38 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Secret Weapon 6, New for 2010
Alans
post Jul 9 2008, 7:20 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,159

As far as the new water ride in Cred Street goes, i am lead to believe it will be a 'Pirate Plunge' ride (with a different theme, obviously) from S&S. smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cactuselves
post Jul 9 2008, 7:50 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 143

.......a frog hopper with a puddle under it basically. blink.gif

+Quote Post
Alans
post Jul 12 2008, 2:12 PM
Post #43

MAJOR news at Alton Towers. Whether the following images are real or not, they certainly prove that Alton Towers are moving into the world's Elit ein 2010 if they pull these off.

Someone over at TT claims they were sent to him in an online survey, where he was asked to choose between the different themed presented. The dark forest theme looks amazing, with a RoboArm and possibly a new tilt coaster, from Vekoma.

other options include 'machines', 'creatures' and 'Racing'.
Pictures. (From TowersTimes)

+Quote Post
Dyce3
post Jul 12 2008, 2:36 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 1,003

The dark forest concept looks pretty good

+Quote Post
Nexus
post Jul 12 2008, 3:23 PM
Post #45

Photographer
Group Icon

Group: Team Members
Member No.: 94

I do like all of those concepts and they look like they share the same rides, a Robo-Arm and "rollercoaster". Dark forest looks great, but It would because it's the only concept that has had unique drawings made up for it, does this suggest the preffered design?

Looking at them closer it seems that Dark Forest is very original, could possibly have a eurofighter or tilt coaster. Machines/Creatures smells too much like a re-used nemesis theme. Racers could work, obviously aimed for where ug-land is now but doesn't smack of innovation, more like finishing off a theme started in 2005. The coaster sugests a dueling/racing model.

Good work Merlin!

--------------------
Tom Bannister
ATA Site Photographer

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

+Quote Post
Alans
post Jul 12 2008, 5:51 PM
Post #46

A Small tilt coaster is rumoured if the Dark Forest goes ahead, and notice one of the Dark Forest concept arts show Oblivion, with smaller, backwards trains?

+Quote Post
Trigger Happy
post Jul 12 2008, 9:30 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 2,371

The art work looks nice and while it's a little like FV I still think it would work. But I'd rather have a woodie than a tilt coaster, as I donít think this ride would have a huge impact. One other thought if they were to move Oblivion would they retheme X sector, as that would only leave enterprise and submission.

In any case it's nice to see some fresh ideas and it looks like the next few years at alton might be sweet cool.gif .

Edit: Backwards oblivion doesn't work for me.

This post has been edited by Trigger Happy: Jul 12 2008, 9:33 PM

+Quote Post
Rollercoaster Ty...
post Jul 13 2008, 7:37 AM
Post #48

Member No.: 1,809

Never gonna happen. Only an idiot would think AT would construct something as well-themed as that. IMO, it's more BGE standard, not something we would ever see in Europe the continent.

+Quote Post
Alans
post Jul 13 2008, 11:10 AM
Post #49

Ah, your right!

I mean, places like Disneyland or Phantasialand don't have world class theming do they!?

Stop being so negative you twit.

+Quote Post
Sebastian
post Jul 13 2008, 1:58 PM
Post #50

Member No.: 2,551

Well RCT is right in the sense that it would be incredibly suprising if they did it anywhere in the UK.

The parks are there to make money, and theming reguarly goes amiss if budget gets cut, and inevitabely it will. Perhaps it does happen in Germany where there is an emphysis at places such as Europa and Phantasia, but Phantasia has incredibly small profit margins now. Europa can do it and have done it since it has opened, simply becuase they get there rides free, so their normal budget given will just be spent on theming.

Don't get me wrong but everyone jumping to conclusions about 6 pictures released in a survey, seems a bit silly. Reminds me of booster bikes, when everyone said that was definately going to happen, and look what came of it..

+Quote Post
Trev
post Jul 14 2008, 6:04 AM
Post #51

Member No.: 258

Kuka arm chair rides of crap. Let's not build them. I've done the ones in Legoland Germany and California and they were awful in both. Low capacity and painful, nasty little rides. Much better if replaced with anything else. Like the dark forest theme. Anything that plays to AT's strength of being a big mystical forest.

