21 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Que?, *dullness*
cookiee_munster
post Nov 3 2009, 6:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 32

Seriously... where the heck is everyone???

i haven't been around here as much as i used to be compared to back in the day. But after coming back the place seems as dull as dishwater??? where's all the drama? i feel like trying to get myself partially suspended on here just to make things a bit more colourful... even then, id probably offend one person, that person being a mod. lol

where are all you fun guys!?!? come back!!!

--------------------
Hush Your Lips, Or I Shall Cut Them Off, Place Them Upon Your Mother, And Kiss Her...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snake
post Nov 3 2009, 8:24 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 34

What do you expect.... Its the close season tongue.gif

--------------------
Richard Nicholls
ATA Member
Alton Towers Database

+Quote Post
darkomangagirl
post Nov 3 2009, 8:38 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,332

Lol, I'm far too busy trying to not kill people by overdosing them on anti-psychotics, so there tongue.gif

--------------------
'What's that, you want to kill everyone and make a pretty picture out of their body parts? Come with me, take these tablets. Let's play a game of cluedo.' 2nd yr MH nurse, UOM.

+Quote Post
cookiee_munster
post Nov 3 2009, 9:41 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 32

just over 30 people have looked at this thread...

sometimes i just think people on here are too scared to voice their own opinions about things incase they get shot down. i know how dry/quick fired the folk here can be...

--------------------
Hush Your Lips, Or I Shall Cut Them Off, Place Them Upon Your Mother, And Kiss Her...

+Quote Post
Jayne
post Nov 3 2009, 9:55 PM
Post #5

Editor
Group Icon

Group: Team Members
Member No.: 761

Trying to stir things up hey Cookie?!

I think things will get more perky once more stuff gets revealed about SW6... names, theming being put in, etc. And when we get more solid info rather than rumour. I think some people become frustrated by how much rumour gets bandied around with new coasters, many of them being utter ridiculous. Hence many would rather not voice an opinion as it'll just get shot down or be seen as pretentious.

That, plus so many people have been juggling end season madness with normality and illness that ATA gets swept under the carpet. Maybe.

+Quote Post
hex
post Nov 3 2009, 10:09 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,842

I have noticed that posts and members being logged in has declined by a huge amount than when I signed up a few years ago. There used to be loads of posts every day, I think it's a shame really.

A lot of members who used to be regular posters are hardly ever around anymore. I guess that they probably are busy with other things. sad.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (Rollercoaster Tycoon @ Jun 24 2007, 6:24 PM) *
I am willing to turn a blind eye to poor safety regimes as long as they get the theming right. In Six Flags, we get neither.

+Quote Post
Inverted Reality
post Nov 3 2009, 11:10 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 85

QUOTE (cookiee_munster @ Nov 3 2009, 9:41 PM) *

sometimes i just think people on here are too scared to voice their own opinions about things incase they get shot down. i know how dry/quick fired the folk here can be...

Its like I was saying when we talked about this on msn (which kinda proves my point), a large number of the people on ATA also talk on MSN, Facebook, Twitter etc, and I think that that has meant this part of the forum at least is quieter now than it used to be.

--------------------
I'm on iTunes!! as well as Amazon, emusic, ilike, immergent, last.fm, MOG, myspace, napster, and rhapsody.

+Quote Post
jono2day
post Nov 4 2009, 12:57 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 957

I know what you guys mean - I know im not a regular-regular poster, but you get to hear my 2 pence worth every so often.
I dont post unless I have a point to make (Apart from this one...), whether thats due to me not wanting to clog up the forum or fear of the response for others - the 2nd shouldnt be an excuse I know, but at times I feel Im not the only one whos a bit hesitent!

You know what - AT should do something exciting to get us speculating/posting like crazy. BRING US AN SW6 STORYLINE TREASURE HUNT! Its their fault.

Bring back controversial marketing. Bring back the Ropers. Bring back Rollercoaster Tycoon!

+Quote Post
DragonGuardian
post Nov 4 2009, 1:58 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,185

All the trolls are dead. And the hunter is nothing without the hunt.

This post has been edited by DragonGuardian: Nov 4 2009, 2:48 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Luke
post Nov 4 2009, 3:25 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 75

It is quieter nowadays, but to be fair it's been like this since 2005/2006. I don't know whether there's much that can be done, the team do a great job in updating the site and keeping the forums looking fresh. I suppose it's just the fact that TTF is doing so well - before it was made in 2003 ATA was very popular, and its popularity has just declined over the years. It's a shame, because a site as good as ATA deserves to have a thriving forum like it once used to have!

