Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Black Hole Tent
gta69jim
post Mar 22 2010, 7:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,771

Has anyone heard of a new compact coaster heading into the old "Black Hole" tent..? A Euro-fighter design would work well esp with loads of light effects.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
WillPS
post Mar 22 2010, 3:31 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 348

Tussauds were in the advance stages of planning a EuroFighter in the Black Hole. Merlin cancelled it at the last minute and went for Mutiny Bay/Battle Galleons instead.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Minus
post Apr 18 2010, 1:26 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,042

I had an idea for the black hole tent. I know ideas can piss people off so I'm sorry if this DOES offend you but I wont be silence just cause a few people think I'm a jumped up nerd with too much ambition.

Basically my first thought was;
You turn it into some kind of planetarium, get a projector or bunch of projectors and get a big canope in the ceiling (how much is a few projectors?).

THEN obviously, put a coaster in the midst of it. You have some kind of ride through space...A reincarnation of the Black Hole.

Then I thought about an erlier idea I had which was the concept of some kind of comfort coaster. You make really comfortable seats and restraints. Obviously you would HAVE to advertise it with those traits.

Now you may think that all you want is more Gs, more speed, more loops and bigger hills but what if like me, you eventually get sick of all the violence and would like a break?

It was the Bat Ride at chessington that inspired this part of the idea. Last year I found myself, unwittingly, in the position of actually really enjoying the ride and as I asked myself why, it became obvious that it was because it was easier on the body. It glides and banks in such a way that is actually pretty pleasent ( I guess that was part of the reason it was themed to bats, bats fly, flight is nice but bats are scary)

So basically I thought that if you could exagerate those traits and make the car just very comfortable, rather than making sure its not TOO comfortable(as Im sure this is what they do) you would get an interesting new angle on coasters that is most probably marketable.

So thats the idea; Planetarium (3D or not 3D) + Comfort Coaster = lovely ride through space.
What do ya think???

This post has been edited by Minus: Apr 18 2010, 1:50 AM

+Quote Post
WillPS
post Apr 18 2010, 2:03 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Nowhere near enough space.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ewan2000
post Apr 18 2010, 9:48 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 14,722

Maybe a 4D simulator!

--------------------
Please visit my Alton Towers fansite: Towers Spy

+Quote Post
WillPS
post Apr 18 2010, 5:00 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

They're just lame.

There's enough room in there for an ultra-compact coaster and little else. I'd love a Maurer (that's a dirty word with Towers but then so is INTAMIN) or a Gerstlauer.

This post has been edited by WillPS: Apr 18 2010, 5:01 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Minus
post Apr 19 2010, 11:31 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (WillPS @ Apr 18 2010, 2:03 AM) *
Nowhere near enough space.

Youre probably right there with regards to the coaster. The bends would have to be quite wide angles. The projector would work though...

+Quote Post
garyholc
post Apr 20 2010, 8:37 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 870

There is something on the ATA facebook page today saying the tent had a repaint this week and its being used a test area for new rides....

+Quote Post
chapmanmania
post Apr 20 2010, 8:58 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 12,800

QUOTE (garyholc @ Apr 20 2010, 9:37 PM) *
There is something on the ATA facebook page today saying the tent had a repaint this week and its being used a test area for new rides....

Not quite. The coaster was bought by Gerstlauer and they've painted it with the hope of getting someone to purchase it. There's photos of it on Coasters and More.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Minus
post Apr 21 2010, 12:00 AM
Post #10

Cool to see it like that.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic