3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Rides unavailable at Thorpe Park today- Slammer, collosus,tidal wave,P
mark9
post Mar 29 2006, 10:57 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 281

Yeah but Andy Alton dead is completely different to Thorpe dead. There were 700 people at Thorpe yesterday. It's not worth running Inferno on 2 trains if only 15 seats out of 56 are going to be filled each time.

As for the other rides, they each have a valid reason for being down, and while its unfortunate that they all happen to be on the same week

To be honest, even if they were rushing to finish Stealth, the rest of the park SHOULD still be ready, i mean, that if you have a major ride being built, you still would focus on the rest. And the Thorpe Park maintance team only joined in the last few weeks from what i heard, so in my opinion its a shambles, a complete joke.

Thing is most of the rides were ready. Colossus and Inferno had 2 trains raring to go, most of the flats were ready and only really Slammer and Tidal Wave were un-ready. There playing it safe by doing Stealth's thorough check now, rather then doing it in the Easter Holiday's.

--------------------

I find your lack of Christmas spirit disturbing.
In memory of Ross Power- March 29th 1990 - February 4th 2006
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AstroDan
post Mar 29 2006, 12:10 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 1,120

mark9, you're giving Thorpe to much satisfaction.Yes, the reasons for rides being down is obviously genuine - they clearly wouldn't just close rides willy-nilly but at the end of the day, their planning should be such that all the rides are ready to open 100% at the start of the season - otherwise, what's the point of opening on 15th March? Granted maybe the errors weren't forseeable but they shouldn't pack in so soon after theoretical annual maintainence. They'd have been better waiting until 1st April if they couldn't do it in time.

Andyc, I agree with mark9 that Thorpe empty (700 people) would only require one train on Inferno operating. Alton quiet is probably double or triple that figure simply because it's a more popular park. Running one train doesn't hinder your day in the slightest but if it gets busy they should run more, obviously.

Back to the original point, If the rides were ready, then why are X:/, Vortex, Slammer, Stealth, Colossus, Pirates 4D and Tidal Wave suffering such problems? I can partly understand teething problems with Stealth... but the rest? blink.gif I don't think anyone can/should stick up for Thorpe at this time. Like i said, it's OK if you've an annual pass and live an hour away but if you have driven 2 1/2 hours and/or have paid the best part of 30 each it's a different kettle of fish.

This post has been edited by AstroDancer: Mar 29 2006, 1:02 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
andy talocanham
post Mar 29 2006, 2:30 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 1,363

QUOTE (mark9 @ Mar 29 2006, 11:57 AM) *
Yeah but Andy Alton dead is completely different to Thorpe dead. There were 700 people at Thorpe yesterday. It's not worth running Inferno on 2 trains if only 15 seats out of 56 are going to be filled each time.

As for the other rides, they each have a valid reason for being down, and while its unfortunate that they all happen to be on the same week

To be honest, even if they were rushing to finish Stealth, the rest of the park SHOULD still be ready, i mean, that if you have a major ride being built, you still would focus on the rest. And the Thorpe Park maintance team only joined in the last few weeks from what i heard, so in my opinion its a shambles, a complete joke.

Thing is most of the rides were ready. Colossus and Inferno had 2 trains raring to go, most of the flats were ready and only really Slammer and Tidal Wave were un-ready. There playing it safe by doing Stealth's thorough check now, rather then doing it in the Easter Holiday's.

Yeah, fair point on the numbers in the park and Inferno running only one train. Maintaine shoulc be planned better at Thorpe and i know they have had problems not all realting to Thorpe themselves but i do aggre with AstroDancer, if you have an annual pass you dont mind, but travelling all the way down and finding that, would not be happy as a paying guest from miles away.

