2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Retheming Forbidden Valley
randomjdd91
post Dec 25 2007, 9:41 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,215

I think what the person who said about expanding into the carpark is brill. i have been on some pretty busy days and when on the last turn on air the car park is basically disused. sometimes see cars on there. it is a good idea and then what the person said about a flat ride themed like a saw a kaos (i cant spell by the way) would be very good. and if needs be make part of the car park multi story. mind you its kinda annoying how expecive its getting though. dont you think. i know that it is to pay for new rides but still. expantion and a kaos nxt me thinks. or the park will burn down becoz of them stupid people who keep taking them to court. i mean if you dont like the noise either live with it or dont live near a theme park. personally i would move into their hose asap. it would be brill living there. rolleyes.gif dry.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
formula1fan
post Dec 25 2007, 10:02 PM
Post #22

From: 280 miles from Alton Towers, 232 miles from Thorpe Park
Member No.: 3,977

I have to agree with you, randomjdd91. The Ropers are the ones who continuously try to disrupt Alton Towers and its running, and i think that they are complete pillocks for wasting the time of the Crown Prosecution Service with their petty arguments, such as 'It's too noisy at Alton Towers, shut them down'. Okay, maybe I made that one up, but they really annoy me. I agree with you saying 'i mean if you dont like the noise either live with it or dont live near a theme park.', because we all know that we can't always get our own way in life, and I personally feel that the Ropers are selfish, arrogant people who hate theme parks and want to annoy the owners and visitors as much as possible. And, yes, if they moved house, I would try and buy their house straight away. If I had the money to do so! I mean, come on, what could possibly be better than having a world-famous theme park a couple of minutes down the road?

And I also think that expanding Forbidden Valley into the car park near Air would be a great idea, because it could allow Air to form the base block for a totally new area.

Oh, and welcome to the forum by the way. smile.gif

--------------------
"They say that the Olympics will rekindle English National pride, but for 9.6billion you could have written 'Eff off Germany' on the moon." Frankie Boyle on the topic of sport

+Quote Post
Hex Legend of th...
post Dec 25 2007, 10:39 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 5,903

This shows is the car parking area that could be used:

click

Observe the field just north. I think this could be landscaped and turned into a new car park which solves any problems about spaces.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cookiee_munster
post Dec 26 2007, 6:03 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 32

the carpark just below the one youve pointed out, the one next to the splash landings resort should have some sort of amphitheatre built on there. then, that way the towers can lease it out for events and then have shows there in the evenings during the autumn/winter period, without having to use fireworks etc or stuff thats too loud (avoiding noise complaints) PLUS, its next to the carparks, so its easier for guests to leave after the show.

--------------------
Hush Your Lips, Or I Shall Cut Them Off, Place Them Upon Your Mother, And Kiss Her...

+Quote Post
PaulMorgster
post Dec 26 2007, 6:10 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 21

The car park lower south near air has had temporary stages built for events like the Christian concert etc.
The field north does actually have car park letter markers, as in the past they have been used for extra parking when it is busy for fireworks.

--------------------
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurios pronsite of 'hot XXX galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning,
And my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour.
"Tis not possible!", I muttered, "give me back my free hardcore!"
Quoth the Server,

+Quote Post
randomjdd91
post Dec 27 2007, 8:18 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 10,215

hank you for welcoming me, and i do think i have seen them letter markers before hand. and i think we all agree that the ropers should move. omg what if they are some of the people on her in this forum. arr wat the hell.

+Quote Post
JCD
post Mar 26 2008, 9:26 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 12,782

QUOTE (Rollercoaster Tycoon @ Dec 5 2007, 05:49 PM) *
I think they should try and turn the whole area into a space-themed zone and mix FV with XS (move Submission and Enterprise if necessary). Then use the space in XS for a retheme to a jungle, where Oblivion could be used more eloquently.

I think XS and FV are perfectly great. If you want to talk jungles then retheme Ug Land. Cover the Ug Swinger w/ leaves and bushes around it and a new coat of paint. If Rita were painted green, it called be called the 'Rattlesnake' and I would go from there.

+Quote Post
Rollercoaster Ty...
post Apr 6 2008, 9:32 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 1,809

Rita deffo needs a retheme, and we need a Perilous Plunge, a useful flat ride, and a dark ride to complete the set. It should be the area of the the park to get the most attention, after X Sector.

As for FV, well visitor numbers are dwindling in that section of the park, and will continue to dwindle now the skyride has become FUBAR. AIR is not sufficient as a standalone coaster, and Nemesis cannot take enough hourly throughput for my liking (i maintain that it can run 3 times at once), so there's no point advertising a park/resort by highlighting Nemmy's 2 hr queues. rolleyes.gif

The theming needs to be tied around AIR from now on. The coaster itself as I said is underwhelming, but if FV became Forbidden Oasis (forbidden only because Nemmy was unearthed nearby) then a more useful theming structure could be developed in the future. Flat rides and possibly a water ride of some kind (adjacent to the valleys) could be merrily added with the minimum of effort.

