Reply to this topicStart new topic
Change Adventure Land, It is terrible
cookiee_munster
post May 10 2008, 9:51 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 32

im liking the carnival idea.

Chester and Hester's Dino Rama at Animal Kingdom, was pretty much bombed by Disney fans. BUT, im really liking the carni/playful touch. Something like that i think would work well at Alton Towers.

--------------------
Hush Your Lips, Or I Shall Cut Them Off, Place Them Upon Your Mother, And Kiss Her...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
D4n
post May 11 2008, 6:32 PM
Post #22

Formerly 'AirRules'

Member No.: 11,249

Did that get deolished it looks like a great ride but I don't rtemember seeing it! unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Westcot
post May 13 2008, 12:11 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 6,675

Nope, it's a fairly new ride. It's a good area at Disney's Animal Kingdom, but it's not the Disney quality everyone expects.

It would, however, fit into Alton Towers very well.

+Quote Post
Alans
post May 13 2008, 7:16 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 5,159

I thought it was called Primeval Whirl? Anywya, it's a bad ride iirc, but it would suit the Towers, in terms of theaming.

+Quote Post
cookiee_munster
post May 18 2008, 4:55 PM
Post #25

Theres a ride called Primeval Whirl, the WHOLE land is called Chester and Hester's Dino Rama

--------------------
Hush Your Lips, Or I Shall Cut Them Off, Place Them Upon Your Mother, And Kiss Her...

+Quote Post
Elementist
post May 19 2008, 11:07 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 6,200

A drop tower themed to one of them carnival games, high striker. Test of strength game > hit a mallet and ring the bell.

The land is DinoLand USA but there is something called Chester......

This post has been edited by Elementist: May 19 2008, 11:07 PM

+Quote Post
Trev
post May 20 2008, 4:28 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 258

DinoLand USA is the name of the whole are which includes the Dinosaur Institute (Dinosaur ride), the Bone Site, (kids play area) Resturant-o-saurus, big eatery. This part is al nice and well themed. Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama is the atrocity that they quickly added in when they realised they didn't have enough rides, poor cheap themeing, two off the shelf spinning mice complete with cardboard theming, wiring, supports on show and all the fun of Brighton Pier. Yeah it's pretty poor.

+Quote Post
D4n
post May 21 2008, 6:18 PM
Post #28

Formerly 'AirRules'

Anyway back on topic...

After not riding The Beastie on Sunday and just watching it I've realised what a complete waste of space it is!

Keep the track but, as Hex says re-theme the area to an arcade.

Build Race Horse cars, make it a Steeplechase ride based on one of those Arcade Horse Race Games.

You could even get a decent queue line video for it (Although the queues would rarely reach 20 minutes)

smile.gif

+Quote Post
kpo123
post May 22 2008, 7:21 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 12,873

i think so to i mean i dident even go to adventure land well did look at spillball but i was closed so we went to X-sector what if they made a ride like you get on in a hut then go under ground then see all these dragons somthing like that mellow.gif but keep that theme and i do think X-sector dose need a bit more paint and build somthing in the tent or get rid of it laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif and the gloomly woods really need some doing to it i mean one ride a walkthrough i dident even go in it i dont know why but i dident. thats all i have to say.

This post has been edited by Dan: May 22 2008, 7:36 PM
Reason for edit: Please try and use sentence structure, like full stops and capital letters. Your post is very hard to read otherwise. Thanks.

+Quote Post
D4n
post May 22 2008, 7:35 PM
Post #30

Formerly 'AirRules'

Duel is part of Gloomy Wood wink.gif

+Quote Post
AmyLouAltonTower...
post May 26 2008, 1:39 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 12,771

Adventure land doesn't look right atm!
With Spinball Wizzer and the Beastie, Beastie needs a repaint definatley!
Changing it into a large arcade would be a great idea and a big improvement.
Lets hope they change it soon because I'm getting bored!
tongue.gif

+Quote Post
dont look down
post Jul 27 2008, 11:47 AM
Post #32

Member No.: 12,932

x-sector does not need sprucing up its still perfectly fine

+Quote Post
coastermadab
post Apr 13 2009, 3:44 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 14,250

I agree with you, Adventure Land is looking a bit worst for wear now. I would say it's getting a bit tacky and Spinball Wizzer needs a good re-paint. Alton Towers need to improve this area because it is near the park entrace and most of the public are most likely to pay a visit to Adventure land first. First impressions really mean something! rolleyes.gif Reply if you agree!

+Quote Post
kpo123
post Apr 22 2009, 7:11 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 12,873

adventure land still hasent been changed! what i mean about the gloomy woods is that they could take down the top of the house and make like two more floors and keep duel but maybethey could put a roller coster in the top floor the carriages in the shape of a ghost you start in the house then you go through a broken window and fly about the top of the house or they could just make duel bigger blush.gif

+Quote Post
ewan2000
post Mar 14 2010, 3:27 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 14,722

Now Spinball Whizzer is Sonic Spinball I think a sonic themed area would be fab. The beastie should go, and be replaced by another junior coaster which is a lot safer as when I went on the beastie I felt like I was going to fall out of the car. Also, a little toddler queue jumped me about 10 times, mind you, I did have chips in my hand!

--------------------
Please visit my Alton Towers fansite: Towers Spy

+Quote Post
Sawyer
post Mar 14 2010, 3:29 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 633

I can't see the beastie going for a few years. Its the only coaster kids can really go on. little kids I mean, Runaway Mine Train is to big for some. I love the beastie! It needs a new paint job and some themeing but its fab! I wouldn't mind another kiddie coaster thou, another credit to add to the list =p

--------------------

+Quote Post
cookiee_munster
post Mar 19 2010, 1:10 AM
Post #37

QUOTE (ewan2000 @ Mar 14 2010, 3:27 PM) *
Now Spinball Whizzer is Sonic Spinball I think a sonic themed area would be fab.

no no NO! tongue.gif

they need to stop with all this branding crap, and just come up with something totally original for the park. something that wont date as easily anyway.

spinball, when its had its big ol'e sonic rebrand and everyone's happy, should go in the black hole tent... from what ive seen pictures wise, the coaster just looks an eyesore as you enter the park. its like HELLO!!!

the whole area should remain a kids area, possibly theme it back to storybook land again? its one of the areas of the park thats quite "open" you go down towers street, and its THERE! which is a shame, as most of the lands in the park are kinda hidden away. i havent been to the park in years tho, and usually pass that area, so i dunno what its like anymore.

--------------------

+Quote Post
iOblivion
post Mar 22 2010, 3:43 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 14,674

If they were to sonic theme at least re theme the beastie to something like "Sonics Super Spin" And call the area green zone tongue.gif *Sonic level for those who dont understand*

Or if to flow with the Arcade idea retheme and call it something arcade themed...

Besides whats wrong with Pirate bay. Tea cups, water cannon thing ma bob and a aquarium. whats to not like tongue.gif

Anddd.... On to another topic if the pub / resteraunt inside the sort of castle thing (not the towers. The area with the electric heaters. Used to be medival themed.) been re themed or is that me thinking back to the past (havn't visited that bit for a while.)

This post has been edited by iOblivion: Mar 22 2010, 3:44 PM

--------------------
This is Oblivion!

Prepare to Drop!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2017 - 8:55 AM