2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Retheming Forbidden Valley
Rollercoaster Ty...
post Dec 5 2007, 4:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,809

I wonder if it is possible to retheme Forbidden Valley in some way, which does not require any modifying of the actual Nemesis legend itself?

It is very hard to sufficiently add rides in Forbidden Valley at the moment because it doesnt fit in with the Nemesis legend, so maybe it is time to change things a little, and start basing future rides around AIR instead?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cosmosis
post Dec 5 2007, 4:51 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 574

What would be the point? It's a fantastically themed area with so much atmosphere.
I think air fits in well with forbidden valley, as forbidden valley is a thrill area , trill rides need an edgy theme, and the valley does this well.

Air is themed like an oasis becuase thats how Alton want to portray the ride, as moving away from the sinister and thrill factor of Nemesis.

+Quote Post
Hex Legend of th...
post Dec 5 2007, 4:58 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,903

The whole of the forbidden valley does not need to be rethemed. The oasis area could expand into the current car park and become an area in it's self.
If they find more spaces for these car parking places then it would be very possible to have an air and a nemesis themed areas.

An expansion would be far better then a retheme.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Katie
post Dec 5 2007, 5:06 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,444

Forbidden Valley should definitely not be rethemed. I love the atmosphere and visual theming, IMO the best in the park. Why mess with the areas that work when there's blatantly other areas screaming out for some rejigging (cough...X Sector)?

Katie

--------------------
Prepare for AIR

+Quote Post
Hex Legend of th...
post Dec 5 2007, 5:25 PM
Post #5

X sector is not the worst. In fact Ug Land makes X sector look like disney quality.

The X sector just needs to be cleaned up and turning on the effects and the new ride in the black hole tent.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rollercoaster Ty...
post Dec 5 2007, 5:49 PM
Post #6

But I feel currently there is no scope for adding new rides to the Forbidden Valley area because there is nothing that could fit in with Nemesis' legend.

If you add a flat ride, you will need it to be like giant saw or a giant cutting object used to dig up Nemesis. Its just so boring.

I think they should try and turn the whole area into a space-themed zone and mix FV with XS (move Submission and Enterprise if necessary). Then use the space in XS for a retheme to a jungle, where Oblivion could be used more eloquently.

+Quote Post
Hex Legend of th...
post Dec 5 2007, 6:26 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Rollercoaster Tycoon @ Dec 5 2007, 05:49 PM) *
I think they should try and turn the whole area into a space-themed zone and mix FV with XS (move Submission and Enterprise if necessary). Then use the space in XS for a retheme to a jungle, where Oblivion could be used more eloquently.

KC is jungle themed so that may be a problem also - Personally I would prefer a post apocalytic theme.
Also I always though the X Sector was had a futureistic theme?

Also could you explain your ideas about oblivion further please?

--------------------

+Quote Post
cosmosis
post Dec 5 2007, 8:29 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 574

QUOTE (Rollercoaster Tycoon @ Dec 5 2007, 05:49 PM) *

Even though they're at opposite ends of the park?

They're both fine as they are. I'm sure Alton can think of more ideas than just a giant saw, and X sector just needs to fill the Black hole site and give the area some more history, ie make the guests more aware of its seceret base type thingy...

+Quote Post
DragonGuardian
post Dec 5 2007, 9:02 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,185

Oblivion needs to be futuristic as the fear of the ride is physiological.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emily Howard
post Dec 6 2007, 4:36 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 1,213

hey my post was deleted. why?

--------------------
"You must know that I am a lady... I press flowers and stroke kittens and swim in rivers... wearing dresses and hats."

+Quote Post
DragonGuardian
post Dec 6 2007, 9:53 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 1,185

You probably just insulted tycoon and added nothing. Has happened to me 3 times now I believe.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hex Legend of th...
post Dec 6 2007, 10:02 PM
Post #12

Tut tut tut...

Silly insults and petty aruguements get us nowhere.