--------------------

Rita: The Ultimate Ride for people who cant go on Stealth

+Quote Post
Dr Pop Rocket
post Mar 29 2006, 3:51 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 1,254

Remember it is not always thorpes fault. It can be the ride manufacturers fault if they do not send out replacement parts in time. Also about stealth, take it this way say thorpe did not do this check up and it broke down in the easter holidays everyone would be moaning, by doing these checks now when its quiet means there is less chance of stealth breaking down in the easter holidays. Also at least they tell you on there site if a ride is closed or not, check on there site and if you see a ride like stealth is broke down dont go, wait till it is open and go another time, then you wont be moaning and complaining about stealth being closed wrecking your day.

This post has been edited by Dr Pop Rocket: Mar 29 2006, 3:53 PM

--------------------
I AM THE AMAZING TIME TRAVELLING DR POP ROCKET.

+Quote Post
Gem
post Mar 29 2006, 4:06 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 194

QUOTE (AstroDancer @ Mar 29 2006, 01:10 PM) *
Like i said, it's OK if you've an annual pass and live an hour away but if you have driven 2 1/2 hours and/or have paid the best part of 30 each it's a different kettle of fish.

Try 5 hours each way on trains (60), a couple of taxis, overnight accommodation, entrance ticket, and bargaining with an ex for babysitting. smile.gif

(And hey, all those tequila slammers weren't cheap either...)

Still, if rides are down and the weather is bad, that can't be helped. I just think that every effort should be made to compensate for the problems - if they are unable to keep enough rides operating on the day, then they should make up for it.

And no, a freebie ticket to Thorpe Park is not going to be much use to me, as I explained on the day. So I wait with bated breath to see what this huge corporation are going to offer me, the disgruntled little customer.

(Still no letter this morning.)

--------------------

They'll never rest until they've spoiled the earth. - Fiver, Watership Down.

+Quote Post
Graeme
post Mar 29 2006, 4:26 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 866

QUOTE (Gem @ Mar 29 2006, 05:06 PM) *
QUOTE (AstroDancer @ Mar 29 2006, 01:10 PM) *
Like i said, it's OK if you've an annual pass and live an hour away but if you have driven 2 1/2 hours and/or have paid the best part of 30 each it's a different kettle of fish.

Try 5 hours each way on trains (60), a couple of taxis, overnight accommodation, entrance ticket, and bargaining with an ex for babysitting. smile.gif

You did get the ticket cheap off a wannabe tout though wink.gif. Was gutted for you lot, If I went all the way To Alton in June and found out many major rides weren't working I would not be amused, even more so then I was after my trip on 15th and 18th March to Thorpe!

--------------------
Thank you for watching SanBrooke productions!

+Quote Post
Gem
post Mar 29 2006, 4:38 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

Shhh, you'll ruin my whiter-than-white image! smile.gif

I just fell off the moral high ground and now my halo's all wonky.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mark9
post Mar 29 2006, 8:21 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 281

If the rides were ready, then why are X:/, Vortex, Slammer, Stealth, Colossus, Pirates 4D and Tidal Wave suffering such problems?

X:\- Wasn't open when I went due to a power cut. Couldn't say on its reliability since as I haven't been.
Vortex- Erm, no idea
Slammer- No idea. When it did open it threw a wobbly and got stuck in the air again.
Stealth- Planned maintenance, and I'd rather have it done now then next week.
Colossus- No idea. Its open again now, but I'm clueless on the problem.
Pirates 4D- Hate it anyway, couldn't say why
Tidal Wave- Chain wasn't delivered I think. Can't run a ride without the chain. tongue.gif

Don't think I'm playing into Thorpe's hands though, I agree that Thorpe's reliability is at an all time low, and considering there isn't an hour go by at the place that a ride doesn't destroy itself, I find it quite maddening.

--------------------

I find your lack of Christmas spirit disturbing.
In memory of Ross Power- March 29th 1990 - February 4th 2006

+Quote Post
AstroDan
post Mar 31 2006, 5:14 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

Wahey... and now Stealth is down until April 5th... Wow. Go to Thorpe Park and you can ride two coasters! Nemesis Inferno and... X;/. What a day out!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Howie
post Mar 31 2006, 6:13 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 1,271

Luckily I'm not going til the 7th... but I suppose it could just as easily pack-up again before then and the way things are going at the moment, God only knows what other rides will be down on the day....

