38 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Secret Weapon 6, New for 2010
Alans
post Jun 14 2008, 6:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,159

Okay, so, in the past 3 weeks, John Wardley has been spotted on site 3 times, behind Corkscrew (Ugland) and in Cred Street.

All the trees behind the Corkscrew, have been numbered.

And a over-grown foresty area of land, behind the Bouncing Bugs in Cred Street has been cleared.

Tree Numbering [All credit Towers Times*]

Land clearing: [All credit to Towers Nerd*]

Wardley in Ug Land (behind Corkscrew) [All credit to Shawn Sanbrooke from Towers Nerd forums*]

So, all this leads me to speculate that we could be seeing that woodie in ugland after all. Remember the original plans were on that piece of land behind Corkscrew. Also, tree marking/numbering doesn't get done for a kiddies ride, but generally only for major projects.

And, if the Giant Gurgle baby coaster wasn't a wind-up, maybe we'll be seeing that in by where the new land in Cred Street is?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
D4n
post Jun 14 2008, 7:13 PM
Post #2

Formerly 'AirRules'

Member No.: 11,249

I don't think The Baby Coaster is coming somehow wink.gif

Isn't Bouncing Bugs going to go from Cred Street- Possibly a Flying Fish style Coaster?

Behing UG Land, I am very hopeful, although i'd rather the park added 3 or 4 decent flats than another coaster

smile.gif

+Quote Post
tiger2000
post Jun 14 2008, 9:30 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 280

The Tree Numbering has nothing to do with any new projects, it is a continious process and had been going on for years, as for the cleared land behind the Bouncing Bugs, it is/was the area where the Park Cleaning Sweepers are parked overnight.

+Quote Post
Alans
post Jun 15 2008, 9:27 AM
Post #4

Is it now? Only the land was very overgrown 2 weeks ago. So, no?

As far as the trees, Ive never noticed tree marking oin any theme park apart form when their getting a new coaster there.

+Quote Post
tiger2000
post Jun 15 2008, 10:48 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 280

It was just normal clearing of the overgrown shrubs and bushes around the Sweeper Storage Area, and there are hundreds of trees with the metal number tags on them around the park.

I'm not saying that the area won't eventually be returned to use as a Guest Area, but the cutting back of the foaliage may just be park of the normal park maintainance by the Gardening Team.

This post has been edited by tiger2000: Jun 15 2008, 10:50 AM

+Quote Post
AstroDan
post Jun 15 2008, 10:57 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 1,120

I don't think it's over-expectant to say that I do envisage a major attraction at Alton Towers in the 2010 season (and, if for some reason not 2010, then 2011). All the signs are pointing to the removal of Corkscrew over the next year or two, and the Ug Swinger could well be re-located. Add to this the regular sightings of John Wardley, various members of Alton Towers park management accompanied by people with land plans - then it's all adding up to become a potentially very exciting couple of years for Alton Towers - and indeed, forums such as this which thrive on major developments.

It is fairly simple to assume a major attraction will be constructed at Alton Towers sooon, simply because it is now so long since a major rollercoaster was constructed (Rita) and some 6 years since the last genuinely innovative rollercoaster was constructed (Air).

I wouldn't jump the gun as such, but I would expect something over the next couple of years.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RPG
post Jun 15 2008, 8:09 PM
Post #7

Şetta Er Allt Öğruvísi
Group Icon

Group: Team Members
Member No.: 65

It looks like Wardley is having a slash in the woods.

--------------------
RPG was a member here during the decade of 2000 while 2009. May his wonderful 'poasts' live on to inspire future generations.

+Quote Post
aerial.inversion...
post Jun 15 2008, 10:29 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 12,803

It seriously does. What a guy.

+Quote Post
garyholc
post Jun 15 2008, 11:36 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 870

Lol it does too!! Unless he is marking the path in his own unique way and can trace it afterwards by following his scent lol.

+Quote Post
WillPS
post Jun 16 2008, 10:40 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 348

The only real 'exciting' thing is the sightings of John Wardley on park. Tree numbering and clearing of weeds are, as Tiger2000 points out, nothing to behold. As AstroDan has said though we are overdue something special, dare I say it, a woodie?

As far as I see it, if it is a woodie then it's going to be a let down unless it's the one in the 2003 plans... which would undoubtably be fantastic.

Could somebody elaborate on the 'all signs pointing to the removal of Corkscrew' comment? I've not seen any signs point in that direction, although admitedly the ride is difficult to find now that Rita has blocked its' entrance.

This post has been edited by WillPS: Jun 16 2008, 10:42 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nexus
post Jun 16 2008, 12:49 PM
Post #11

Photographer
Group Icon

Group: Team Members
Member No.: 94

I too can say that the tree numbering has been happening for years, when Rita was being planned/installed I ventured around the back of ugland and almost every tree had a silver tag on it. I even took a photo, I can't put it up at the moment.

As for a development, I'd be very dissapointed if something didn't happen by 2010/11 but as always, I don't speculate on park developments until some hard evidence appears.

--------------------
Tom Bannister
ATA Site Photographer

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

+Quote Post
Alans
post Jun 16 2008, 3:07 PM
Post #12

I cant' see Corkscrew being removed until the year after it's 30th anniversary. When is that by the way?

+Quote Post
wrexham fan
post Jun 16 2008, 3:14 PM
Post #13

Official ATA Bog Cleaner
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

It opened on April 4th, 1980, so it will be (officially) 30 on April 4th, 2010 smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alans
post Jun 16 2008, 3:15 PM
Post #14

Hmm, I can probably see it out then in 2011. wink.gif I think the park will let it have it's 30th, then tear it down. wink.gif

+Quote Post
wrexham fan
post Jun 16 2008, 3:17 PM
Post #15

Official ATA Bog Cleaner
Group Icon

That'd make perfect sense to me as well mate, but can you be sentimental in business? I certainly hope so! In fact, I hope that the Corkscrew is not removed until it is unsafe...Alton wouldn't be the same without it. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Snake
post Jun 16 2008, 5:34 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 34

I remember when RITA was being built myself and Tom (Nexus) went around the back of the park on the footpath.. and no im not going to state where it is wink.gif

Along the way on the path you will notice that all of the trees along the path were numbered, i did have a photo taken of one with Tom pointing to it a few years ago.. but its been deleted by now..

As for the bloke taking a pee from the looks of him, maybe hes trying to say that the state of the public toliets is disgusting and didnt want to Queue! laugh.gif

--------------------
Richard Nicholls
ATA Member
Alton Towers Database

+Quote Post
marcus
post Jun 16 2008, 9:49 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 7,708

Right, the Corkscrew is going no where! It is a land mark of AT and it'll be there til it falls to bits. dry.gif
As for the land where John Wardley was seen on.... it's massive! It goes back an awful long way,asdoes the land behind the Corkscrew and the cable car station. If a new ride does come it will be integrated around what's already there in the plentyful space that there is. tongue.gif

--------------------
Fear is not knowing......Terror is finding out!

+Quote Post
John
post Jun 17 2008, 1:46 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 375

All this suggests to me is that Wardley has gotten so desperate for creative work, he's now employed to clear Alton's wooded areas.

+Quote Post
wrexham fan
post Jun 17 2008, 2:56 AM
Post #19

Official ATA Bog Cleaner
Group Icon

Isn't JW semi-retired anyway?

+Quote Post
Snake
post Jun 17 2008, 9:26 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 34

yea i think he is...

maybe he was just enjoying a walk in the woodland area and needed a quick pee after all laugh.gif

--------------------
Richard Nicholls
ATA Member
Alton Towers Database

+Quote Post

38 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2017 - 7:25 AM