Thirteen: Theming, The name, look, music and backstory
Dan
post Jun 19 2009, 11:17 AM
Post #1

Web Developer
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 12

This thread is for any discussion relating to Secret Weapon 6's theme.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
darkomangagirl
post Jun 29 2009, 8:20 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,332

Oh dear no one has posted here yet. So with the current theme of SW6 looking like dark woods, does anyone agree/think they could possibly relocate Duel, in order to create a creepy sector of the park? Also enabling room for a woodie/other attraction near the flume..

--------------------
'What's that, you want to kill everyone and make a pretty picture out of their body parts? Come with me, take these tablets. Let's play a game of cluedo.' 2nd yr MH nurse, UOM.

+Quote Post
hex
post Jun 29 2009, 10:07 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,842

I imagine that it could be done, however it would be extremely costly, and it would mean building a massive warehouse in "Ug Land", I like the idea and think that if it were done it would be good, but I would be sad to see Gloomy Wood go sad.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (Rollercoaster Tycoon @ Jun 24 2007, 6:24 PM) *
I am willing to turn a blind eye to poor safety regimes as long as they get the theming right. In Six Flags, we get neither.

+Quote Post
Coaster_Dude
post Jun 29 2009, 10:51 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 946

Nah, moving Duel is definitely a no-no, it would probably be cheaper to build the new ride in Gloomy Wood than it would be to move Duel as well.

This post has been edited by Coaster_Dude: Jun 29 2009, 10:51 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
darkomangagirl
post Jun 29 2009, 1:59 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,332

Maybe they could have a new haunted house, like the old ride to support the theming of Hex.

--------------------
'What's that, you want to kill everyone and make a pretty picture out of their body parts? Come with me, take these tablets. Let's play a game of cluedo.' 2nd yr MH nurse, UOM.

+Quote Post
Dan
post Aug 10 2009, 8:42 PM
Post #6

Web Developer
Group Icon

Here's a photo of one of the posters that has appeared, which confirms the 'dark forest/haunted' theme:

(Photo by: Vik Morgan)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Inaudible-Whispe...
post Aug 10 2009, 9:13 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 8

Is 'The Unknown' a safe bet for the rides name?

--------------------

+Quote Post
hex
post Aug 10 2009, 9:57 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,842

Nahh, i'd say "Journey into the Unknown" will be the slogan.

I still reckon the name of the ride will be something along the lines of the crypt etc.

--------------------
QUOTE (Rollercoaster Tycoon @ Jun 24 2007, 6:24 PM) *
I am willing to turn a blind eye to poor safety regimes as long as they get the theming right. In Six Flags, we get neither.

+Quote Post
Dan
post Aug 10 2009, 10:07 PM
Post #9

Web Developer
Group Icon

Dean has taken some photos of the leaflet:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Inaudible-Whispe...
post Aug 10 2009, 10:34 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 8

QUOTE (hex @ Aug 10 2009, 10:57 PM) *
Nahh, i'd say "Journey into the Unknown" will be the slogan.

I still reckon the name of the ride will be something along the lines of the crypt etc.

Possibly, but with the world first element hidden from everybody but those onboard, 'The Unknown' would be a fitting name. There's another mention of 'the unknown' on the leaflet too, other than the 'Ride The Unknown' slogan.

--------------------

+Quote Post
eyeamthu1
post Aug 10 2009, 10:56 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 17

*Excited*

Very glad that they've gone with the Hex-esque theme -- way better than branding it with something like 'Saw'.

Just gotta hope that they do indeed retheme the whole of the area (including Rita) along with it. Really looking forward to seeing how this develops - haven't been this intrigued about a UK coaster project since Air!

--------------------

Check out my New Element Spotlight RCT2 park: Magic Realms Resort

+Quote Post
JoshC.
post Aug 11 2009, 5:03 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 14,206

Personally, I think a name along the lines of 'The Unknown' would be rather bad. When saying it, 'Oh - I think I'll ride The Unknown', it doesn't seem to effective. Something much more enigmatic and cryptically would be much better.

