4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Scale Working Model Of Nemesis, Building a scale working model of Nemesis
coaster-inc
post Apr 2 2009, 10:05 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 930

Hello to all at towers almanac ... I have been told me so much about it that I thought I would also contribute to the community with my model of nemesis that I am making.

Now, seeing as I wasn't really sure of which group to put this in, I thought this would be the best suited for it, if I'm wrong I do apologise in advance.

So, back in April, it was my 21st and I wanted to make nemesis, as it is the best ride there and so complicated that no one else has ever thought to try and make it. As a present for the 21st, I got 1 coaster dynamix kit which basically wasn't anywhere near enough to make it so had to go out and buy another...

It's been 3 months now with the sets and over this period of time, these pics show how slow the progress is with these types of things:-

Now all of those pics are actually of the past which was more of a trial run with the sets, seeing how things could work out and which ended up being fairly wrong... so after reworking it, I came up with the no correct solution which is better shown in these vids, the first is of the old layout just so u could see what it was like before the change, then the other 2 are taster vids of the new layout...

Hope you all enjoy the work done so far, and I will keep you updated on the progress as it happens.

indeed, but itll be worth it...

and, UPDATE!

started painting today, just the supports and track undercoat of black, a mate of mine will be doing the rusting on the supports and the track...

there are more pics to post after this...

TEASER VID UP!!!

This post has been edited by coaster-inc: Apr 2 2009, 4:58 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
meames
post Apr 2 2009, 12:08 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 11

One word dude......frickin awesome! (damn it never could count!)

--------------------

-I was God Once
-Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everybody died

+Quote Post
Alex
post Apr 2 2009, 12:12 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 238

Impressive biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
coaster-inc
post Apr 2 2009, 12:47 PM
Post #4

OVERVIEW!

VIDEOS!

TRACK COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

today, i worked hard and got the track complete...

the over-bank needs supports but now have none left, and the last turn doesn't work, the train cant make it back to the station which is a shame at the mo, i think it is due to the sagginess in the over-bank taking all the speed, but i think wen supported, it will be fine...

After god knows how long of not working, i managed to get it to get all the way round and back to the brake run today... there was 1 join that was slowing the train down so much that it was never gonna work till that was sorted, which i did today, superglue and a soldering iron helped a great deal lol... but yeah, its now got round, but i think i need to lower the station some what... not sure how best to though, coz it'll mess up other things.. however iv been working on it today, and have worked out how not to alter the height of the station. by increasing the top of the lift by say 4" or so, it now allows the car to effortlessly get back to a slightly lowered brake run which when going into the station will still leave enough room for the car to pass. i will need to do some work on the station openings to be more accommodating to the trains and be a better fit, then i will also rework the pre-drop, sweep and straight at the top to be smoothed out to match the increase of height.

+Quote Post
Dan
post Apr 2 2009, 4:56 PM
Post #5

Web Developer
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 12

Incredible! smile.gif Although minus 5 cool points for starting your post with "hello to all at towers nerd". tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
hex
post Apr 2 2009, 8:30 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,842

Looks awesome!
Just wondering, where did you buy the Coaster Dynamix kits from?
Off their website?

--------------------
QUOTE (Rollercoaster Tycoon @ Jun 24 2007, 6:24 PM) *
I am willing to turn a blind eye to poor safety regimes as long as they get the theming right. In Six Flags, we get neither.

+Quote Post
Trev
post Apr 2 2009, 9:48 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 258

That's pretty sweet.

Are you going to make the lake as well?

+Quote Post
coaster-inc
post Apr 3 2009, 9:33 AM
Post #8

HEX : No, not from their site as they only ship to the US... there was a shop down in london that i got told about by a mate coz he bought the lesser wooden coaster from them, and they only have the original Scorpion model for sale, 150, which iv used 2 of lol.... there are many more packs available like individual connectors in expension packs or the larger Dragon set but most of which are not available in the uk sad.gif...

TREV: yes i will be doing all the land mass, waterfalls, rocks, grass, trees, (lighting if i get around to it) everything will be as close as possable to the real thing, i mean obviosly when i started building it i didnt have decent plans and everything so its almost impossable to make 100% accurate, plus you cant scale down speed and gravity lol...

+Quote Post
Dyce3
post Apr 4 2009, 11:59 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,003

That is an awesome ride smile.gif. I can't wait till the completed ride is shown biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Rollercoasters4L...
post Apr 5 2009, 1:48 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 1,274

Wow man, that must of taken you ages! Its so cool. I wish I had the time, money and patients to do something like this - Kudos to you for doing it. I can't wait till you have fully finished it! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gem
post Apr 5 2009, 8:33 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 194

That is pretty amazing. smile.gif

My question is: where are you building it? At first I thought it was up in a loft, but then I'm sure in one of the later pictures I can see daylight...

--------------------

They'll never rest until they've spoiled the earth. - Fiver, Watership Down.

+Quote Post
cookiee_munster
post Apr 5 2009, 11:40 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 32

i think its in his loft, juts that it hasnt had its roof put on yet... am i right???

--------------------
Hush Your Lips, Or I Shall Cut Them Off, Place Them Upon Your Mother, And Kiss Her...

+Quote Post
Sawyer
post Apr 6 2009, 12:37 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 633

This is so incredible. I'm truly gob smacked.

--------------------

+Quote Post
coaster-inc
post Apr 8 2009, 8:29 PM
Post #14

thanks for all the nice comments smile.gif and yes it is in the loft, there is a roof, its just been floor boarded put but i decided to hav the blue plastic holding the fiberglass back... makes it look like sky hehe...

+Quote Post
D4n
post Apr 9 2009, 12:28 PM
Post #15

Formerly 'AirRules'

Member No.: 11,249

Wow! Awesome. Is there any chance of you recreating any other rides in the near future! smile.gif

+Quote Post
cookiee_munster
post Apr 9 2009, 1:45 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 32

QUOTE (coaster-inc @ Apr 8 2009, 9:29 PM) *
thanks for all the nice comments smile.gif and yes it is in the loft, there is a roof, its just been floor boarded put but i decided to hav the blue plastic holding the fiberglass back... makes it look like sky hehe...

and the fact that fibre glass is EVIL!

--------------------
Hush Your Lips, Or I Shall Cut Them Off, Place Them Upon Your Mother, And Kiss Her...

+Quote Post
coaster-inc
post Apr 9 2009, 6:30 PM
Post #17

yes, it is very evil lol.... and near no, future, maybe... thinking of doing air, connecting them togehere

This post has been edited by coaster-inc: Apr 9 2009, 6:31 PM

+Quote Post
coaster-inc
post Apr 16 2009, 8:29 AM
Post #18

morning people! just tried out my new camera, seeing as old one got broke (nice birthday present that was!) anyways, got a completed track overview and an overview video as well for your enjoyment. As you can see the lift is now in place and the track is all completed, but there are some tweaks that need to be done before its fully working, mainly getting the lift to work which I'm having a little trouble with sad.gif... once i have completed that, it will be much easier to get a proper teaser video like my previous one as i will be able to run it by itself and i can move around taking the camera into new places and creating some thing good i hope lol... so yeah, that's it so far, few more tweaks and it will be complete and i can start working on all the scenery and landscaping which will make me go a bit wacko.gif hehe

+Quote Post
DragonGuardian
post Apr 16 2009, 9:39 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 1,185

That is epic.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Minus