tower, with different sides offering different experiences (sit-down, stand up etc). I used vertical drop coasters to create this ride, and whilst it doesn't mimic the real life Intamin towers exactly, it's at least a variety on the standard RCT Tower ride.

The area's final main attraction is an indoor special effects show / walkthrough:

In RCT, it's just a 3D Cinema, but it's meant to be a themed experience for guests, similar to Port Aventura's Templo Del Fuego, or IOA's Poseidon's Fury. The facade of the building is currently complete, but I haven't quite finished the back of it yet. Note also, the 'entrance' to the area, where guests will walk past a large waterfall. Correspondingly, guests walking the other way, into the Western-themed area, will pass under a suspension bridge.

And onto an overview of the area:

The area also features a Twist spinning ride, and will feature a few restaurants.

I've started finishing off the Splash Boats ride- more theming has been completed, and the landscaping of the mountain that the boats will travel around is in progress:

Finally, I thought you might like to see a complete overview of the park thusfar:

Any comments / criticism / suggestions etc would be most welcome; let me know what you think!

--------------------

+Quote Post
DragonGuardian
post Nov 2 2006, 7:32 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 1,185

Wow thats really good! I can't do things like that. What expansions will it need?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tomster
post Nov 2 2006, 7:45 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 2,426

That looks great, I like how the maverick style coaster keeps switching the type of track it has. It certainly makes it look better. Are you using any of the RCT2 Expansions for this park? Or just a lot of custom scenery?

smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DragonGuardian
post Nov 2 2006, 8:26 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,185

Definatly 8 cars going on there!

--------------------

+Quote Post
eyeamthu1
post Nov 2 2006, 9:55 PM
Post #10

Cheers for the comments. No expansion packs required - it's all custom scenery. I didn't like the expansion packs at all, and if you use them, the people that don't have them can't view your park - therefore, I don't use them. And yes, lots of hacking going on!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nexus
post Nov 3 2006, 7:18 PM
Post #11

Photographer
Group Icon

Group: Team Members
Member No.: 94

I'm not a mega huge RCT fan but What you have done there is starting to look absoloutley fantastic. Well done! I wish I had the time and patience to do things like that.

--------------------
Tom Bannister
ATA Site Photographer

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

+Quote Post
Haggath
post Nov 4 2006, 2:24 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 1,308

Amazing eyeamthu. Love your RCT2 parks biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
eyeamthu1
post Nov 22 2006, 2:25 PM
Post #13

As always, progress is quite slow - getting all the details in take ages, and I haven't had that much time recently. Nonetheless, update time.

I've added the Aztec area's final ride, a kiddie coaster:

The Aztec section's ride line-up is now complete: Montezuma (LSM Coaster), the Tower, the Temple 3D/Special Effects show, the Twist flat ride and the Kiddie coaster. I've finished the preliminary theming, so I'm moving onto other sections of the park now. I'll go back and tidy up the area and add in more details later on.

So an overview of the Aztec area - note the new restaurant overlooking the LSM coaster at the top of the screen:

The next area of the park I'm working on is the Haunted/Spooky area, perhaps to be named 'Dark Forest'. The area's main ride is an inverted coaster, which is a cross between Nemesis and Expedition Everest (if that makes any sense). Basically, I wanted a ground-hugging Nemesis-style inverted coaster, but RCT2 only allows you to go to -30ft ... therefore I had to build land upwards - ie. create a mountain, a la Expedition Everest!

Obviously the ride is very incomplete, but the above screen, and the overview one below, should give you an idea of what I'm trying to achieve:

The area will also feature a Haunted House style ride or dark ride and maybe a water ride.

Finally, this is more of a teaser than anything, but I plan on adding a set of duelling flyers later on. I've finished the layouts:

The ride has countless 'duel' points, as well as racing elements and good stats.

I've been thinking up of a theme for the ride, and don't want to go with the standard Dueling Dragons kind of theme. I was thinking two fighter-planes or something - kinda like an aerial dog-fight. So I was thinking the theme for the area may be military, which is pretty unique I guess. I've only seen one other park use this theme (Time Machine by X250)... anyone seen any others? I'm not quite sure how to pull the theme off, so if there are any other parks that have used it, I'd like a look! Should be a challenge though!

As always, all comments would be greatly appreciated smile.gif!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nexus
post Nov 22 2006, 7:29 PM
Post #14

Photographer
Group Icon

Group: Team Members
Member No.: 94

If only RCT parks could be magicly morphed into real parks, this little project would be the first place I would visit. Keep up the good work biggrin.gif

--------------------
Tom Bannister
ATA Site Photographer

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

+Quote Post
eyeamthu1
post Dec 22 2006, 5:24 PM
Post #15

Right, time for a mega update.

I've started a Military themed section, and its 'framework' is complete - I just have to finish off the buildings, add in the details etc. I'm actually pretty pleased with how it's come out - it kind of retains a military base feel, whilst not being too intimidating or feeling like a war-zone.

Here's an overview:

The duelling B&M Flyers:

I've built the layout of the area's interactive shoot 'em up ride.

