Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Future of ATA, Power to the people!
Future ATA Designs
Which version of ATA would you prefer to be implemented? (See below for screenshots)
Design 1 [ 22 ] ** [46.81%]
Design 2 [ 25 ] ** [53.19%]
Total Votes: 47
Guests cannot vote 
Dyce3
post Jan 19 2011, 4:46 PM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,003

QUOTE (garyholc @ Jan 12 2011, 2:45 AM) *
I find it sad and somewhat insulting to the long term members, and site supporters who have paid money to help support this site.

QUOTE (WillPS @ Jan 19 2011, 10:35 AM) *
it's been fun!

Seeing the state of the forums is now making me regret paying to become a supporter - even though it was only for a short period of time. That said, its time for me to say goodbye! May be I'll see you again some day!

Goodbye ATA.....

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bassboy
post Jan 19 2011, 9:34 PM
Post #62

Member No.: 14,744

It's a shame, I joined a year or two too late and never really got involved too much but I have followed for many years, looks like I missed out, the thing is there can be a successful forum and a fun friendly one, ATA was both.

crying.gif

--------------------

Fender - make history!

+Quote Post
cactuselves
post Jan 24 2011, 1:48 PM
Post #63

Member No.: 143

Sad times sad.gif

+Quote Post
spike
post Mar 25 2011, 9:50 PM
Post #64

Member No.: 1,232

Any chance we can get rid of the spam?

+Quote Post
D4n
post Mar 25 2011, 10:45 PM
Post #65

Formerly 'AirRules'

Member No.: 11,249

/\ This spam? wink.gif

+Quote Post
KatieAlmighty
post Sep 4 2012, 10:45 AM
Post #66

Member No.: 14,269

I have lurked on this site for years. Occasionally posting. Its so sad to see it as it is right now. This is the first post in months. I miss the site already.

+Quote Post
hex
post Sep 18 2012, 9:24 PM
Post #67

Member No.: 1,842

QUOTE (KatieAlmighty @ Sep 4 2012, 11:45 AM) *
I have lurked on this site for years. Occasionally posting. Its so sad to see it as it is right now. This is the first post in months. I miss the site already.

dry.gif

Come on guys, at least do something.

--------------------
QUOTE (Rollercoaster Tycoon @ Jun 24 2007, 6:24 PM) *
I am willing to turn a blind eye to poor safety regimes as long as they get the theming right. In Six Flags, we get neither.

+Quote Post
Hex Legend of th...
post Sep 23 2012, 1:28 AM
Post #68

Member No.: 5,903

Dear everyone previously on the ATA team.

Fuck you.

It may not be eloquent but in response to such utter disregard for anyone but your own selfish selves, it's warranted.

• Fuck you for leaving without any statement.
  • Fuck you for not having the decency to sign the site over to somone who cared.
  • Fuck you for not even shutting it down but instead choosing to watch the remains fester and putrify.

Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you.

Such a shame that my last memories of the place that I spent much of my teen years contributing to and eagerly checking on a daily basis will be so bitter. The death of this place is entirely your fault.

And oh yeah... Did I forget to say - Fuck you?

Over and out.
Hex Legend Of The Towers

This post has been edited by Hex Legend of the Towers: Sep 23 2012, 1:30 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
WillPS
post Oct 13 2012, 6:31 PM
Post #69

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 348

QUOTE (Hex Legend of the Towers @ Sep 23 2012, 2:28 AM) *
Dear everyone previously on the ATA team.

Fuck you.

It may not be eloquent but in response to such utter disregard for anyone but your own selfish selves, it's warranted.

• Fuck you for leaving without any statement.
  • Fuck you for not having the decency to sign the site over to somone who cared.
  • Fuck you for not even shutting it down but instead choosing to watch the remains fester and putrify.

Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you.

Such a shame that my last memories of the place that I spent much of my teen years contributing to and eagerly checking on a daily basis will be so bitter. The death of this place is entirely your fault.

And oh yeah... Did I forget to say - Fuck you?

Over and out.
Hex Legend Of The Towers

Bit harsh!

The issue is that one person unilaterally owns ATA, and that person has done very little towards the site by comparison to the team he inherited the website from and the people within his team (notably Dan).

However, this person now makes a considerable but not life-changing amount from the Google Ad revenue. Google just about anything to do with Alton Towers and ATA is within the top 5 results. Lucky him.

It's just sad that all the work and goodwill Steve and Mac put in way back when; and the continual hard work of Dan (who understandably has had enough) are now sitting on effectively an archive making one person who had little to do with any of it (other than being in the right place at the right time) pennies.

I don't necessarily think it's too late to make something of it, but I think it's too late now to make ATA the day-to-day Towers fan resource it was always intended as.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2017 - 2:45 PM