Reply to this topicStart new topic
Trip Report 28/29th May 2010
AstroDan
post Jun 3 2010, 3:39 PM
Post #21

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 1,120

I totally agree with all the comments about OTT Marketing. It is stupid and overblown.

It's just I kinda got over that when I saw the plans.

It's a lot better than RMT, though...!

laugh.gif

This post has been edited by AstroDan: Jun 3 2010, 3:40 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hex
post Jun 4 2010, 10:16 AM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,842

QUOTE (AstroDan @ Jun 3 2010, 4:39 PM) *
It's a lot better than RMT, though...!

In my opinion RMT is a great ride, so Thirteen should be even better!

Just looking forward to the other bits on the Ten Year Plan now though smile.gif

Proper Coaster aimed at Thrill Seekers?

--------------------
QUOTE (Rollercoaster Tycoon @ Jun 24 2007, 6:24 PM) *
I am willing to turn a blind eye to poor safety regimes as long as they get the theming right. In Six Flags, we get neither.

+Quote Post
mark9
post Jun 4 2010, 1:53 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 281

What kind of intense rollercoaster would you like? They have Nemesis, Oblivion, Rita and at a push Air, which cover very different thrill sensations. What would compliment them without being overshadowed or overshadowing another.

--------------------

I find your lack of Christmas spirit disturbing.
In memory of Ross Power- March 29th 1990 - February 4th 2006

+Quote Post
andy talocanham
post Jun 4 2010, 2:01 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 1,363

I will back Astro Dan up, its more thrilling then the RMT, well, a little. The dark section of Thirteen i really enjoy, however, the trims let it down for me. And the staff batching however that may have been that day only. Once they have ironed the issues out with it, the ride will get through loads of people an hour, which is good, and for teenagers as a first coaster its a good introduction. The marketing was a complete joke and still is.

Mark, good point. I think that Alton do have a good selection of thrill rides, yes, they will need an addition in a few years, but i think as a line up its quite impressive. One ride they could do is another Launch coaster, it can not be as bad as Rita wink.gif

--------------------

Rita: The Ultimate Ride for people who cant go on Stealth

+Quote Post
garyholc
post Jun 4 2010, 2:03 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 870

B&M Floorless please

+Quote Post
hex
post Jun 4 2010, 2:40 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 1,842

QUOTE (mark9 @ Jun 4 2010, 2:53 PM) *
What kind of intense rollercoaster would you like? They have Nemesis, Oblivion, Rita and at a push Air, which cover very different thrill sensations. What would compliment them without being overshadowed or overshadowing another.

I'd like to see either a B&M Sit Down or an advanced extra quiet woodie to shut the residents up smile.gif

I don't think we need anything soon really, maybe in about 5 years. Until a few years back Alton was lacking when it came to really solid family rides. The addition of Battle Galleons and Thirteen have strengthened this, Mutiny Bay looks awesome as an area too. Cloud Cuckoo Land has really improved Cred Street, Alton are building up a good lineup that covers the whole family. Thrill Seekers have got X-Sector and Forbidden Valley, Children have CCL and Old Macdonalds Farm and then the other areas pretty much cater for everyone.

The only major thing that needs improving at the moment in my opinion is the Flume which is going a bit down bank. But, it's still a great ride that still has long queues.

I realise that I have taken this topic a bit off topic!

--------------------
QUOTE (Rollercoaster Tycoon @ Jun 24 2007, 6:24 PM) *
I am willing to turn a blind eye to poor safety regimes as long as they get the theming right. In Six Flags, we get neither.

+Quote Post
cookiee_munster
post Jun 4 2010, 3:54 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 32

QUOTE (garyholc @ Jun 4 2010, 3:03 PM) *
B&M Floorless please

Oh God, yes please!

--------------------
Hush Your Lips, Or I Shall Cut Them Off, Place Them Upon Your Mother, And Kiss Her...

+Quote Post
Jay
post Jun 4 2010, 10:13 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 52

A B&M Floorless would have been nice, and maybe looked at adding audio to the trains to tell a story whilst riding, this was recently added to an existing floorless coaster Link...

I know the park has height restrictions but they overcome these and produced Nemesis, one example of a Floorless which seems to be smaller than most is Hydra the Revenge.

--------------------
"evolution is just solution, man"

+Quote Post
cookiee_munster
post Jun 4 2010, 11:57 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 32

We need B&M. We need trenches. end of!

--------------------
Hush Your Lips, Or I Shall Cut Them Off, Place Them Upon Your Mother, And Kiss Her...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2017 - 11:42 AM