Reply to this topicStart new topic
Apple iPhone 4G......Farse
John R
post Apr 20 2010, 11:27 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 4

Hey guys, as we all know i HATE anything done by apple, all the things sold are just overprices fashion accessories...... SO, now this comes around,

"Man finds new iphone when prototype tester "leaves it" in a bar because hes drunk" It THEN gets handed to Gizmodo - one of youtubes biggest gadget testers/reviewers and then he is "happy" to send it back even though on the site they have dismembered it and done a huge review of it.

MASSIVE PUBLICITY STUNT

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
meames
post Apr 20 2010, 12:43 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 11

Here here - cannot see why people get so excited over Apple. We have a guy in the office who is exactly the same, Apple brings out a new product and the wallet opens!

If this really was lost and then found I would hope Apple sue the site for criminal damage smile.gif

--------------------

-I was God Once
-Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everybody died

+Quote Post
Tom C
post Apr 20 2010, 1:36 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Technical
Member No.: 330

Um, Apple stuff actually works..

--------------------
ATA Team Member

+Quote Post
emdotdee
post Apr 20 2010, 2:24 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 14,655

You hate Apple so much you have to bitch and moan about it on a forum, how sad.

+Quote Post
garyholc
post Apr 20 2010, 2:51 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 870

QUOTE (emdotdee @ Apr 20 2010, 3:24 PM) *
You hate Apple so much you have to bitch and moan about it on a forum, how sad.

If people want to bitch and moan then thats their right. It is a discussion forum after all.

I'm not sure this is a publicity stunt. Why would Apple want to leave a prototype model in a bar on purpose? People already know a new iPhone is coming out this summer, and they killed the phone before it could even be used so its not as if anyone is getting any exciting glimpse into the OS before launch. I think may have actually been a genuine mistake by someone in Apple. Who knows!!

With regards Apple stuff works, i'm thinking of getting this new iPhone when my contract runs out this June, however, i've heard a few people having a lot of problem with them in terms of battery life and reliability with them breaking down. If anyone here has an iPhone, what have your experiences been with them in this regard?

+Quote Post
emdotdee
post Apr 20 2010, 6:39 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 14,655

I didn't say that he couldn't bitch and moan :-)

I also don't believe that this is some kind of controlled leak.

I have had an iPhone 3G since launch (so over 1 1/2 years i think) and its always worked perfectly, has never been in a case and is in still in great condition. I use it for music, quick browsing and puzzle games all day and the battery lasts me a whole day. I nearly always plug it in overnight (gets about 6 hours) and I spend a lot of time at my iMac so it's plugged in a lot anyway keeping synced and charged.

+Quote Post
phi11ip
post Apr 20 2010, 9:39 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 23

As much as I hate Apple, (various reasons - mainly trying to eliminate all competition instead of using it to push things forward.) I'm not sure if it's a fake.

Apple never, ever seem to do stuff like this and they already know that just one update of the OS will get front page on BBC news, why do this? The iPad was getting stories left, right and center before it was even announced!

Gizmodo also reportedly paid $5k for the phone. All it takes is for someone clever to find the phone and know what to do with it, as they must have done, and they can make a few bucks.

...but then why didn't Apple threaten to sue the pants off of Gizmodo for handling stolen goods and breaking the news like this? That's because they're not stupid to take on a website that could influence hundreds of thousands of people if they were to be angered. An angry Gizmodo could happily rate all Apple products 4-5 out of 10 for the rest of time and that would definately not be good marketing!

Simples? I think so!

+Quote Post
darktiger
post Apr 21 2010, 10:51 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 3,142

Simply put.... The iPhone found at the bar was a very 'close to the end product' and is very likely to be the real deal talked about on website such as Gizmodo, TUAW and Engadget etc. Apple also sent a Formal request to get the unit back and Gizmodo happily did give it back to Apple upon receiving the Formal letter (just for proof of it being a real Apple prototype).

The iPhone had specs higher than that of any iPhone up to date and these also match the rumoured specs of the latest iPhone (4g) to be announced in June.

+Quote Post
Fruit Corner
post Apr 22 2010, 8:19 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 14,633

It's only a matter of time until the less prestigious networks start offering the 3G and 3GS in their frontline retailers....paving the way for the 4G to be exclusive to the larger networks.

Another Apple rip off exclusivity deal, that only benefits Apple.
I love their products, but their business is unethical to the core...

