5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter, Universal Orlando Resort 2009
tiger2000
post May 31 2007, 10:07 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 280

BBC News are reporing that Universal Orlando are planning to open a new Theme Park in 2009 themed around the locations and characters from the Harry Potter Books and Movies.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6706939.stm
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zippy
post May 31 2007, 10:28 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 18

On a personl note the theme is dreadful, im not a HP fan at all. But I guess thats how some people feel walking through Marvel Island at IOA.

+Quote Post
eyeamthu1
post May 31 2007, 10:42 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 17

Slightly inaccurate article. It's not a new theme park, it's a new themed land within Islands of Adventure, as has been recently rumoured. It's going to be built somewhere around the Lost Continent island, and although it's apparently going to be a separate 'island', attractions like the Flying Unicorn and Dueling Dragons may be incorporated into the Harry Potter area... As far as I know, the Lost Continent will stay in some shape or form. I think it's good news that a Harry Potter area/attraction will be made, but not sure about how it'll effect the Lost Continent area, which is already a great section of the park - I wouldn't want them to 'ruin it'. The announcement is pretty vague - it just says they're opening a new area - I guess we'll just have to wait for more info and see how this turns out. Apparently it's meant to open 'late 2009' - which means I may delay my planned 2009 Florida trip. sad.gif

--------------------

Check out my New Element Spotlight RCT2 park: Magic Realms Resort

+Quote Post
Zippy
post May 31 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Just read the press release over on Screamscape and it's made me feel mor eoptimistic about it. smile.gif

I don't think they'll touch any existing areas, and serious expansion of IOA can only be a good thing.

+Quote Post
PaulMorgster
post May 31 2007, 11:28 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 21

I like the idea of a Harry Potter land and I agree it should only be done if it's in a whole new area, not over taking anything.

--------------------
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurios pronsite of 'hot XXX galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning,
And my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour.
"Tis not possible!", I muttered, "give me back my free hardcore!"
Quoth the Server,

+Quote Post
darkomangagirl
post May 31 2007, 5:05 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,332

Yeah, I'm a big harry fan and would love to experience it! Becoming a wizard for the day can only be a good thing and hogwarts would make me feel so young, ahh!

--------------------
'What's that, you want to kill everyone and make a pretty picture out of their body parts? Come with me, take these tablets. Let's play a game of cluedo.' 2nd yr MH nurse, UOM.

+Quote Post
Sheikra182
post May 31 2007, 7:11 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 4,062

I have read about it at Screamscape and I like the idea alot! I cant wait for 2009 when it opens. Also just to let everyone know that Coaster Dimension will have coverage on the construction of the area because I am a local to IOA so I will be able to get out there. But I will be at the park tommarrow so I will make sure I see what I can find for you guys on the beginning of the construction stages. Check into Coaster Dimension over the next few months for coverage of the area.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zippy
post Jun 1 2007, 11:45 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

It's a good idea, but I can't help but be dissapointed to read on Screamscape that theres a good chance DD will be re-themed. sad.gif

+Quote Post
John
post Jun 1 2007, 5:56 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 375

The best thing about all of this is, this will give Disney a major kick up the arse. First of all, this has been in limbo for nearly a decade, as Rowling is extremely protective of her vision and material, and so not only did Universal put up the cash ahead of Disney, they impressed her with their concepts and designs.

Whilst we probably consider Disney to be the best parks in the world, and they are in many cases, the industry suggests that the overall standard at the resort is slipping, and they have many cracks to mend. This Harry Potter investment will likely raise the bar (again), and considering the sheer financial weight and popularity of Potter, bring more people to IOA than, um... IOA did.

+Quote Post
Rollercoaster Ty...
post Jun 4 2007, 8:17 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 1,809

Well well well. laugh.gif

I am very excited with this news. IMO, this makes IOA even further ahead of all European parks.

I hope ALTON TOWERS are listening, and don't try torespond by introducing another Spinball Whizzer. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
RPG
post Jun 4 2007, 8:30 PM
Post #11

Şetta Er Allt Öğruvísi
Group Icon

Group: Team Members
Member No.: 65

Harry Potter is like Marmite. You either love it, or hate it.

Personally, I hate it. Can't stand JK at all, really think she should crawl off under a rock somewhere.

I for one, won't be visiting by choice, and if they re-theme DD to something HP based, then my last ride was the other month tongue.gif

--------------------
RPG was a member here during the decade of 2000 while 2009. May his wonderful 'poasts' live on to inspire future generations.

