Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hotel Parking and Motorcycles
emdotdee
post Mar 23 2010, 3:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,655

Hey, (this is my first proper post i think)
Me and my girlfriend are going to Alton Towers on my motorbike towards the end of April. We're staying at the Splash Landings hotel so were thinking of doing the water park on the first day that we're there and then spending the whole of the next day going on rides.

I was just wondering what the parking situation is like at the hotels because I'll obviously want somewhere to park the bike and have something to lock it to making sure it is safe.

Also, what do you think is an acceptable time to get to the hotels? I know that check in is a 3pm (though it seems you can do this earlier and leave your stuff) I was hoping to get there in the morning so we could get into the water park before 12 at least.
Thanks for any advice.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
garyholc
post Mar 24 2010, 6:38 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 870

QUOTE (emdotdee @ Mar 23 2010, 3:46 PM) *
Hey, (this is my first proper post i think)
Me and my girlfriend are going to Alton Towers on my motorbike towards the end of April. We're staying at the Splash Landings hotel so were thinking of doing the water park on the first day that we're there and then spending the whole of the next day going on rides.

I was just wondering what the parking situation is like at the hotels because I'll obviously want somewhere to park the bike and have something to lock it to making sure it is safe.

Also, what do you think is an acceptable time to get to the hotels? I know that check in is a 3pm (though it seems you can do this earlier and leave your stuff) I was hoping to get there in the morning so we could get into the water park before 12 at least.
Thanks for any advice.

Hiya

There is no specific motorbike parking as such, but plenty of parking spaces to put the bike. There are some places outside the alton towers hotel where you could chain the bike. I wouldnt say parking the bike would be a problem at all. I would however park the bike in the alton towers hotel car park as opposed to splash, as this is further away from the general public.

I usually get to the hotels around 2pm as most rooms are available by then. Yes you can leave your stuff in secure storage with the hotel behind reception, just ask them when you arrive to store it for you.

The waterpark, while fun, isnt that big, and you may get bored after two hours, so if you are expecting to spend the entire day in the waterpark then you may want to think again. Personally I would spend 2 hours max in the waterpark, and maybe have a game of mini golf, then a walk around the AT hotel, outside, and have a drink in the bar before going to the room.

What hotel you staying in?

+Quote Post
rick
post May 28 2010, 10:28 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 14,866

a similar query really, it states that theres a 5 charge for cars to park on the car park, but is there a concession for motorbikes?

thanks very much

+Quote Post
emdotdee
post May 30 2010, 10:18 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 14,655

I don't know about the normal parking but if you're at one of the hotels then there is no charge. (that I'm aware of)
I'm sure if you parked your bike in the hotel area then no one would know any different. When we left (around 7pm) the main gates were closed and we had to be let out of a side entrance which is guess is what the staff normally use.

And as a reply to my own post for anyone else who is interested I parked my bike next to one of the big wooden struts/posts to the right of the Splash Landings hotel entrance (bottom right of photo) and wrapped my lock around it.

http://www.freewebs.com/themeparkmadness/S...%20entrance.jpg

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2017 - 9:10 AM