Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Mumbo Jumbo
meames
post Jul 5 2009, 5:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11

Well, been up to Flamingo Land today to ride Mumbo Jumbo and all told its not a bad coaster.

I have created a page on T-Park here

but, so I don't get accused of blatant advertising here is a quote. The photos are on the T-Park link above smile.gif

The trains, like the rest of the coaster, are tiny. Each carrying 4 people. The restraints consist of a lap bar which swings over you from the side and then a over the shoulder restraint which is pushed down onto you. It is not as uncomfortable as it first looks, you actually get quite a bit of room to move around in your seat.

The train departs the station and drops slightly while going around a right hand bend to meet the bottom of lift hill. The lift hill stands at just under 100 feet, and is despatched with in a matter of seconds as the train races up to the top.

The top of the lift hill dips to release the car around a series of wild mouse bends leading to the 112 degree drop. What you don’t notice until you are riding is that one of the mid ride bends acts as a head chopper which even got me yelping…..and it usually takes quite a lot for that to happen now a days!

The fact that the first drop is controlled makes it even better in my opinion, as with a Gerstlauer Euro Fighter the drop is freefall the impact is speed and you don’t tend to notice the over vertical drop. With Mumbo Jumbo you have a second or so where you are able to take the drop in.

The drop is very short, running maybe only 3 quarters the height of the lift hill before bottoming out and rising back up to another wild mouse style turn. A quick turn around and you are facing an odd turn. Instead of banked inwards, this turn is banked outwards which doesn’t feel anything special, its just a novelty.

Another turn around sees the track invert and the cars travel a short distance upside down before completing the inversion diving back to the ground. The track again rises into another turn around before entering the final inversion which is a heart line roll diving towards the ground. This leads into the brake run and station.

The ride overall is insane, the compact track layout is full of fast twists and turns and that first drop is one of the best I have been on. If they can now sort out their staffing problems and start despatching trains quicker…

--------------------

-I was God Once
-Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everybody died
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
garyholc
post Jul 5 2009, 9:08 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 870

Ride on BBC news - the reporter does not look like she is enjoying it at all!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/humber/8133816.stm

+Quote Post
Zippy
post Jul 11 2009, 12:20 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 18

I've been away for far to long, where did this thing spring up from?! Must get a trip in before the end of the year, looks like another step in the right direction for FL.

+Quote Post
ewan2000
post Apr 12 2010, 7:55 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 14,722

Just came back from a great holiday in Yorkshire. We went to Flamingo Land last Thursday and I went on most of the thrill rides. Mumbo Jumbo had the biggest queue by far but it was worth the wait. The Corkscrew had been closed for several days but it re-oppened around 1:30pm ish and I went on it three times in a row, we queue jumped but that was only because there was only 10 people waiting to get on. The staff at the ride were staring at us!
You can see some of the pictures here.

--------------------
Please visit my Alton Towers fansite: Towers Spy

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2017 - 1:12 AM