Got a fast-track for Stealth included in the ticket price so if it ain't working, I'll be joining the ever growing number of people on here writing a strongly worded letter to the White Star Line. Or something...

This post has been edited by Howie: Mar 31 2006, 6:14 PM

+Quote Post
andy talocanham
post Apr 1 2006, 9:00 AM
Post #31

Member No.: 1,363

By the 7th everything could be gone smile.gif The fast track ticket would be great, if it ever opens again. Sorry, i like someones quote above, come to Thorpe and goon two coasters, X-No-way out (And thats not worth a penny) and Nemesis Inferno (which is good but worth 25 for a ticket). I think not.

--------------------

Rita: The Ultimate Ride for people who cant go on Stealth

+Quote Post
Fright Time
post Apr 1 2006, 2:26 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 709

I'm going on Good Friday (14th), 2 Weeks. Anyone know whether Colossus will be open by then?....
I just looked at the Thorpe Website and it says Colossus is closed and Stealth is opening on the 5th, so Slammer must be open now.
Edit: Just read the post above, what do you means about the Fasttrack gone? I just booked thorpe this morning and i have booked the Extreme Adrenaline Fasttrack!

This post has been edited by Fright Time: Apr 1 2006, 2:28 PM

--------------------
Next Park- The Towers in July.

+Quote Post
Howie
post Apr 1 2006, 4:41 PM
Post #33

Yeah, whaddya mean Fast-track gone?
Fast-track packages for Stealth are still for sale on the official website, surely they can't be allowed to sell them if they're not actually available to use? False advertising and all that?

+Quote Post
DragonGuardian
post Apr 2 2006, 1:17 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 1,185

Not anymore:

QUOTE ( Thorpe Park Site)
Extreme Fastrack: There's something for everyone with this legendary lineup - Colossus, Nemesis Inferno, X:\ No Way Out and either Logger's Leap or Tidal Wave. Book now to Fastrack the queue!

Adrenalin Fastrack: Can't wait to ride Rush, Samurai, Slammer and Vortex? Then pick this option now!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gem
post Apr 5 2006, 8:44 PM
Post #35

Group Icon

Right, I have now definitely waited the fortnight they said it would take them to respond to my complaint. And I've added a few extra days' grace, to allow for postal delays etc.

I feel a Letter brewing. I'll give them until the start of next week. That's three clear weeks to come up with a decent apology.

dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AstroDan
post Apr 5 2006, 10:05 PM
Post #36

Group Icon

Definitely, that is appalling service, Gem. Seems worse than Alton Towers? :crying: Mind you I thought my on ride flume photo would have arrived by today but it hasn't yet grrr... i was too late for the photo point on Monday see... sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex
post Apr 6 2006, 12:20 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 238

QUOTE (Howie @ Apr 1 2006, 05:41 PM) *
Yeah, whaddya mean Fast-track gone?

The free version where you scan your ticket, first-come first-served, to get a time slot later in the day.

+Quote Post
Howie
post Apr 6 2006, 8:11 PM
Post #38

Phew! Was worried there for a sec.
It is, of course, all completely redundant if the bloomin' ride ain't working anyway...

+Quote Post
eyeamthu1
post Apr 6 2006, 10:19 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 17

In case anyone's interested, all rides were operating fairly well, except Slammer, which tested, but had few (if any) riders, and Stealth which was operating on/off all day - lots of breakdowns...

--------------------

Check out my New Element Spotlight RCT2 park: Magic Realms Resort

+Quote Post
Howie
post Apr 10 2006, 1:26 AM
Post #40

Ditto for the 7th April. Managed to get a go on Slammer but feel very lucky to have done so..

Several Stealth breakdowns, but most sorted within an hour.

Otherwise A OK.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2017 - 7:09 AM