Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Farm, bye bye?
cookiee_munster
post Jul 10 2010, 7:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 32

So, im usually not so ruthless. but what with space at the park slowly becoming sparse and new attractions having to replace the old, wouldn't it be a wise issue to use the land in the farm area to create a new land?

is the farm are actually used for agricultural means?

--------------------
Hush Your Lips, Or I Shall Cut Them Off, Place Them Upon Your Mother, And Kiss Her...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
meames
post Jul 10 2010, 8:11 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 11

I like the farm - its a nice little area, even more so that they have re-introduced some animals. Saying that I would like to see some money go into the area, a fresh lick of paint and get rid of the Bish Bash thingy and bring back the barn.

--------------------

-I was God Once
-Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everybody died

+Quote Post
jono2day
post Jul 11 2010, 2:50 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 957

Agreed. If Alton is to become the resort it claims to be it needs to offer a wide selection of activities, the farm being a good option to get away from the big rides. But as with everything, its not worth doing if it isn't done properly.

+Quote Post
PaulD
post Jul 12 2010, 8:49 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 14,896

I had a walk through a few weeks back.. only saw two animals - two giant rabbits.. if it's meant to be a farm there needs to be more animals and more going on..

+Quote Post
Minus
post Jul 12 2010, 9:00 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,042

For a themepark I guess a farm, in a way, is kind of a luxury accesory. We never made time for it when we went but it would be nice to have it if you were going to stay for a week.

It would be a shame. What about buying a field next door? Since all there is is fields around it.

+Quote Post
cookiee_munster
post Jul 12 2010, 10:23 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 32

QUOTE (Minus @ Jul 12 2010, 10:00 AM) *
For a themepark I guess a farm, in a way, is kind of a luxury accesory.

what? where on earth are you from? the city? seriously, for a ruralite like myself going to a theme park and seeing a farm is not a luxury item. lol. infact, its like looking out my window at home tongue.gif

i always think its a bit of a gamble with having animals at parks etc. what with the whole foot and mouth disaster back in 2001, that wasn't great. then we hop over the pond and have killer whales killing trainers. im not a fan of mental Health and Safety issues but i do think when it comes to animals, its always a risk.

sell the animals on and clear space for a new kids area for the park. the south east of the park is in dire need of improvement. its got no focus, no actual coherent theme. just very much a mish-mash of stuff.

--------------------
Hush Your Lips, Or I Shall Cut Them Off, Place Them Upon Your Mother, And Kiss Her...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2017 - 6:30 PM