Riders board a 'tank' and have to shoot their targets, whilst the opponent's tank, travelling alongside, is attempting to shoot their targets. This duelling element adds an extra competiveness, as riders travel across a bridge, through a military building, a swamp, a minefield, and a battleground.

Obviously, this ride is very incomplete and will require a great deal more theming - but you get the gist!

The military area's focal point is the lake:

There's an underwater submarine ride - which can be viewed by non-riders as they dine in the area's underwater restaurant. There's also an exciting lakeside stunt show - and a docked aircraft carrier, from which riders can board a plane taking them on a tour of the area.

The large building at the bottom of the screen is the area's Military Base HQ - but it contains the station/queue-line for the Plane-tour ride, and a load of special effects for the stunt show...

Another shot of the lake area:

So that just about wraps up the military area - the only attractions not properly shown on the screens are the Motion Simulators (in a large building by the shooting ride) and a Wave Swinger called Parachutes, just off the lake. If anyone has any suggestions for anymore attractions, let me know!

Onto the second half of my update - a new section, themed to rock & roll and music in general : Rock 'n Roll Plaza.

I've been wanting to do a rock-themed area for ages, and it's taken me a long time to think up of how I wanted to pull it off, and what attractions to put in. However, I've made a lot of progress, and again, have completed the framework of the area - I'm pretty happy with the result.

The entrance to Rock 'N Roll Plaza:

After leaving the military area of the park, guests are welcomed to Rock 'N Roll Plaza by a giant guitar. Lining the red carpet are flashing lights, and over-sized musical instruments - behind the piano is a large restaurant, Drumsticks Diner is contained within the drumkit, and in the guitar amp is the Rock Shop.

The main area of Rock N Roll Plaza is the Rock N Roll Midway, which is dominated by the park's tallest ride - an Intamin Rocket Coaster, provisionally called Overdrive:

I know the design of Overdrive is simplistic and fairly unoriginal, but I felt a straight-up, tall, fast and thrilling ride was all that was required, and fit the design of having a central midway. The station is contained within some guitar amps - riders are then launched up a 210ft tall top-hat, climbing up over the over-sized model guitar. The ride is completed with a plunge to earth, a bunnyhop, underground tunnel, and overbanked turn.

Inside the large building is an indoor family coaster - Rock N' Roll Express, an Arrow Mine Train - note the guitar model outside its entrance - complete with guitar lead attached to the Rocket Coaster's guitar amp station! To the right of the screen is an incomplete concert arena, where guests can see the park's own rock show, or if they're lucky, can see an actual rock artist perform! Towards the bottom of the screen are some flat rides - a Huss Giant Frisbee themed to a Discoball, a Screaming Swing called Flying V, and a Flying Saucers ride called Mosh Pit.

The flat rides:

The Mosh Pit flat ride is actually located inside a concert hall / restaurant - the Rock N Roll Plaza Theatre / Cafe Rock. Bands perform on stage - guest can enjoy the music from the balconies, or whilst eating in the diner, or waiting in line for Mosh Pit or even whilst riding Mosh Pit itself!

Also notice the guitar amps containing the rocket coaster's stations.

Again, there's obviously a lot of work to do, but I'm happy with how it's going at the moment. It took me a while to think up of attractions for this area - I may add in a 3D Cinema, but anymore suggestions would be welcomed.

Finally, an overview of the whole update;

[img]http://thumb0.webshots.net/t/20/20/0/4/59/2261004590047794720WlTSui_th.jpg[/img]

Any comments, suggestions, criticism etc would be greatly appreciated - thanks once again for viewing / reading!

--------------------

+Quote Post
The-Real-Nemesis
post Dec 23 2006, 12:27 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 2,513

This is absolutely amazing. The attention to detail is fantastic. The vehicles that you have made out of scenery as so realistic.

Breaking News: New Theme Park opens in America

Research earlier this afternoon found out that a new theme park
was opened in Central America today. According to many residents,
this is one of the best theme parks in the world next to the Six Flags
theme parks. With so many beautifully themed rides, this theme
park is suitable for all ages. Even older people can enjoy themselves.
The name and owner of the theme park has yet to be decided, but
will be decided in the near future.

--------------------
Yet another person trying to recreate Alton Towers

+Quote Post
eyeamthu1
post Feb 8 2007, 2:41 PM
Post #17

Update time - progress is pretty slow at the mo - I've had a lot on, but all the areas are coming along gradually.

China;
A shot of the area's last 3 attractions: a small kiddie coaster, a Chaos, and a Maurer Spinner.

One of the entrances into China - here you can see the B&M Floorless coaster, a Vekoma madhouse (enclosed), a flying carpet and the rapids ride:

Rock 'n' Roll Plaza;
The building which contains the area's (mostly) indoor coaster, the Rock'n'Roll Express, has been given a facelift.

