Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
July 3rd 2010, Sorry for late upload!
ewan2000
post Aug 13 2010, 3:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,722

I went to Alton Towers last month and I forgot to put my trip report here! Here it is:
I had a great time apart from 13 not being open except for the begining of the day.Trip Report

We got out of our car at 9:20am and ran to the monorail queue. We boarded the jewelrey monorail train about 8 minutes later. As soon as we got out of the monorail, I ran to the corkscrew loops and shouted "R.I.P Corkscrew!!". We went to Towers Street and found out that "YourDay" was back with a new name: Alton Towers Resort DVD. We then ran to the Dark Forest and got in the queue for 13. After about 1 hour, an announcement came to the speakers saying "Please exit the ride queue, Thirteen will not be running anymore today due to a break-down". I stood there going "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!". We decided to go to the Skyride and go to Forbidden Valley for Nemesis (which I'd never had the opportunity to go on). After coming of the Skyride, we headed to Nemesis which had a short-ish queue. I loved it and wanted to go on again but the queue was no longer a small-ish queue, it was a mega queue. Then we headed to Gloomy Wood to go on Duel for the first time. I really enjoyed it and a few things made me jump like the zombies that jump out as you go past. We then took a ride on the rapids which were not open last time I went. We then headed to 13 again as a queue time information board had told us it was open again. When we got there, it was closed boo-hoo! We headed to the X-SECTOR and went on Oblivion which had a surprisingly short queue. We then went on Sonic Spinball which I enjoyed. Then we headed to RITA which the queue time info board said was a 45 minute queue but it turned out to be a 2 hour queue. As soon as we sat down in the train, an announcement came on and said "Sorry, RITA is expeiriencing a break-down". We had to get out of the train and wait for it to have a test run then get back on. We then went to Towers Trading Company and I got a 13 mug.

--------------------
Please visit my Alton Towers fansite: Towers Spy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2017 - 4:25 PM