Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Pathway between Dark Forest and Forbidden Valley?
macman
post Aug 7 2010, 9:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,925

Hi, I apologise if something exists (I have never seen one) - but why isn't there a simple walkway path linking Dark Forest and Forbidden Valley?? If you want to ride Thi3teen, then fancied Air or Nemesis, you have either catch a cable car or walk the long way round via the Towers, lakes, Mutiny Bay, Katanga Canyon, Gloomy Wood etc... quite a walk!?

If you Google map the area there seems to be a fairly straightforward passageway that can be created through the woods to join the 2 areas and make the park feel totally accessible!?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Coaster_Dude
post Aug 7 2010, 10:28 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 946

There's the cross valley pathway which is signposted in both directions, it's a bit of a walk because of the hills but it's a direct route between the two areas.

--------------------

+Quote Post
macman
post Aug 7 2010, 10:33 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 14,925

QUOTE (Coaster_Dude @ Aug 7 2010, 11:28 PM) *
There's the cross valley pathway which is signposted in both directions, it's a bit of a walk because of the hills but it's a direct route between the two areas.

Many thanks coaster_dude. it would be nice though if AT could really develop the area and make it a much more accessible and significant path (for wheelchairs/pushchairs too).

+Quote Post
Coaster_Dude
post Aug 7 2010, 10:47 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 946

I think realistically because of the terrain it would be too expensive to turn it into a smooth paved and fully ramped area, it's exhausting enough just walking on your own, let alone pushing a pushchair as well! The skyride does the equivalent job really, provided it's running.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jono2day
post Aug 27 2010, 12:45 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 957

I quite like it as the shortcut it is at the momment. Its never busy, kind of takes you away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the park. Plus, in a weird way, it kind of dissipates the queues and busyness. Dark Forest and Forbidden Valley are the parks 2 big thrill areas - having them linked in a more obvious fashion would keep this side of the park constantly busy?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2017 - 8:47 AM