An overview of Rock'n'Roll Plaza

Indoor Water park;
The indoor water park is now near completion. In this screen, you can see 2 rubber ring flumes, the masterblaster slide (and splash pool), a snack bar, a jacuzzi, the swimming pool and an incomplete water-play structure, with tipping bucket:

Here we see the Space-Bowl ride, 2 flumes, a kids' pool, an indoor rapids/lazy river ride and the Masterblaster, which travels round the perimeter of the water park:

And finally, at the risk of giving too much away / showing how much more there is left to do, here's an overview shot of the whole park:

Comments, as always, are much appreciated!

This post has been edited by eyeamthu1: Feb 8 2007, 2:41 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
crazedalton
post Feb 10 2007, 11:40 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 1,710

I think you might find out there is a job waiting for you when "The Legend" John Wardley has fully retired! lol It's a brilliant park! What ride did you use to create the vekoma madhouse ride?

+Quote Post
eyeamthu1
post Feb 11 2007, 1:34 AM
Post #19

Thanks for the comment -- the madhouse is just a Crooked House, enclosed in a building... but it's meant to be a Madhouse smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
eyeamthu1
post Apr 4 2007, 7:43 PM
Post #20

Update time!
> First things first - the park is tentatively titled 'Magic Realms Resort'. What is everyone's opinion on the name?

> Aztec Empire is the first of the 6 themed areas to be 100% completed. I am considering creating a website for the park, which will have info on all the rides, pictures, park map etc. Therefore, I have written a 'brochure' style spiel for Aztec Empire - included are the very latest screens ::

===============
AZTEC EMPIRE™
===============

The Aztecs have returned and are rebuilding their civilisation at Magic Realms Resort™! The spirit of Montezuma, King of the Aztecs, has summoned the ancient Toltec Gods, and together, they will wreak a terrible revenge on the world which brought down their empire. Dare you challenge them?

-----
Rides
-----
1. MONTEZUMA - King of the Aztecs™

Buzz rating:*****
Ride Type: Intamin LSM Multi-Element Coaster
The King of the Aztecs has returned and is exerting his power on those that challenge his civilisation – that’s you! Have you got the nerve to survive the King of all coasters – you’ll have to survive a beyond-vertical drop, five inversions, a 3G launch and a top speed of 60mph! Must be 1.4m tall to ride

2. ITZLI’S REVENGE™

Buzz Rating: *****
Ride Type: Intamin/Ride Trade Multi-Drop Tower
Itzli, the Aztec God of Sacrifice has been lying dormant for centuries, and is eagerly awaiting his next victims – and he’s got you in mind! Choose sit-down, stand-up or stand-up floorless seats, then be prepared to suffer the ultimate scare - an 80mph, 200ft tall plummet from the skies! Must be 1.4m tall to ride

3. Vengeance of Atlaua™

Buzz Rating: ***
Ride Type: Huss Topple Tower
The God of water has risen from the depths, and has conjured up a fire and fountain fuelled challenge for all adventurers. After spinning up a seemingly normal tower, hold on to your seats as it begins to topple over – just feet above fountains and flames!

4. The Serpent

Buzz Rating: ***
Ride Type: Vekoma Junior Coaster
Coiling its way through the Ancient Aztec city is a family fun coaster in the shape of a twisted serpent!

5. The Toltec Twister

Buzz Rating: **
Ride Type: Scrambler
Twist & turn, spin & swirl as the Toltec Gods showcase their sorcery!

-----
Shows
-----
1. The Temple of Talocan™

Warning: Contains strobe lighting, fog effects and loud noises – may not be suitable for some children.
Dare you enter the Home of the Aztec Gods – the mythical Talocan! In this action-packed experience, guests will be led through the ruined temple by an explorer guide, but be warned – the Temple is not as dormant as it seems! Culminating in a special-effects filled show, the Temple of Talocan™ is an attraction not to be missed!

-----
Food & Drink
-----
1. Temple Snackstop – Fast-food - Chips, chicken & drinks
2. Cactus Café – Sit-down Restaurant - Coffee, cookies & sandwiches
3. Aztec Express Pizza – Fast-food - Pizzas & drinks
4. Aztec Empire Restaurant – Sit-down Restaurant - Hot-dogs & juice

-----
Shopping
-----
1. Montezuma Shop – Souvenirs & on-ride photos
2. Itzli’s Revenge™ Shop - Souvenirs & on-ride photos
3. Aztec Artefacts – Aztec-themed collectables & souvenirs
4. Temple Treasures Shop – including Temple Of Talocan™ souvenirs

-----
Map
-----

=====

Right, that's it for this update.
Just to give you an idea on the overall progress; I have divided the park into 9 areas; the 6 themed zones, the hotel, water park and entrance/middle-section of the park. Here's how much I've done:
Aztec 100%
Frostbite Forest 95%
Wild West 65%
Military 70%
Rock'n'Roll 85%
China 65%
Waterpark 50%
Hotel 0%
Entrance/Middle area 0%
So still loads left to go, but gradually I should complete each themed zone, then move on to the 'resort' side of the project.

Let me know what you think of the update, plus if you like the proposed park name and website idea! Thanks!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2017 - 8:08 AM