Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Family Visit on 4/5 June
lozkin
post May 28 2010, 10:16 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,865

Hi guys, me my partner and 4 year old son are going to Alton Towers next Friday & Saturday - I havent been for about 15 years, same with my partner, and my son has never been. My partner loves all the big coasters, as for me, my stomach cant really handle the big stuff - I like the water rides, and the arcades!. My son must take after his mom - he is absolutely fearless! He loves everything. We went to Drayton Manor about a year ago when he was aged 3, and he went on everything he could, including the buffallo coaster, the coaster thing in thomas land, the rapids, the teacups etc, and didnt really understand why he wasnt allowed on the bigger rides!

I've been looking on the website at the height restrictions, and noticed a lot of rides, such as the log flume, pirate ship, runaway mine train - the sort of medium thrill rides, require a minimum height of 0.9m. My boy is 1.1m, but im still a little wary of allowing him on these sorts of rides. Has anyone ever taken a 4 year old on these rides??

We booked online so have ERT for both days (i presume?) and we booked the Fastrack Adventurer for each day, so we get 1 queue jump on the log flume, rapids, runaway mine train and charlie and the cholocate factory ride - can anyone advise us how to make best use of this?

My thoughts were to use the ERT on both days to allow my partner to go on the coasters in the first hour as she wont want to spend the whole day queuing on her own, and try and get on other rides we all like between 10-1 and the last hour of the day when it should be quieter. I guess the busiest times of the day are from about 11-3 (although I may be wrong), so I thought we would probably use our fastrack adventurer passes during this period.

We have the mini golf booked for the friday, and plan to go there about 6pm as its open until 8pm, and i guess we will do it all again on saturday!

Can anyone offer tips, advice or guidance as how we can make the most of the days

Thanks!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Altonator
post May 29 2010, 9:09 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 471

QUOTE (lozkin @ May 28 2010, 11:16 AM) *
My thoughts were to use the ERT on both days to allow my partner to go on the coasters in the first hour as she wont want to spend the whole day queuing on her own, and try and get on other rides we all like between 10-1 and the last hour of the day when it should be quieter. I guess the busiest times of the day are from about 11-3 (although I may be wrong), so I thought we would probably use our fastrack adventurer passes during this period.

You are correct about the times of the day smile.gif
Perhaps your partner could use the single riders queues as this saves loads of time and may allow numerous rerides if she wishes.
SRQ is on
Nemesis
Air
Sonic Spinball
Rita
Thirteen and
Oblivion
Hope this helps smile.gif

This post has been edited by Altonator: May 29 2010, 9:12 PM

--------------------
Altonator

Whatever the weather outside it's always tropical at CARIBA CREEK