+Quote Post
Hex Legend of th...
post Aug 11 2009, 5:16 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 5,903

I hope the theme and name of SW6 isn't 'The Uknown' as the idea of Oblivion is all about riding into the unkown. It seems a little too similar to me. dry.gif

To be honest I think it's just a phrase that Alton are using to build up excitement for the new ride and holds little relevance. I think you guys are jumping to conclusions with little evidence.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dan
post Aug 11 2009, 5:19 PM
Post #14

Web Developer
Group Icon

"Project Rita" became Rita and "Project Stealth" became Stealth so... I guess the new coaster will be called "Weapon 6". tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JoshC.
post Aug 11 2009, 5:28 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 14,206

The theory dies due to "Project Dylan" becoming SAW. Oh well... tongue.gif

Had a small idea, not sure whether it may have been mentioned before though:

The ride could be themed around High Shutt Tree. On AT Heritage, there's an article about it. It is only a few miles west from the Towers, and the locals believed it to be cursed and if anyone would go round it 9 nine times, they would hear bells and preface death. Also, a highwayman is said to have been hung from the tree. Looking at the promo posters, it does centre on the tree a lot, and the whole idea could work well. Of course, the idea of going round it nine times is very unlikely, unless the cars feature some sort of spinning motion. Anyone who wants to look at the article, it is HERE.

In the end, this is all guess work and might be worth something to consider.

+Quote Post
Airtime Addict
post Aug 11 2009, 5:36 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (Dan @ Aug 11 2009, 6:19 PM) *
"Project Rita" became Rita and "Project Stealth" became Stealth so... I guess the new coaster will be called "Weapon 6". tongue.gif

Nah, it's obvious!

Ride Into The Unknown - RITU.

So it'll be Rita and her witch sister Ritu.

By the way Alton Towers, don't even contemplate that!!!

--------------------
Life is just a party

+Quote Post
Boombox2009
post Aug 11 2009, 7:38 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 14,274

Dont give el wayneo any more bright ideas! laugh.gif ph34r.gif but then to post it on a fanbase forum... shame on you Airtime happy.gif wink.gif Hang your head! hehe

--------------------

Diazepam = strange stuff! 01/02/10: New start, want to be re.invigored?

+Quote Post
WillPS
post Aug 11 2009, 8:31 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 348

Kill Rita; pour acid over everything bearing the bloody awful brand!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Boombox2009
post Aug 12 2009, 1:47 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 14,274

QUOTE (JoshC. @ Aug 11 2009, 6:28 PM) *
The ride could be themed around High Shutt Tree. On AT Heritage, there's an article about it. It is only a few miles west from the Towers, and the locals believed it to be cursed and if anyone would go round it 9 nine times, they would hear bells and preface death. Also, a highwayman is said to have been hung from the tree. Looking at the promo posters, it does centre on the tree a lot, and the whole idea could work well. Of course, the idea of going round it nine times is very unlikely, unless the cars feature some sort of spinning motion. Anyone who wants to look at the article, it is HERE.

Ah i do like a good story like that. I am also in the knowladge of a story about hangings within the grounds of the towers itself, well, if you include the queueline of Air anyway.

There is said to be, not near anything which could cause a draft on a non windy warm or even cold day, a cold spot in one particular part of the extended queueline (area 2) and it is said that a young woman was found hanged from a substancial tree in the 1700's.

However, bringing the story back to the theme of SW6, theres more haunted stories associated with the towers which could easly be partaken into a theme for this new ride. The initial posters do indicate a haunted/legend theme to follow in the footsteps of Hex but im still not convinced yet that until theres anything substancial about in official offerings which the staff have clarified so far to be true that im keeping a more open mind now. For instance, the plans show the photo point cabin to be in the exact same place as Corky's (RIP) and was going to be kept there whilst construction is happening and yet, its gone. Rethink or a decoy of plans? Staff have also pointed out with the various ones I have discussed this with that they "feel that its longer than the plans show". Decoy for the staff to stop anything getting out as they know what staff are like for imparting information or decoy for fans? This is the kinda thing that I personally love about construction times, its great to speculate with no one saying "dont be silly, its not gonna happen" without facts first.

The only thing im still betting on is the chained fence on the corner of rita. Some of you who know me may remeber me saying what an odd place to put a chain across a fence, maybe thats another entrance for a future ride I said even back in 2005, the day rita opened. Most people said that it was for maintance but why maintain a disused area? Financially, it didnt make any sence. From the plans of the entrance, its matches up very well, too well infact. Also, just supposing that the reason why the construction of the pits that are so deep is because they will have something projected onto the wall to go with the ride and give the effect of being chased while the track traverses? A 15 or so second video clip? Im far from saying this idea is fact but it does add a nice ounce of speculation which is healthy. *queue for mistiming video which doesnt sync with the ride wink.gif *

--------------------

Diazepam = strange stuff! 01/02/10: New start, want to be re.invigored?

+Quote Post
Dan
post Aug 12 2009, 5:37 PM
Post #20

Web Developer
Group Icon

I've scanned the leaflet in:

(click to enlarge)

--------------------