Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Next Ride To Go?
DragonGuardian
post Jun 16 2009, 10:24 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,185

QUOTE (garyholc @ Feb 2 2009, 5:24 PM) *
As for the first two, Submission is awful, Enterprise is antique, which hardly cut it in the "modern" X-Sector!!!

Yeah but its centripetal force! Its too physicsy to leave X-Sector.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
coastermadab
post Jun 18 2009, 6:41 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 14,250

QUOTE (Air Dan @ May 3 2009, 4:30 PM) *
QUOTE (coastermadab @ May 2 2009, 5:16 PM) *
I love Submission too! This ride should not go. Remeber, a ride like Submission will never be manufactured again...

There's a reason for this. tongue.gif

Yeah, Chance Rides when bust the year Submission opened.

+Quote Post
Babylon
post Jun 19 2009, 12:28 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 25

Not sure what will be the next to go - I'm not sure rides even need to go right now, but some could really do with being added. The X-Sector was looking pretty sparse last time I was there. With no Blackhole any more, the big attraction is Oblivion (okay, so every area tends to have one big attraction and then some smaller rides). Submission, Enterprise? They're alright for small rides, but the entire area's just dead for me. I love Oblivion, but it's a short ride and doesn't seem like it's enough of an attraction for that entire area.

But if I had to guess at which ride would be the next to go... hrrrm, probably Blade. If they took out Submission, or Enterprise, the X-Sector would be way too empty - and would almost make me think Oblivion would be next on the list to get the chop - unless something rather grand was added in place. With the money spent on SW6 for 2010, that's not so likely for a few years.

This post has been edited by Babylon: Jun 19 2009, 12:29 AM

--------------------
Last Alton Towers Visit: September 20th - September 25th, 2009

+Quote Post
darkomangagirl
post Jun 19 2009, 4:25 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 1,332

I don't think it will be submission, but it would be nice. With the black hole still empty, that would left half of x-sector empty too.

In an ideal world, re-theme x sector, move enterprise to spinball, re-theme ug land to a spooky theme and re-locate Haunted House, which would mean Hex could stay, horar! And would give AT space to build a woodie....in the woods.

--------------------
'What's that, you want to kill everyone and make a pretty picture out of their body parts? Come with me, take these tablets. Let's play a game of cluedo.' 2nd yr MH nurse, UOM.

+Quote Post
altonjosh
post Aug 27 2009, 10:16 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 14,462

i think they should tear down the black hole tent and build a new vertical column drop tower, that is themed with the x sector. also i think they should not remove the flume, but make serious alterations to it. they should keep the station and the last drop in place, but take down the long boring bit through the trees, then possibly build a new ride there that is accessed from the back on the walk through to gloomy wood - maybe a smaller roller coaster aimed at families, that would add a new ride to gloomy wood as there is only one at the minute. then they should put a flat ride where ug swingers was, maybe a mondial top scan or possibly something smaller like a twister or a new huss breakdance. the next thing they should do is take down the blade and possibly get a small huss frisbee or something along those lines, or maybe even a new pirate ship. i don't think submission should be removed as it is not very old and it is still popular. by the time they would have completed all this then it would probably be about 2015, they would be getting ready for removing nemesis.

+Quote Post
BoringUsername
post Nov 2 2009, 12:11 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 8,182

QUOTE (altonjosh @ Aug 27 2009, 10:16 AM) *
i think they should tear down the black hole tent and build a new vertical column drop tower, that is themed with the x sector. also i think they should not remove the flume, but make serious alterations to it. they should keep the station and the last drop in place, but take down the long boring bit through the trees, then possibly build a new ride there that is accessed from the back on the walk through to gloomy wood - maybe a smaller roller coaster aimed at families, that would add a new ride to gloomy wood as there is only one at the minute. then they should put a flat ride where ug swingers was, maybe a mondial top scan or possibly something smaller like a twister or a new huss breakdance. the next thing they should do is take down the blade and possibly get a small huss frisbee or something along those lines, or maybe even a new pirate ship. i don't think submission should be removed as it is not very old and it is still popular. by the time they would have completed all this then it would probably be about 2015, they would be getting ready for removing nemesis.

Remove Nemesis?
Never!

+Quote Post
darkomangagirl
post Nov 3 2009, 3:17 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 1,332

Regarding Submission's popularity. it was operating with one car/side all day on Saturday, which had 30,000 visitors. If people liked it that much, it would of been running to full capacity. When I went on Enterprise there was a 35min wait. Submission was 10.

--------------------
'What's that, you want to kill everyone and make a pretty picture out of their body parts? Come with me, take these tablets. Let's play a game of cluedo.' 2nd yr MH nurse, UOM.

+Quote Post
hex
post Nov 3 2009, 10:11 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 1,842

I love Submission, they should keep it just for me smile.gif

For some reason nowadays Enterprise makes me feel ill all of a sudden sad.gif I still enjoy going on it though!

tongue.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (Rollercoaster Tycoon @ Jun 24 2007, 6:24 PM) *
I am willing to turn a blind eye to poor safety regimes as long as they get the theming right. In Six Flags, we get neither.

+Quote Post
NemesisX
post Dec 19 2009, 2:15 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 5,203

i was maybe thinking of the beastie in adventureland. That could use some ride improvements... what do you think?

--------------------
AltonTowersNerd

+Quote Post
andy talocanham
post Dec 19 2009, 6:30 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 1,363

QUOTE (NemesisX @ Dec 19 2009, 2:15 PM) *
i was maybe thinking of the beastie in adventureland. That could use some ride improvements... what do you think?

Maybe, although i love that ride, manual brake, always makes me smile, although a little painful on the knees

--------------------

Rita: The Ultimate Ride for people who cant go on Stealth

+Quote Post
Whataday
post Jan 9 2010, 4:03 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 336

I think that Duel should somehow be rethemed as part of Forbidden Valley, or get rid of it altogether and develop a new haunted house near Thirteen.

+Quote Post
Zac
post Aug 10 2010, 4:24 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 14,930

QUOTE (altonjosh @ Aug 27 2009, 11:16 AM) *
they would be getting ready for removing nemesis.

If they removed Nemesis it would kill the towers crying.gif
Thank God it'l never happen!

+Quote Post
DragonGuardian
post Aug 12 2010, 10:40 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 1,185

I've heard Nemesis will probably go soon. Makes sense tbh, it's getting old and doesn't fit the family theme the park is going for these days. Get your rides in now before its too late.

--------------------

+Quote Post
boroboyWally
post Sep 19 2010, 4:14 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 14,959

Flume should be scarp but only to be replaced by a new shorter but bigger one theres some space for a ride. blade or submission shouldnt go untill blackhole area has somin there excl.gif anyone agree rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by boroboyWally: Sep 19 2010, 4:15 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2017 - 4:29 PM