+Quote Post
PaulMorgster
post Jun 4 2007, 9:00 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 21

I love marmite, I mean Harry Potter, and it does look like in the article on the other topic supplied by cookie monster, DD will be rethemed, to the tri wizard tournamnet, and the queue line will loose a lot of it's scaryness. The flying unicorn will be the flying hipogriff. It is a slight shame to change DD but I am not too fussed as its the rides I love, and I actually like the HP ideas they have they work and fit well, not just a tacky change. The flying unicron never been on so flying hipogriff to me sounds ace.

Really looking forward to it

--------------------
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurios pronsite of 'hot XXX galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning,
And my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour.
"Tis not possible!", I muttered, "give me back my free hardcore!"
Quoth the Server,

+Quote Post
cookiee_munster
post Oct 19 2007, 4:58 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 32

Does anyone know about the proposed E Ticket attraction that will be installed. im uber curious, but cant seem to find any fresh information bar the press release.

what ive read is, the sinbad stunt show will be area for a flying car attraction... hmmm...

im still not feeling this btw. harry potter come theme park attraction. meh sad.gif

--------------------
Hush Your Lips, Or I Shall Cut Them Off, Place Them Upon Your Mother, And Kiss Her...

+Quote Post
eyeamthu1
post Oct 20 2007, 12:57 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 17

I think the e-ticket ride is meant to be the Flying Car attraction, which is rumoured to be this new robocoaster design. It's basically a car on a robotic arm which runs on a roller coaster track... confused? See a picture here: http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/images/uplo...coaster-web.jpg Universal have snapped up the rights to this design for the next 10years, so put two and two together and you'd guess this'd be the new Harry Potter e-ticket attraction. If it turns out to be true, I'm thinking it'll kind of be like a cross between their Spider-Man ride and a coaster.

Otherwise, all information and news on the Harry Potter land seems to have dried up... I haven't heard anything else about it. However, I'm pretty interested to see what the other parks do in response. I mean, Universal opening Harry Potter is a big thing - the other parks are going to have to respond and open some big rides of their own. Already there are rumours of B&Ms going into Sea World and Busch Gardens in 2009 or 10, and I assume Disney must have something up their sleeves too. Whatever you think of the Harry Potter attractions, at least it should be a catalyst for more great new rides in Florida.

--------------------

Check out my New Element Spotlight RCT2 park: Magic Realms Resort

+Quote Post
cookiee_munster
post Oct 20 2007, 1:42 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (eyeamthu1 @ Oct 20 2007, 01:57 AM) *
Whatever you think of the Harry Potter attractions, at least it should be a catalyst for more great new rides in Florida.

very true indeedo. im intrigued as to what Disney have planned. usually im an avid reader on whats to come. but havent heard anything about a major ride coming since exhibition everest... something NEEDS to go in that bloody lagoon! well... the area where the lagoon was tongue.gif

--------------------
Hush Your Lips, Or I Shall Cut Them Off, Place Them Upon Your Mother, And Kiss Her...

+Quote Post
Jim
post Oct 20 2007, 8:58 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 869

I think the Dumbledore ride will be a launch coaster themed with a closet-style station.

+Quote Post
cookiee_munster
post Oct 21 2007, 2:30 AM
Post #17

now now tongue.gif i seriously wasnt expecting it either.

you should see my installations i make. Dumbledore would be well proud of me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trev
post Oct 23 2007, 6:25 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 258

There was sounds of construction going on behind Jurassic Park yesterday, which is where Hogwarts is meant to be. Talking to a DD attendant and he said the latest rumour rather then D be rethemed to a Triwizard event it'd be a Gryffindor vs Slytherin Quidditch match. Which would mean the entire area would need to be redone, station, queue line and the lake outside would need to be changed. So I'm not sure with that one.

+Quote Post
cookiee_munster
post Oct 23 2007, 7:23 PM
Post #19

i think thats just ideas of other peoples that have been posted on discussion boards. i hope it is anyway tongue.gif im muchly prefering the tri-wizard theme. but id still settle for just plain old original duelling dragons theme anyday! smile.gif

i thought u worked at disney?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trev
post Oct 25 2007, 1:28 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 258

I do indeed work at Disney, but I have an AP to Universal so was there on Monday.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2017 - 2:38 PM