+Quote Post
Mike1901
post Jul 14 2008, 4:41 PM
Post #52

Member No.: 5,782

Another development:

Merlin have asked TowersTimes to remove the concept images as they own the copyright....this certifies them genuine pretty much so I'm feeling hopeful that something medium to large scale will arrive 2010ish biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
WillPS
post Jul 14 2008, 6:06 PM
Post #53

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 348

Would anybody be superkind and email these images over to me if they have them? Cheers!

--------------------

+Quote Post
garyholc
post Jul 14 2008, 6:11 PM
Post #54

Member No.: 870

I didnt get to see them either. Ive looked at the RoboCoaster website and all I can say is, please god, do not under any circumstances install one of those stupid things. There is only ONE ride which can ever replace the Corkscrew, and that is another rollercoaster. It would be disgusting of AT and disrespectful to good old Corky to replace it with something rubbish. Would have loved to have seen the plans though sad.gif

+Quote Post
Alans
post Jul 14 2008, 6:14 PM
Post #55

Gary, it's isn't a RoboCoaster though. wink.gif It is just a Robo Arm. just like a little arm, where I think 2 people sit at the end of and get tumbled upside down several times.

It's a shame the images have been took down, I actually thought the guy who posted them originally on TT (oly had 1 post, unknown guy) was AT in disguise, possibly posting them up to see TT's views, but obviously not! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
WillPS
post Jul 14 2008, 6:28 PM
Post #56

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 348

I wish coaster fanboys would have a bit of anarchy about them. As if Merlin are going sue you for putting these images online, come on!

--------------------

+Quote Post
marcus
post Jul 14 2008, 6:40 PM
Post #57

Member No.: 7,708

QUOTE (WillPS @ Jul 14 2008, 7:06 PM) *
Would anybody be superkind and email these images over to me if they have them? Cheers!

Go on you tube' and type in .what is happening at alton towers. wink.gif

--------------------
Fear is not knowing......Terror is finding out!

+Quote Post
chapmanmania
post Jul 14 2008, 8:56 PM
Post #58

Member No.: 12,800

There probably is at least some credibility in the images, given AT's haste in requesting their removal and recent activity occurring around Ug Land. Personally, I'd like to see Thunder Rock being developed further. Rita doesn't fit into Ug Land, nor would it fit into a Dark Forest theme. It'll end up providing an excuse for Rita's eventual demise. Having said that, I'd like to see the Dark Forest theme as it links to the AT environment whilst utilising the surrounding forest landscape.

QUOTE (garyholc @ Jul 9 2008, 3:40 PM) *
Just a thought, but given some of the empty buildings in AT, a good addition would be an AT museum. Have parts of the rides in there (such as wheels from Black Hole for example), an old swan boat, one of the black hole cars, large photos, video displays, even noises, for example, press a button next to the corkscrew stand to hear the noise of the lift hill! Could have pictures of the towers, the gardens etc. i'm sure a lot of people would visit....

They could possibly feature some of this stuff in the Towers themselves.

--------------------

+Quote Post
garyholc
post Jul 14 2008, 10:09 PM
Post #59

Member No.: 870

RoboArm, Robocoaster if you ask me they all look terrible. The roboarm even worse to be honest, what a great way to make people wanna throw their guts up and have two hour queues.

I think the person who said this is AT purposely leaking information is correct, who else better to judge future plans than the future riders!!!

Take a look here:

+Quote Post
cookiee_munster
post Jul 15 2008, 10:06 AM
Post #60

Member No.: 32

the pictures have gone and the youtube video is uber rubbish quality sad.gif

if some nice person managed to save them before they were taken down, could you send them too me at all? wink.gif i like looking at concept design.

--------------------
Hush Your Lips, Or I Shall Cut Them Off, Place Them Upon Your Mother, And Kiss Her...

+Quote Post

38 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2017 - 10:24 PM