4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Black Hole
Minus
post Jul 6 2010, 10:58 PM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,042

This is an idea I had for the black hole thats currently in the black hole tent.
THE PLANETARIUM COASTER.

(please excuse the crudeness of the drawing)
Basically a cross between a planetarium and coaster. It could be 3d or not 3d but I just think the celestial theme is a winner. I guess you would have to have an elastic strap on the 3D glasses... and you could weve the 3d video with effects and actual props. And why couldnt it be proposed Eurofighter?? biggrin.gif

3D projectors are mass produced now so thats good... But the cone of light produced by the projectors may restrict the coaster a bit. Alternatively you could have screens and projectors placed sporadically throughout the tent at various angles and places, ignoring the occasional shadow...I think theres enough to work with there...

This post has been edited by Minus: Jul 6 2010, 10:59 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cookiee_munster
post Jul 7 2010, 4:51 PM
Post #62

Member No.: 32

QUOTE (Minus @ Jul 6 2010, 11:58 PM) *
This is an idea I had for the black hole thats currently in the black hole tent.
THE PLANETARIUM COASTER.
(please excuse the crudeness of the drawing)
Basically a cross between a planetarium and coaster. It could be 3d or not 3d but I just think the celestial theme is a winner. I guess you would have to have an elastic strap on the 3D glasses... and you could weve the 3d video with effects and actual props. And why couldnt it be proposed Eurofighter?? biggrin.gif

3D projectors are mass produced now so thats good... But the cone of light produced by the projectors may restrict the coaster a bit. Alternatively you could have screens and projectors placed sporadically throughout the tent at various angles and places, ignoring the occasional shadow...I think theres enough to work with there...

its an ok idea i guess. its just pretty complex. i do agree with the space theme. as tired as it may seem, any kind of covered rollercoaster begs for some kind of space theme (its the obvious theme anyway)
i think the new coaster needs to remain on the level of family/thrill (would you class disney's rockn'rollercoaster's thrill?) anyway, not too intense. possibly with black light effects and (if anyones been on peterpans flight) the star field effect. quite a simple effect, but really cool.

This post has been edited by cookiee_munster: Jul 7 2010, 4:52 PM

--------------------
Hush Your Lips, Or I Shall Cut Them Off, Place Them Upon Your Mother, And Kiss Her...

+Quote Post
Minus
post Jul 7 2010, 9:38 PM
Post #63

Member No.: 1,042

That ride looks awesome...going into the bedroom what the heck biggrin.gif

But anyways, I dont think that idea is complex, atleast not in theory. Complex would be big moving sets, track switches - the things we really want! but I thought that idea good *because* it was simple.

+Quote Post
cookiee_munster
post Jul 7 2010, 10:14 PM
Post #64

Member No.: 32

QUOTE (Minus @ Jul 7 2010, 10:38 PM) *
But anyways, I dont think that idea is complex, atleast not in theory. Complex would be big moving sets, track switches - the things we really want! but I thought that idea good *because* it was simple.

i was thinking more about the 3D speks, projectors...

--------------------
Hush Your Lips, Or I Shall Cut Them Off, Place Them Upon Your Mother, And Kiss Her...

+Quote Post
boroboyWally
post Sep 19 2010, 4:05 PM
Post #65

Member No.: 14,959

QUOTE (Sawyer @ Mar 9 2008, 4:37 PM) *
We can only hope some a great new flat ride... Well I can anyway!

somthing like vortex or slammer or rush from thorpe park or flipflop from flamingoland excl.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2017 - 8:50 AM