At the moment, all we are going to get from the putrid Customer Council is a piece of schrapnel sticking up from the earth, with a loose theming of 'hey look, Nemmy caused that!". rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Crispy
post Apr 6 2008, 10:03 PM
Post #29

Senior Editor
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Rollercoaster Tycoon @ Apr 6 2008, 10:32 PM) *
Nemesis cannot take enough hourly throughput for my liking (i maintain that it can run 3 times at once), so there's no point advertising a park/resort by highlighting Nemmy's 2 hr queues. rolleyes.gif

I presume you meant to say 3 trains at once? I don't honestly think it would make much of an improvement, the trains often stack up as it is. A train can't be despatched from the station until the preceeding train has cleared the top of the vertical loop, otherwise it'd have to stop on the lift, but it's not very often the trains are turned around this quickly in the station, and the preceeding train is usually into the brake run or waiting on the transfer by the time a train is despatched. The only way I could see 3 train operation making a tangible improvement to throughput would be if there was seperate onload and offload stations - which I don't think there's room for, even if it did make a difference.

Of course even rarer than quickly despatched trains are these 2hr queues you seem to speak of tongue.gif

I'm not blaming Towers staff here by the way, it's the public factor that slow things down, milling around the baggage cages, trying to work out how the restraints work, etc.

+Quote Post
Richard
post Apr 7 2008, 8:43 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 675

Nemesis doesn't have enough blocks on the track for 3 trains =/. You need a MCBR for that. More trains wouldn't increase the throughput, it'll probably slow it down. Unless the entire ride layout was redesigned =/ which is stupid.

Air only has 3 trains due to it's 2 stations, but thats only because loading times were significantly longer due to it being new technology, they didn't wanna take risks. And for the same reason you have 2 balls and 2 eyes...if one breaks, you've always got another. It's also a fantastic ride, that could eaily stand on it's own. The public love it and it always has a decent queue.

The FB has an awesome theme and it IS getting spruced up all the time, people here are just too far up their own anuses to notice. It works well and really isn't worth the effort changing.

I was also impressed with efforts in the X-Sector when i visited on thursday. Theres new sound effects (more rumbling and distant screams), it isn't the strongest area and it does need a lick of paint. But that'll come in due course I hope.

--------------------

+Quote Post
formula1fan
post Apr 7 2008, 9:27 PM
Post #31

From: 280 miles from Alton Towers, 232 miles from Thorpe Park
Member No.: 3,977

GRRR!!!! RCT, your attitude is starting to really get on my nerves. Plus, what on earth do you mean by:

At the moment, all we are going to get from the putrid Customer Council is a piece of schrapnel sticking up from the earth, with a loose theming of 'hey look, Nemmy caused that!".

unsure.gif I thought you were the one that said you wished that you were on the Customer Council, and now you're criticising it! Make your mind up!

--------------------
"They say that the Olympics will rekindle English National pride, but for 9.6billion you could have written 'Eff off Germany' on the moon." Frankie Boyle on the topic of sport

+Quote Post
Rollercoaster Ty...
post Apr 12 2008, 11:15 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 1,809

Possibly the customer council could have been enhanced with me on board? Maybe that's why I am still bitter.

Without me, all AT will get in the next few years is nonsensical stuff like Mutiny Bay. I may not have had money, but my original ideas on ride concepts and theming could have secured Alton Towers a glorious future.

+Quote Post
lee
post Apr 20 2008, 8:42 PM
Post #33

Group: Banned
Member No.: 12,837

QUOTE (Rollercoaster Tycoon @ Dec 5 2007, 05:05 PM) *
I wonder if it is possible to retheme Forbidden Valley in some way, which does not require any modifying of the actual Nemesis legend itself?

It is very hard to sufficiently add rides in Forbidden Valley at the moment because it doesnt fit in with the Nemesis legend, so maybe it is time to change things a little, and start basing future rides around AIR instead?

I wouldnt think of changing it. whats the point. its got enough rides for its area

+Quote Post
Alton madman
post Jul 27 2010, 11:13 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 14,918

QUOTE (Katie @ Dec 5 2007, 6:06 PM) *
Forbidden Valley should definitely not be rethemed. I love the atmosphere and visual theming, IMO the best in the park. Why mess with the areas that work when there's blatantly other areas screaming out for some rejigging (cough...X Sector)?

Katie

x-sector is ancient alton needs to do something

+Quote Post
boroboyWally
post Sep 20 2010, 1:16 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 14,959

I dont know why people are bothered about this because alton towers is hte themed place in the uk and is high up world wide wacko.gif

Rita deffo needs a retheme, and we need a Perilous Plunge, a useful flat ride, and a dark ride to complete the set. It should be the area of the the park to get the most attention, after X Sector.

As for FV, well visitor numbers are dwindling in that section of the park, and will continue to dwindle now the skyride has become FUBAR. AIR is not sufficient as a standalone coaster, and Nemesis cannot take enough hourly throughput for my liking (i maintain that it can run 3 times at once), so there's no point advertising a park/resort by highlighting Nemmy's 2 hr queues. rolleyes.gif

The theming needs to be tied around AIR from now on. The coaster itself as I said is underwhelming, but if FV became Forbidden Oasis (forbidden only because Nemmy was unearthed nearby) then a more useful theming structure could be developed in the future. Flat rides and possibly a water ride of some kind (adjacent to the valleys) could be merrily added with the minimum of effort.

At the moment, all we are going to get from the putrid Customer Council is a piece of schrapnel sticking up from the earth, with a loose theming of 'hey look, Nemmy caused that!". rolleyes.gif

Ithink fv moto should be let the battle comense because of the batle beteen air and nemesis but ye there should be a new ride near air excl.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2017 - 8:47 AM