Reply to this topicStart new topic
Firefox Bug
Ben
post May 17 2010, 4:20 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 284

Getting a very odd bug, on my home and work machines, both Macs running Snow Leopard, in Firefox.

No cursor in the posting box, and I can't select any text, if I try it crashes Firefox. The result is that to delete any text I have to go backwards from the last character typed and delete everything I've written up to that point. Quite annoying.

Anyone else having this problem? Limited to Firefox (doesn't happen in Chrome), but guessing it's a wider problem as I get it on two different machines.

-----

EDIT:
Ok, no sooner had I posted this I found a topic on Google, it's an Invision wide problem, but you can fix it by disabling the rich text editor with the button in the top right corner of the post screen and it works fine. Appears the latest Firefox on Mac/Linux doesn't like the rich text editor. Boo!

This post has been edited by Ben: May 17 2010, 4:25 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Inaudible-Whispe...
post May 18 2010, 12:14 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8

Been having that problem for a while now with Firefox on both my Windows machines. I figured it must be an add-on interfering, but maybe not. I don't seem to have a problem with any other site and your fix worked! Thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Inverted Reality
post May 18 2010, 8:29 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 85

Thanks Ben. I've been having that problem for a while now and just posting rubbish and then going back to edit them which worked fine.

--------------------
I'm on iTunes!! as well as Amazon, emusic, ilike, immergent, last.fm, MOG, myspace, napster, and rhapsody.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2017 - 11:14 AM