Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Next Ride To Go?
D4n
post Jan 1 2009, 1:13 PM
Post #1

Formerly 'AirRules'

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,249

Following Corkscrew's departure at the end of the 2008 season, I've started wondering which ride will leave the resort next?

I think that the next ride will be Blade because itn't as thrilling as it once was (new tyre) and that space could be used by a different family ride, maybe a little launch coaster for kids?

I think the next major ride to leave will be The Flume because it occupies the space that Alton's next coaster (after SW6) will most likely be built on and the ride could easily be shortened/ changed to a far better log flume.

What are your opinions?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mat
post Jan 28 2009, 8:49 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 487

I'm not sure Blade should go - it's a classic family ride which I think is welcomed at any park. I've thought for a while the flume should go, but only to be replaced with a new improved water ride.

--------------------

+Quote Post
D4n
post Feb 2 2009, 1:21 PM
Post #3

Formerly 'AirRules'

Yeah, I would like to see a water coaster in place of The flume, a little like Journey To Atlantis? Also, Blade needs to be improved or removed in my opinion. I think a new motor would do...

+Quote Post
Elementist
post Feb 2 2009, 2:53 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,200

I think Gloomy Wood needs investment because it only has one ride and think it should be combined into KC. The Flume removed in place for a water coaster - that will sort out those massive troublesome areas.

All the areas have their work cut out for them and don't look that messy compared to the above.

What do you think?

This post has been edited by Elementist: Feb 2 2009, 2:54 PM

+Quote Post
garyholc
post Feb 2 2009, 4:24 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 870

If I had a list, in order, of what I would want replaced, it would be:
  1. Submission
  2. Enterprise
  3. Blade
  4. Flume
Agree that a water based coaster would be good in place of the Flume. As for the first two, Submission is awful, Enterprise is antique, which hardly cut it in the "modern" X-Sector!!!

+Quote Post
Nicholas-c
post Feb 15 2009, 2:30 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 14,180

i am going with the flume because although its a great ride it takes up alot of space and as my sister experienced its a nightmare for staff during an evac or something

--------------------

PS3: Nicholas-c - Xbox Live: Hydraulictrash
Canon 400D Owner - See My Flickr
Canon 18-55mm - Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 70-300mm - Sigma 10-20mm

iMac 24" Owner - iPhone owner

+Quote Post
Rollercoaster Ty...
post Feb 18 2009, 1:09 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 1,809

The Blade should have been relocated to MB in 2008, but AT missed the boat (chortle) as usual. Now I think Blade, along with Submission and AIR, should just be melted down into liquid and sold to a nearby steel merchants.

The trouble with AIR is that it doesn't fit the theme of FV at all. Submission has always been a useless ride; would you ever find DLP include a Chance Inverter in their parks? Or even PA in Spain? No! The reliability of Submision often makes the likes of Slammer at TP look decent.

+Quote Post
Jodi
post Feb 18 2009, 2:13 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 12,869

QUOTE (garyholc @ Feb 2 2009, 4:24 PM) *
If I had a list, in order, of what I would want replaced, it would be:
  1. Submission
  2. Enterprise
  3. Blade
  4. Flume
Agree that a water based coaster would be good in place of the Flume. As for the first two, Submission is awful, Enterprise is antique, which hardly cut it in the "modern" X-Sector!!!

On Sat, Blade's brakes went so many blinking times it was untrue. The amount of times it was swinging as it couldnt stop was stupid. So I think that should be out for a start!

--------------------
Your best friend is not the one bailing you out of jail. They are the one sat next to you saying haw ACE that just was!

+Quote Post
TurboJ
post Feb 18 2009, 3:24 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 12,914

QUOTE (Rollercoaster Tycoon @ Feb 18 2009, 1:09 AM) *
The Blade should have been relocated to MB in 2008, but AT missed the boat (chortle) as usual. Now I think Blade, along with Submission and AIR, should just be melted down into liquid and sold to a nearby steel merchants.

The trouble with AIR is that it doesn't fit the theme of FV at all. Submission has always been a useless ride; would you ever find DLP include a Chance Inverter in their parks? Or even PA in Spain? No! The reliability of Submision often makes the likes of Slammer at TP look decent.

Okay, let's do some analysing here.
BLADE: Fix it up a little and it ought to be good. Otherwise, scrap it.
SUBMISSION: Yes, that should go right now.
AIR: Are you kidding?! The 12m Secret Weapon 5?! NO.
I think that the reason Air doesn't fit the Forbidden valley theme is because it isn't meant to. Nemesis is the evil in the Valley; Air represents the purity that was once there.
Okay, I'm delving into my fan-project here, but still. I think the fact that they are in such close proximity to each other is a very good thing. It certainly adds something to the ride.
If they were to do something with Air in the next few years, it should be obvious and most people on here will agree. We don't want to be flying through an underground car-park.

--------------------
Sit Back... It's fright Time

+Quote Post
mat
post Feb 20 2009, 2:59 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 487

Air should definatley not removed, nor will it be for many years to come. I understand the idea behind its theme, but it could have been done alot better. That concrete tunnel leading to the lift hill is awful. I remember all the speculation back in 2001/2002 over what could be in there. I don't think anyone finds concrete aesthetically pleasing. ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sawyer
post Mar 20 2009, 9:26 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 633

I think Old MacDonalds Farm Yard could do with a complete revamp. I know we are talking about rides but It would be nice to see all of them rides gone and replaced with a completly brand new area of the park. Still for children but with new and better rides.