+Quote Post
Inverted Reality
post Apr 23 2010, 5:37 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 85

QUOTE (Fruit Corner @ Apr 22 2010, 9:19 AM) *
Another Apple rip off exclusivity deal, that only benefits Apple.
I love their products, but their business is unethical to the core...

ohmy.gif

I think the 4G looks ok, not amazing though. I will get it when it comes to upgrade my 3Gs but I wont be selling my current one early or anything like that.

This post has been edited by Inverted Reality: Apr 23 2010, 5:39 PM

--------------------
I'm on iTunes!! as well as Amazon, emusic, ilike, immergent, last.fm, MOG, myspace, napster, and rhapsody.

+Quote Post
Inaudible-Whispe...
post Apr 23 2010, 11:46 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 8

Yeah, I don't see how this works well as a publicity stunt at all. They've already blown their software load with the unveiling of iPhone OS 4.0 this month, so come summer when they have to unveil the device it's just going to be slightly awkward and embarrassing if it looks the same and they have nothing new to show. A leak benefits them in no way, and it isn't typical of the company.

I'm not really a fan of Apple, but I don't see what is overpriced about the iPod Touch or iPhone, nor how their functionality is reduced to nothing but a 'fashion accessory', given that they're pretty similarly priced to other phones/MP3 players on the market but with access to undoubtedly the best mobile software store there is. That argument might have had some validity before the App Store was introduced but now, if anything, they're the most capable devices in their respective market.

And before you go branding me an Apple fanboy, the only Apple product I own is an iPod Touch and I love it simple because of the fantastic third party support thanks to the App Store. It's the biggest and the best because of Apple's success, not because of Apple themselves -- I hate the limitations and restrictions Apple force on their devices and the developers, but the devs will of course go where the money is and I go where the devs are. There's just too many fantastic and useful apps to miss out on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zippy
post Apr 24 2010, 10:33 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 18

For the record I hate apple aswell. =) I blew about 200 on an Ipod mini when they first came out, and the battery died about 48hours after the warranty expired. It planted a deep seed of resentment that has grown and florished over the years.

+Quote Post
John
post Apr 25 2010, 1:32 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 375

Please respell 'farce'. FOR GOD'S SAKE!

+Quote Post
phi11ip
post Apr 29 2010, 6:13 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 23

...as I was saying, you really don't want to piss off a site that big... Apple obviously don't read ATA.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/10089786.stm

+Quote Post
Trev
post Jun 8 2010, 12:02 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 258

So now that the Iphone4 has been released. What do people think? I like the face to face video calling. But that's probably because it won't be long till we all have jet-packs and moon bases.

I don't really follow the mobile phone market, but everyone I know has an iPhone so I don't really know of any other decent equivalents. Anyone have any suggestions?

+Quote Post
WillPS
post Jun 8 2010, 1:12 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 348

Palm Pre Plus. I'm getting one as soon as I get a placement.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben
post Jun 8 2010, 5:08 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 284

I'll get one, simply because my contract is already up, and we've had god knows how many Palm/HTC products pass through the office for testing and not one of them has impressed me to the extent of the iPhone. Lack of Flash doesn't bother me enough to switch to Android either.

+Quote Post
WillPS
post Jun 8 2010, 5:46 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 348

The new WebOS phones are a whole kettle of fish to the old phones manufactured by HTC. But I love my Treo Pro too, so...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Inverted Reality
post Jun 8 2010, 10:49 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 85

I'm not really too bothered by the 4G, I'll stick with my 3GS for now. I am looking forward to iOS4 though, but cant really think of any particular feature I will use much lol.
The one thing I liked about the Palm Pre was the wireless charging. Apart from that I thought it was under powered and not nearly as smooth as the iPhone. Whats the point in multi-tasking if it slows down when you do anything.

This post has been edited by Inverted Reality: Jun 8 2010, 10:51 PM

--------------------
I'm on iTunes!! as well as Amazon, emusic, ilike, immergent, last.fm, MOG, myspace, napster, and rhapsody.

+Quote Post
Ben
post Jun 9 2010, 6:42 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 284

Yeah, spent a few days getting to know the Pre, and as nice as the interface was, I just couldn't ever see myself trading in my iPhone for one. Same with the Nexus One and some other random HTC I played around with.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th August 2017 - 7:23 PM