Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
29/04/2010 Trip Report
ian_tabs
post May 2 2010, 9:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,781

Visited on Thursday 29th April, two lots of bad traffic meant we didn't arrive until 10:45am (we're usually in the park by 9:30am). Ticket booths were busy, however even by 11:00am queues were only in the 15-30 minute range for the major rides and virtually none for others.

Through the day we managed:

* Flume (no queue)
* RMT (no queue)
* Rapids (no queue)
* Air (boards said 40 minute queue - actually only 30 minutes)
* Nemesis (boards said 30 minute queue - actually only 20 minutes)
* Flume (5 minute queue)
* Rapids (10 minute queue)
* RMT (no queue)
* Duel (no queue)
* Air (boards said 45 minute queue - actually only 30 minutes)
* CATCF (no queue)
* Rapids (15 minute queue)

The park was the busiest I've seen it in the last six visits (since April 2008 - all weekdays). By the time we got off CATCF just after 4:00pm it had started raining pretty heavy - so we (like quite a few others) decided one more soaking on the Rapids wouldn't do any harm.

Unfortunately didn't get a chance to ride Thirteen (had been closed since 2:00pm on 27th apparently) and because of this didn't get to ride Rita either (queue was to the ride-entrance most of the day). Guest Services informed us that they have had the same issue (no details given other than that it is 'unsafe') with the ride several times now with temporary fixes each time the issue has risen, and as such this time they are having the problem 'rectified for good'. (EDIT: Although a friend went on the 30th and it was open again???)

The Dark Forest gets 3 / 5 from me - good ideas and some good execution, but still feels like Ug Land with some vines in most places (although Rita's control booth is excellent). Also, I don't understand the people who think the scaffolding on the Thirteen Crypt is there because it is unfinished - to me it is very clearly theming - but that isn't to say it's fully-appropriate.

Overall a good day - no breakdowns on open rides (at least when we were there) but I have to take back some comments made in the Thirteen forum about Alton - whether our previous visits have just been lucky I don't know - but today was the worst visit in three years.

To sum-up, although we had a good day, it didn't come without its flaws - anyone thinking of visiting in the near-future should expect a busier-than-normal day, and should not expect Thirteen to be open.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Altonator
post May 2 2010, 9:43 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 471

Good trip report there smile.gif cheers for that. Was Oblivion down? Just wondering because you don't mention anything
about X Sector?

--------------------
Altonator

Whatever the weather outside it's always tropical at CARIBA CREEK

+Quote Post
ian_tabs
post May 4 2010, 12:17 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 14,781

QUOTE (Altonator @ May 2 2010, 10:43 PM) *
Good trip report there :) cheers for that. Was Oblivion down? Just wondering because you don't mention anything
about X Sector?

We're not big fans of anything in X Sector so didn't visit at all on the day. As far as I can remember it wasn't down at all but the queue time was at the higher-end right from the start of the day.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2017 - 7:13 AM