Sonic Spinball
Jayne
post Jan 7 2010, 1:23 PM
Post #21

Editor
Group Icon

Group: Team Members
Member No.: 761

Yes it does, I was referring to the re-themed Spinball car in the hotel brochure that TTF based their Sonic Spinball confirmation on
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
WillPS
post Jan 7 2010, 1:42 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 348

I wonder if that big Sonic from Toyland Tours will make a reappearance? Those big neon gold rings would be good too!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
chapmanmania
post Jan 8 2010, 12:05 PM
Post #23

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,800

Maybe TTF are referring to a different brochure, but the only image of Spinball I can see, in the copy Alton uploaded to their website, it looks like the ordinary logo (on page 6 - events and celebrations).

--------------------

+Quote Post
D4n
post Jan 8 2010, 12:12 PM
Post #24

Formerly 'AirRules'

Member No.: 11,249

According to TTF the image hasn't actually been released yet, but their Admins have already seen it. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jayne
post Jan 8 2010, 12:16 PM
Post #25

Editor
Group Icon

QUOTE (chapmanmania @ Jan 8 2010, 12:05 PM) *
Maybe TTF are referring to a different brochure, but the only image of Spinball I can see, in the copy Alton uploaded to their website, it looks like the ordinary logo (on page 6 - events and celebrations).

Its in the Hotel Welcome pack, not the Hotel's brochure according to TTF (sorry for causing confusion)

This post has been edited by Jayne: Jan 8 2010, 12:17 PM

+Quote Post
Curley
post Jan 10 2010, 8:37 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 3,348

This is not the official logo; but I would expect to see something very similar for Spinball Whizzer next year....

+Quote Post
Jayne
post Jan 10 2010, 8:46 PM
Post #27

Editor
Group Icon

I personally think everyone is getting ahead of themselves concerning the name for the re-themed Spinball Whizzer. Yes, it is logical, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is not called Sonic Spinball.

+Quote Post
Hammersley
post Jan 10 2010, 9:11 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 5,458

As far as i belive, It has been confirmed as sonic spinball. If you check alton towers wikipedia, it is stated on there. (and i bet i get knocked by someone for using wiki) hehe

--------------------
Hammersley

+Quote Post
WillPS
post Jan 12 2010, 1:45 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

--------------------

+Quote Post
AstroDan
post Jan 12 2010, 8:21 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,120

QUOTE (Jayne @ Jan 7 2010, 10:29 AM) *
TTF said it was only a tiny image with a Sonic logo on the side of the car, no text or "Relaunched for 2010... " etc

I saw the image in the room brochures, and it was definitely Sonic. I think this will be a quiet relaunch - they don't want anything taking away from Thirteen!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jayne
post Jan 13 2010, 12:11 PM
Post #31

Editor
Group Icon

Not sure if anyone will be interested in this... a new trailer for the Sonic game being released in February http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a1...es-trailer.html

+Quote Post
garyholc
post Jan 18 2010, 8:50 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 870

Seen this on the ScreamScape website (posted a comment about Rita on the relevent topic) :

Sonic Spinball - Semi-Confirmed - (1/8/10) As odd at this sounds, Alton Towers will be rethemeing Spinball Whizzer for the 2010 season. Okay… we’ve heard that several times before, but the odd thing this time is the theme. The ride will be themed to SEGA’s famous videogame character, Sonic the Hedgehog, and be renamed as Sonic’s Spinball. You can even see a picture of the coaster being repainted Sonic Blue here.

+Quote Post
ridecar2
post Jan 20 2010, 10:35 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 14,629

"I'm not sure how much I should give away" - Alton Towers Staff member.

I was there the other day and slipped the idea of Sonic and spinball into the proceedings and that was the answer. To clarify a couple of things, the images are NOT currently in ANY official materials, that may be why no-one here can present the images. The re-theme is happening and should be open for Feb half-term. If I'm wrong on the images point then show pics or you ain't seen it.

--------------------
This post was designed for your comfort and enjoyment - unless I'm telling you some harsh truths!