I should know I'm quite oftenly at the heart of them tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emily Howard
post Dec 7 2007, 8:59 AM
Post #13

Lol - well at least your honest.

Ok if were seriously going to discuss this ridiculous topic, i think there needs to be a clear seperation between Forbidden Valley and the Oasis of AIR. I believe some more themeing to AIR, and possibly a gentle flat (which there is room for) would enhance the area totally, making it look like an Oasis, rather than a great coaster put in the wrong place. As for Nemesis andFV in general, dont touch it, just keep it clean and tidy and dont let it decay like X-Sector

This post has been edited by Emily Howard: Dec 7 2007, 1:12 PM

--------------------
"You must know that I am a lady... I press flowers and stroke kittens and swim in rivers... wearing dresses and hats."

+Quote Post
Rollercoaster Ty...
post Dec 8 2007, 11:25 PM
Post #14

But there is nothing in FV. Just a few rocks (hollow, no doubt) and some silly two-bob Mushroom Cloud theming which nobody cares about.

Maybe AT need to invest in building a valley by raising the walls of FV either side...so it actually feels as though you are walking into a valley, not just another silly area of the park.

+Quote Post
Hex Legend of th...
post Dec 9 2007, 12:11 AM
Post #15

Ok.... I am genrally all for themeing but raising the sides just so it fits the name of the area?

I would like some more themeing in the forbidden valley as well. I don't feel it needs it but it wouldn't hurt to have a bit more but building walls is a little pointless. They would better off just changing the name!

--------------------

+Quote Post
PaulMorgster
post Dec 9 2007, 12:31 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 21

Maybe Katanga Canyon should have walls built around it too to make it look like a canyon. And maybe some more gloom is needed in gloomy wood, not gloomy enough for my liking! And Cred Street needs more, well, street cred

--------------------
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurios pronsite of 'hot XXX galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning,
And my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour.
"Tis not possible!", I muttered, "give me back my free hardcore!"
Quoth the Server,

+Quote Post
John
post Dec 9 2007, 1:18 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 375

QUOTE (PaulMorgster @ Dec 9 2007, 12:31 AM) *
And Cred Street needs more, well, street cred

10% more pro-active!

+Quote Post
Emily Howard
post Dec 10 2007, 8:45 AM
Post #18

QUOTE (Rollercoaster Tycoon @ Dec 8 2007, 11:25 PM) *
But there is nothing in FV. Just a few rocks (hollow, no doubt) and some silly two-bob Mushroom Cloud theming which nobody cares about.

Maybe AT need to invest in building a valley by raising the walls of FV either side...so it actually feels as though you are walking into a valley, not just another silly area of the park.

Er.no.

There is lots in FV. I think it is one of the best themed areas you will find in any park in the world. And the rocks, I think came from the hole Nemesis sits in, correct me if i am wrong.

And, how exactly does this vally work that your on about? Where will the 'walls' fit? Why build them?

I think your reading to much into the name of the area. Merrie England is hardly Merrie is it now.

I tell you if you were in charge of AT they would be bankrupt within a matter of minutes. Seriously go think about what your suggesting and come back with a valid topic of conversation.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Katie
post Dec 10 2007, 10:34 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 1,444

QUOTE (Rollercoaster Tycoon @ Dec 8 2007, 11:25 PM) *

I don't usually get into these type of debates because I don't think can ever get anywhere, but I'd like to point out that clearly many people care about the current theming in FV. Just read the positive posts above your own to see the proof. Also, you ought to bear in mind that if you insult FV's theming, you are also insulting that of Nemesis...

Katie

--------------------
Prepare for AIR

+Quote Post
John
post Dec 10 2007, 5:05 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 375

I think Forbidden Valley is OK. Nemesis's theme is excellent, obviously, if a bit unclear, but the Air thing never ever worked, and parts of Ripsaw's decoration have just been removed year on year.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th August 2017 - 9:44 PM