--------------------

+Quote Post
D4n
post Mar 21 2009, 4:11 PM
Post #12

Formerly 'AirRules'

I doubt this will happen. Since Alton have just added some animals to the area. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
KatieAlmighty
post Apr 23 2009, 10:06 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 14,269

I seem to be the only person who likes submission here, i love it, the way it just leaves you hanging there, i think blade should go, its not enjoyable anymore, or a new tire?

+Quote Post
Boombox2009
post May 2 2009, 12:35 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 14,274

Ideally in my idea world for Towers I think the following on this subject:

Ripsaw to be removed and to be replaced with a floorless Topspin. An extra thrill of the floorless element but to have more waterjets. Ripsaw is supposed to be about decontamination and having the floorless topspin to emphasise the Decontamination element of what Ripsaw was origionally supposed to me and now that some of the origional theming has been removed, it just seems and looks like any old Topspin ride.

The flume - Towers was once and sometimes is still classed as a world class attraction. when i think of world class attractions within an attraction, Flume isnt one that springs to mind. Back in the days of Aqualand, it fitted perfectly. Towers was a newborn themepark and now with all the boasts from the marketing department that it is a resort and that its world class. It was ok for its time and sometimes, things have to change. Even Rapids for me is better than the flume. It has better effects you do feel like your somewhere diffrent. Amazonian river going through a local village. Flume is good to get wet on, what else does it say to the mind of a child? Children need to be spoken at with a young adults mind not patronised. Kids these days are being brought up to be more mature at a younger age thus meaning that a family attraction which appeals to all age ranges needs to be more thrilling at a younger age. Flume isnt that. Im with the idea on this, a ride more like Atlantis would be a good move. An Atlantis type ride would be perfect for the area that Flume now takes.

Unfortunatly, with Towers, theres a lot of "dead space" which previous rides have taken up and nothing being replaced with.

--------------------

Diazepam = strange stuff! 01/02/10: New start, want to be re.invigored?

+Quote Post
coastermadab
post May 2 2009, 4:16 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 14,250

Really I don't think that The Flume will be making a departure from the park any time soon. It's way too popular and DID once hold a world record for the longest flume ride in the world. Do have a feeling about Blade though. It's not very popular and not thrilling. I would not be bothered either if this went either. We need a fantastic flat ride and the space Blade occupies could easily have a ground breaking flat ride in it. What does anyone else think?

QUOTE (KatieAlmighty @ Apr 23 2009, 11:06 AM) *
I seem to be the only person who likes submission here, i love it, the way it just leaves you hanging there, i think blade should go, its not enjoyable anymore, or a new tire?

I love Submission too! This ride should not go. Remeber, a ride like Submission will never be manufactured again...

+Quote Post
D4n
post May 3 2009, 3:30 PM
Post #16

Formerly 'AirRules'

QUOTE (coastermadab @ May 2 2009, 5:16 PM) *
I love Submission too! This ride should not go. Remeber, a ride like Submission will never be manufactured again...

There's a reason for this. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
JoshC.
post May 3 2009, 3:49 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 14,206

I don't feel Blade should go. Sometimes, you just need a ride which takes a breather from all the bigger rides. Plus, a theme park doesn't feel like a theme park unless it has got some boat swinging up and down...

However, when AT next consider putting in a flat, I'd day a S&S Screaming Swing would be a could choice. It is thrilling and popular (just look at Rush at Thorpe). However, I guess the sound and height restrictions would make that a no. If not, a Magic Carpet would be nice to see. (Thinking about it, is there any possibilities of a flat going where the Ug Swingers was - a flat would be nice there if there's enough room...)

+Quote Post
Rollercoaster Ty...
post May 5 2009, 3:27 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 1,809

There did used to be a Magic Carpet in where UG Swinger was, pretty much. Maybe just a little further back to the right. I t was originally called 1001 Nights, and then it was replaced by Energizer in 1995.

The Magic Carpet at CWOA was also a great ride, and in CWOA's heyday it was actually quite rough. As was Smuggler's Galleon to be honest (or was I just small in those days lol). Shame CWOA has tamed down for the tiddlers nowadays.

+Quote Post
Hex Legend of th...
post May 5 2009, 3:42 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 5,903

QUOTE (Rollercoaster Tycoon @ May 5 2009, 4:27 PM) *
As was Smuggler's Galleon to be honest (or was I just small in those days lol). Shame CWOA has tamed down for the tiddlers nowadays.

It's now known as the Black Buccaneer and its certainly not a tame ride at all! Its the type of ride I would expect to find in a high thrills park!

--------------------

+Quote Post
darkomangagirl
post May 5 2009, 4:28 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 1,332

QUOTE (coastermadab @ May 2 2009, 5:16 PM) *
Really I don't think that The Flume will be making a departure from the park any time soon. It's way too popular and DID once hold a world record for the longest flume ride in the world.

Longest Queue ride? tongue.gif

--------------------
'What's that, you want to kill everyone and make a pretty picture out of their body parts? Come with me, take these tablets. Let's play a game of cluedo.' 2nd yr MH nurse, UOM.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2017 - 12:54 AM