+Quote Post
Zippy
post Nov 4 2009, 5:05 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 18

I believe that it's just down to the lack of any real community on here nowdays. It's not necessarily a bad thing, there are pros and cons to being a more serious forum, but It's not what alot of people what. I've been here (on and off) for nearly ten years, and there is so much more choice than there ever use to be.

The fanbase for coaster geekdom as a whole is the largest it's ever been, and the trend seems to be towards those sites who are more community focused, e.g CF, TP Guide and TTF. Sites like ATA and Rideas who aim to be more grown up have suffered in terms of membership and activity.

I think the change is here to stay, and us oldies we'll just have to adapt to a slower pace of life. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
hex
post Nov 4 2009, 7:13 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 1,842

QUOTE (jono2day @ Nov 4 2009, 12:57 PM) *
Bring back Rollercoaster Tycoon!

If you mean the member then that would be great, his comments used to make me laugh smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (Rollercoaster Tycoon @ Jun 24 2007, 6:24 PM) *
I am willing to turn a blind eye to poor safety regimes as long as they get the theming right. In Six Flags, we get neither.

+Quote Post
DragonGuardian
post Nov 4 2009, 7:51 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 1,185

This thread says it all really.
"Well chaps its about high time we do something exciting!"
Raid on TTF? I recall that was quite fun a few years ago. Got me a temp ban though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jono2day
post Nov 5 2009, 12:09 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 957

QUOTE (hex @ Nov 4 2009, 7:13 PM) *
QUOTE (jono2day @ Nov 4 2009, 12:57 PM) *
Bring back Rollercoaster Tycoon!

If you mean the member then that would be great, his comments used to make me laugh smile.gif

Ultimate forum member. At the very least he brought everyone together for reasons those who were on the forum at the time will completely understand...

+Quote Post
Inverted Reality
post Nov 5 2009, 1:55 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 85

And Zippy is too nice to people these days, what's up with that?! Gone soft in your old age?? *poke*

Love you really Ste, don't hurt me!

This post has been edited by Inverted Reality: Nov 5 2009, 1:55 AM

--------------------
I'm on iTunes!! as well as Amazon, emusic, ilike, immergent, last.fm, MOG, myspace, napster, and rhapsody.

+Quote Post
Zippy
post Nov 5 2009, 8:54 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Not soft at all, just decided to put a cap on my personality as It seemed to annoy more people than it amused. sad.gif

+Quote Post
John R
post Nov 5 2009, 3:35 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 4

In my opinion, the think that drove me away from ehre was pointless threads, 12 year olds coming on and ranting and just general arguing. names spring to mind but im not gonna flame smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zippy
post Nov 5 2009, 3:42 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

QUOTE (John R @ Nov 5 2009, 3:35 PM) *

In my opinion, the think that drove me away from ehre was pointless threads, 12 year olds coming on and ranting and just general arguing. names spring to mind but im not gonna flame smile.gif

I don't think it was ever that bad, and I'd rather have some pretty daft/pointless/immature topics than none at all.

+Quote Post
KatieAlmighty
post Nov 5 2009, 5:32 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 14,269

ive been on ATA for a while now, but the reason i dont really post much is im worried about what people will think...

stupid really

unsure.gif

+Quote Post
darkomangagirl
post Nov 5 2009, 7:31 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 1,332

I don't really care what a lot of people think. i have had many arguments on here, and I've come to realise that people are far different behind a computer or keyboard than in real life. I used to hate John Thorp for example. However I find him hilarious in real life.

Amongst other things, like trying to run a house, do a full time uni course, plus placement work, plus bank work. (That's just my reasons for less activity). The majority of posts are either really crap, and about nothing meaningful of full blown attacks on one user. See really you've actually succeeded tongue.gif

Plus I catch up with most ATAers I know and can stand on facebook too. Oh and at NY's tongue.gif That's true geekdom that is, where are you at NY's? Not at Gem's House at ATH no doubt!! tongue.gif *laughs and points, you know who you are!

--------------------
'What's that, you want to kill everyone and make a pretty picture out of their body parts? Come with me, take these tablets. Let's play a game of cluedo.' 2nd yr MH nurse, UOM.

+Quote Post

21 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2017 - 10:15 AM