The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter, Universal Orlando Resort 2009
Jayne
post Mar 17 2009, 9:50 AM
Post #81

Editor
Group Icon

Group: Team Members
Member No.: 761

Construction pics can be found on Orlando Rocks, artwork on the official website

This post has been edited by Jayne: Mar 17 2009, 9:51 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cookiee_munster
post Jun 4 2009, 2:14 AM
Post #82

Group: Members
Member No.: 32

for anyone interested, these two sites have got a few shots of recent consrtuction, and the theming/landscaping for the new land. im pretty impressed!

clicky

clicky

enjoy! smile.gif

--------------------
Hush Your Lips, Or I Shall Cut Them Off, Place Them Upon Your Mother, And Kiss Her...

+Quote Post
cookiee_munster
post Oct 21 2009, 2:30 AM
Post #83

a video has recently cropped up showing you an aerial view of the creation of the hogwarts castle, as well as the surrounding area. i knew it was big, but i didnt know it was THAT big. lol. that show building is mahusive!

>>>CLICK<<<

--------------------
Hush Your Lips, Or I Shall Cut Them Off, Place Them Upon Your Mother, And Kiss Her...

+Quote Post
darkomangagirl
post Nov 20 2009, 7:37 PM
Post #84

Member No.: 1,332

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blog/article/89...theme-park.html EEEEK biggrin.gif

--------------------
'What's that, you want to kill everyone and make a pretty picture out of their body parts? Come with me, take these tablets. Let's play a game of cluedo.' 2nd yr MH nurse, UOM.

+Quote Post
cookiee_munster
post Dec 30 2009, 3:52 AM
Post #85

castle is coming along nicely smile.gif

more over at orlandounited.com

--------------------

+Quote Post
thekitkatshuffle...
post Jan 3 2010, 5:53 PM
Post #86

Hopping in puddles since 1984
Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 28

That's properly stunning! blink.gif

Should look even better once they've got some flags and banners up to add colour to the rather grey pallet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cookiee_munster
post Apr 5 2010, 12:14 PM
Post #87

Here's a good look at the place.

--------------------

+Quote Post
meames
post Apr 5 2010, 9:32 PM
Post #88

Member No.: 11

I have been watching this come along all this time with no excitement what-so-ever, but I have just booked to visit Florida in January and now am so excited about this.......that Robo-Coaster thing scares the stuff out of me though.....looking forward to the 1st reviews of that.

--------------------

-I was God Once
-Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everybody died

+Quote Post
cookiee_munster
post Apr 5 2010, 10:22 PM
Post #89

QUOTE (meames @ Apr 5 2010, 10:32 PM) *
that Robo-Coaster thing scares the stuff out of me though.....looking forward to the 1st reviews of that.

yes, i too was like "urgh" about it. im not sure if your feelings are because it'll sway the crap out of you (which is what ive been thinking), but because the harry potter land is mostly family oriented, i cant see it being too "turbulent" tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
meames
post Apr 5 2010, 11:20 PM
Post #90

Yeah, the swinging thing I thought may make me a bit sick......I was worried before but also thought its a family attraction so it will be toned down compared to those in the Dubai Mall. Then I read they have made that living tree thingy which gets a bit violent and then I got worried again!

--------------------

-I was God Once

+Quote Post
cookiee_munster
post Apr 6 2010, 12:17 AM
Post #91

QUOTE (meames @ Apr 6 2010, 12:20 AM) *
Yeah, the swinging thing I thought may make me a bit sick......I was worried before but also thought its a family attraction so it will be toned down compared to those in the Dubai Mall. Then I read they have made that living tree thingy which gets a bit violent and then I got worried again!

hmm, i really cant see it being that intense. id put it on par with spiderman?

seriously. don't get worried. i can't see the park creating an attraction that is that intense that only a selection of people can ride it. ok, so its not gonna be like peter pans flight, but its not gonna be that thing in dubai mall either (i dont think) smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
meames
post Apr 6 2010, 7:58 AM
Post #92

Still gonna ride it though, if it turns out intense anyway........have to wait until January and see how sick I get tongue.gif

--------------------

-I was God Once

+Quote Post
cookiee_munster
post Jun 1 2010, 3:13 PM
Post #93

ok, so the land is now having very soft openings. the main ride "harry potter and the forbidden journey" is being a little big tempremental, but even still, people can still go inside the hogwarts castle (the que for the ride) and tour it, even when the ride is closed. actually, the que is like a ride anyway. it looks to be incredibly immersive.

anyway.

PICTURES - of the land/queline

and a video of a tour inside... immense!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trev
post Jun 4 2010, 8:28 PM
Post #94

Member No.: 258

I'm normally really crap and look at all the pictures of new rides and find everything out I can in advance but I'm really trying hard no to look at the Hogwarts pictures. I've failed multiple times and looked at Hogsmeade pictures. (I know some people working there and I'm waiting for them to turn up). I've also looked at ones of the DD's queue and it's absolutely rubbish. More or less completely bare compared to what was there before. Very disappointing.

+Quote Post
cookiee_munster
post Jun 6 2010, 3:01 PM
Post #95

QUOTE (Trev @ Jun 4 2010, 9:28 PM) *
I've also looked at ones of the DD's queue and it's absolutely rubbish. More or less completely bare compared to what was there before. Very disappointing.

yeah, i haven't seen loads of pics yet, but from what I've seen its quite sparse now compared to what it used to be. Hell... steven spielberg helped design the damn que for DD!

ah, go on. take a peek at the pics! i dont think it'll spoil anything really... only if you watch a POV of the ride (which i have) and it seems cool. i have done, because i dunno when i'll ever be able to ride it...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trev
post Jun 6 2010, 3:23 PM
Post #96

Member No.: 258

I really want to get out there this year and see it, but it all depends on the move. So fingers crossed. Hopefully be out before Universal give up on the Butterbeer and so on.

When I was in Florida I spent the whole year dropping suggestions into guest relations and leaving comments that they should have a British cast working there. Then I'd have gotten a job myself. Bit sad they didn't.

+Quote Post
cookiee_munster
post Jun 6 2010, 3:52 PM
Post #97

QUOTE (Trev @ Jun 6 2010, 4:23 PM) *
Hopefully be out before Universal give up on the Butterbeer and so on.

yeah. i worry about the shops. such as olivanders? the shop looks tiny, i could just imagine in time a que system will be set up... outside a shop!

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2017 - 2:33 PM