+Quote Post
jono2day
post Jan 21 2010, 12:31 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 957

I'm not saying I fully doubt the retheme, but the retheme at the same time as launching a new SW / Rethemed Rita? Seems a bit of a mistake on AT's part.
To be honest, the retheme would do spinball some good as it never really got the attention it deserved when opening, but I still have slight doubts in my mind...

This post has been edited by jono2day: Jan 21 2010, 12:42 AM

+Quote Post
WillPS
post Jan 21 2010, 12:51 AM
Post #35

Group Icon

The ride needed work doing, and SEGA were willing to put up the cash.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ridecar2
post Jan 21 2010, 3:00 AM
Post #36

I always thought it would be licensing rights that Towers would need to buy, but cool thought, I never thought of SEGA sponsoring a ride but it does make perfect sense.

--------------------
This post was designed for your comfort and enjoyment - unless I'm telling you some harsh truths!

+Quote Post
WillPS
post Jan 21 2010, 4:13 AM
Post #37

Group Icon

I think it's 'mutually beneficial' - Sega are looking for a high-profile relaunch of the Sonic brand this year (Needlemouse).

--------------------

+Quote Post
jono2day
post Jan 21 2010, 7:02 AM
Post #38

Member No.: 957

QUOTE (WillPS @ Jan 21 2010, 4:13 AM) *
Sega are looking for a high-profile relaunch of the Sonic brand this year (Needlemouse).

Yet its barely going to get any advertising time from AT?

This post has been edited by jono2day: Jan 21 2010, 7:02 AM

+Quote Post
Boombox2009
post Jan 21 2010, 7:31 AM
Post #39

Member No.: 14,274

QUOTE (Jayne @ Jan 7 2010, 1:23 PM) *
Yes it does, I was referring to the re-themed Spinball car in the hotel brochure that TTF based their Sonic Spinball confirmation on

QUOTE (Air Dan @ Jan 8 2010, 12:12 PM) *
According to TTF the image hasn't actually been released yet, but their Admins have already seen it. smile.gif

QUOTE (AstroDan @ Jan 12 2010, 8:21 PM) *
QUOTE (Jayne @ Jan 7 2010, 10:29 AM) *
TTF said it was only a tiny image with a Sonic logo on the side of the car, no text or "Relaunched for 2010... " etc

I saw the image in the room brochures, and it was definitely Sonic. I think this will be a quiet relaunch - they don't want anything taking away from Thirteen!

QUOTE (ridecar2 @ Jan 20 2010, 10:35 PM) *
"I'm not sure how much I should give away" - Alton Towers Staff member.

I was there the other day and slipped the idea of Sonic and spinball into the proceedings and that was the answer. To clarify a couple of things, the images are NOT currently in ANY official materials, that may be why no-one here can present the images. The re-theme is happening and should be open for Feb half-term. If I'm wrong on the images point then show pics or you ain't seen it.

At present, there seems to be a lot of confusion on what the logo is, whos seen it, if its official etc. The new sonic game isnt due for release until after the feb half term opening (the new sonic game being released on the 26th feb ) thus if they wanted to launch Sonic Spinball then the ride would be open prior to the game being released which to me seems very odd. Do we have official confirmation that it will indeed be called Sonic Spinball? As ridecar2 said, the retheme is happening and should be open for feb half term but that doesnt mean to say the new logos/cars will be on the track/area by that point. It is still being marketed by Alton Towers/Merlin as Spinball Whizzer. Logic would say that if it was being launched at feb half term, that they would be calling it the new name by now?

--------------------

Diazepam = strange stuff! 01/02/10: New start, want to be re.invigored?

+Quote Post
ridecar2
post Jan 21 2010, 9:30 AM
Post #40

QUOTE (Boombox2009 @ Jan 21 2010, 7:31 AM) *
The new sonic game isnt due for release until after the feb half term opening (the new sonic game being released on the 26th feb ) thus if they wanted to launch Sonic Spinball then the ride would be open prior to the game being released which to me seems very odd.

Just a minor point there: That game isn't Project Needlemouse (the game to relaunch the brand properly.) Project Needlemouse is due out in 2011, but it may be to either promote this game or to generate advertising ready for Project Needlemouse.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2017 - 12:54 AM