Reply to this topicStart new topic
Volunteering Opportunities with the Scouts
Falcon
post Mar 9 2009, 7:21 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 442

Just wanted to share some information about something I've found to be really useful and beneficial when it comes to your UCAS application or CV as I know there's a lot of people going through this on here.

The Scouts are currently looking for volunteers to help them out. There's thousands of children on waiting lists to get into Scout groups but they simply can't as there aren't enough volunteers available to help out.

Volunteering is seen as something that really stands out on CVs and UCAS applications and, of course, now more than ever getting in a job is very competitive. The Scouts make a great place to spend as much time as you can afford at as you'll be able to take part and get involved in some really fun aspects that only the Scouts can provide. This includes rock climbing, quad biking etc... as well as travelling to lots of places across the world.

If you think it's for you can you can find out more and apply at www.jointheadventure.com

Thanks!
Thom...

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jayne
post Mar 12 2009, 11:37 AM
Post #2

Editor
Group Icon

Group: Team Members
Member No.: 761

Ohh I like the sound of that! I always wanted to join the Rainbows and Guides when I was younger but I couldn't due to over-subscription. And the scout hut is only 5 mins down the road from me. I may give that a try smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2017 - 10:29 PM