Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Scarefest, Start??
Spark
post Mar 10 2010, 9:13 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

When does the Scarefest event normally start?

I was under the impression it was about the 15th of October but my mate says its earlier.

help me prove him wrong lol

--------------------
R.I.P to a classic

Its Nice To Be Important, But Its More Important To Be Nice
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snowcat
post Mar 11 2010, 6:06 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,438

QUOTE (Spark @ Mar 10 2010, 9:13 AM) *

I was under the impression it was about the 15th of October but my mate says its earlier.

*Careful to duck under the bot...*

Scarefest is aimed at the Schools October break so Yes, this year it will be around about the 15th of October and lasts about a fortnight.

In previous years, a lot of the theming goes up a few days earlier to help promote the event. The mazes have also been known to have staff-only "soft openings" to test everything and have a dress rehearsal before the paying public rumble by. This might be what your mate is thinking of. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jayne
post Mar 11 2010, 6:24 PM
Post #3

Editor
Group Icon

Group: Team Members
Member No.: 761

QUOTE (Spark @ Mar 10 2010, 9:13 AM) *

Looks like its the 16th this year, the late nights openings begin then according to the opening times on the official site - clicky

+Quote Post
jono2day
post Jul 14 2010, 3:11 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 957

In the recent interview with Morewena. Sorry, in the WORLDS SCARIEST MOST INTENSE ALL YOU CAN EAT INTERVIEW WITH MORWENA, she revealed that the hotel will once again feature scare rooms this year, and also a new maze titled 'Carnival of Screams'. Whether this is new or a replacement (FO1TS?) is still yet to be revealed.
Ever so much looking forward to this years scarefest - what stuff do people want to see changed/introduced? For me:

1) Continue having TOTT as the main attraction, upping the scare factor to become the most intense attraction in the UK
2) Introduce one new maze into the park - Carnival of Screams, and keep the other 2 in the hotel.
3) Throw some people back into the hollow. Very little effort needed but acts as a 3rd in park attraction.
4) Lighting for rides and individual areas combined with creepy music to give a thorough atmosphere, but keeping in tune with the individual park areas.

+Quote Post
babybearbarker
post Aug 8 2010, 10:35 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 14,777

QUOTE (jono2day @ Jul 14 2010, 4:11 PM) *
In the recent interview with Morewena. Sorry, in the WORLDS SCARIEST MOST INTENSE ALL YOU CAN EAT INTERVIEW WITH MORWENA, she revealed that the hotel will once again feature scare rooms this year, and also a new maze titled 'Carnival of Screams'. Whether this is new or a replacement (FO1TS?) is still yet to be revealed.
Ever so much looking forward to this years scarefest - what stuff do people want to see changed/introduced? For me:

1) Continue having TOTT as the main attraction, upping the scare factor to become the most intense attraction in the UK
2) Introduce one new maze into the park - Carnival of Screams, and keep the other 2 in the hotel.
3) Throw some people back into the hollow. Very little effort needed but acts as a 3rd in park attraction.
4) Lighting for rides and individual areas combined with creepy music to give a thorough atmosphere, but keeping in tune with the individual park areas.

Basically, they now need to make the full dark forest area part of the key theming for the whole scarefest event - they can do a lot there as there are loads of places for scareactors to hide and could do a lot of hidden smoke and light effects. This and the walk round to rita and air could be effectively used - the other areas are too open to do anything effective, apart from little un scares for the younger crowds.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2017 - 2:47 AM