Thirteen Preview - ATA Discount
Dan
post Jan 16 2010, 5:16 PM
Post #1

Web Developer
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 12

If you'd like to go to the Thirteen Preview Weekend, you can get 10% off the asking price by quoting the code ATA1 when you book. smile.gif

Here are the details about the event:

QUOTE (ATA News @ Dec 11 2009, 12:22 PM)
As well as the regular benefits of staying at the hotel, guests would get the following:
  • An overnight stay on Friday 12th & Saturday 13th March 2010 in the Alton Towers Hotel including, Bed, Breakfast and Evening meal
  • Meet the team behind the project:
    • Morwenna Angove, Sales & Marketing Director presents the Marketing of Thirteen
    • Gary Moss, Brand Vista Director presents some of the research behind Thirteen
    • John Wardley, Ride consultant gives an insight as to how Thirteen was evolved and what makes it so unique
  • Exclusive opportunity to ask the team questions and find out information before anyone else
  • Tour of the new ride itself - meet Keith Workman the project manager on site and get the opportunity to look in places which will usually be inaccessible
  • See behind the scenes of nearby attractions Rita and Hex
  • Get limited edition merchandise - including a certificate and photograph
  • PLUS many extra surprises and giveaways
Crucially, the event does not guarantee a ride on Thirteen, as it may not be ready at that stage.

Many thanks to Alton Towers for offering our members this discount!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
WillPS
post Jan 16 2010, 8:06 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 348

On top of Annual Pass discount?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dan
post Jan 16 2010, 8:17 PM
Post #3

Web Developer
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 12

Nope, it's basically the same offer but you don't need to be an AP holder to get it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
darkomangagirl
post Jan 18 2010, 4:41 PM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,332

Cool. Who is thinking of going?

--------------------
'What's that, you want to kill everyone and make a pretty picture out of their body parts? Come with me, take these tablets. Let's play a game of cluedo.' 2nd yr MH nurse, UOM.

+Quote Post
Zippy
post Jan 18 2010, 6:42 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 18

QUOTE (darkomangagirl @ Jan 18 2010, 4:41 PM) *
Cool. Who is thinking of going?

Something tells me that people didn't exactly snap there hand off for this event, and the price tag would need to drop another 40% for me to consider it.

This post has been edited by Zippy: Jan 18 2010, 7:05 PM

+Quote Post
eyeamthu1
post Jan 19 2010, 12:27 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 17

^ Exactly. I'd definitely be up for going and paying for the actual Thirteen Behind The Scenes stuff and chat with John Wardley etc., but when you are forced into spending all the extra money to stay in the hotel and so on, it's a real deterrent. Might be worth it if they guaranteed a ride, but meh, I'm in the same boat as Zippy - price has to come down a lot first.

--------------------

Check out my New Element Spotlight RCT2 park: Magic Realms Resort

+Quote Post
WillPS
post Jan 19 2010, 1:33 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 348

QUOTE (eyeamthu1 @ Jan 19 2010, 12:27 AM) *
^ Exactly. I'd definitely be up for going and paying for the actual Thirteen Behind The Scenes stuff and chat with John Wardley etc., but when you are forced into spending all the extra money to stay in the hotel and so on, it's a real deterrent. Might be worth it if they guaranteed a ride, but meh, I'm in the same boat as Zippy - price has to come down a lot first.

Agreed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nexus
post Jan 22 2010, 2:40 PM
Post #8

Photographer
Group Icon

Group: Team Members
Member No.: 94

Also agreed, I'm a Towers fanboy like the rest but don't want the Hotel gubbins.

--------------------
Tom Bannister
ATA Site Photographer

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

+Quote Post
garyholc
post Jan 22 2010, 3:48 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 870

Real show stopper for me is that i'm coming up for the opening weekend which is the weekend after, so thats double the price of fuel, and then they want you to stay in the hotel as well. While I would forfeit the cost of the fuel to get there both weekends, I dont want to pay all that extra to stay in an overpriced hotel.

+Quote Post
haunted one
post Jan 22 2010, 4:51 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 711

How much is it?

+Quote Post
garyholc
post Jan 22 2010, 5:27 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 870

Check the other thread on there cos we quoted prices, but if I recall for 4 people sharing a room it was about 650.

+Quote Post
Snake
post Jan 24 2010, 11:33 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 34

I live in Eccleshall which is a 40 min max drive to Alton Towers.

This reason alone i am not prepared to spend money to stay in the hotel as it would be cheaper to spend the petrol going back-wards and forwards.

However if Alton Towers were prepared to offer a price cut and take off the hotel stay then i would go to the event.

If Alton Towers are saying they cannot because its easier to control the event, then i cannot see why they don't do this option and just say you must arrive by 09:30 on the day of event to check in to collect a pass/ wristband or the fee would be lost. I cannot see why the cannot do this.

--------------------
Richard Nicholls
ATA Member
Alton Towers Database

+Quote Post
wrexham fan
post Jan 24 2010, 12:45 PM
Post #13

Official ATA Bog Cleaner
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

It's quite simple...it's an exclusive preview weekend. It's all about the event and the experience of it.

I live in Leek (15 mins from ATR) and I would be going if I wasn't saving for my wedding.

For what your getting, the price is excellent. Two nights dinner, bed and breakfast...waterpark access for the entire event...unlimited extraordinary golf. Then on top of that you've got the talks/presentations and the behind the scenes stuff...

Now compare the price for this event, with all the extras to a Friday to Sunday stay in the main season...it's a couple of quid difference.

In my opinion, it's an exellent offering for a great price.

+Quote Post
Jayne
post Jan 24 2010, 2:49 PM
Post #14

Editor
Group Icon

Group: Team Members
Member No.: 761

QUOTE (wrexham fan @ Jan 24 2010, 12:45 PM) *
I live in Leek (15 mins from ATR)...

I've never seen a Ferarri on your drive, when did you get that?!

It takes me at least 25 to get from Leek to Alton... unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Snake
post Jan 24 2010, 7:38 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 34

It's quite simple...it's an exclusive preview weekend. It's all about the event and the experience of it.

I live in Leek (15 mins from ATR) and I would be going if I wasn't saving for my wedding.

For what your getting, the price is excellent. Two nights dinner, bed and breakfast...waterpark access for the entire event...unlimited extraordinary golf. Then on top of that you've got the talks/presentations and the behind the scenes stuff...

Now compare the price for this event, with all the extras to a Friday to Sunday stay in the main season...it's a couple of quid difference.

Rich, Im not saying its not good value for money! .. when you look at it overall the money value is good for what you are getting.

I can remember the days of the Nemesis X event and im sure we only paid 95 each. or something around that price

However, when you look into it for a lot of people including myself the price tag is putting me off. That also i am visiting Australia for 3 weeks on the 24th April so i dont really have the money to spend.

--------------------
Richard Nicholls
ATA Member
Alton Towers Database

+Quote Post
AstroDan
post Jan 24 2010, 8:38 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,120

The selfish side of me is delighted that not everyone can afford it - means it'll be even more exclusive.

tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gregster
post Jan 24 2010, 10:23 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Group: Premium
Member No.: 577

Rich,

In the main season all the rides and attractions at the Theme Park are open smile.gif

I'm quite cost savvy and on this occasion the price is putting me off.

Not disputing it's a great event - and I appreciate that ATR have offered the event - but my gut feelings and experience of many years of events like it, is the price is too high sad.gif

Greg

--------------------
Love Pleasure Beach? Join the CLUB - The only official organisation for friends of Pleasure Beach!

CLUB Pleasure Beach

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2017 - 10:28 PM