Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
TR Fri and Sat 16th/17th May
garyholc
post Jul 22 2010, 10:41 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 870

Travelled up to Alton last weekend on Friday 16th. Spent the afternoon in the waterpark. Was expecting the place to be packed out due to the schools breaking up etc but we were surprised how quiet the place was. In order to keep minimal queues, they were batching people into the waterpark, so we couldnt go in until 3pm. They said this was to keep the queues down and ensure hotel guests can get in without having to wait. Never mind, we had a drink in the bar before going in.

There was no queue for anything in there to my amazement, not even Master Blaster and the staff were really jolly and happy, particular on the MB where they were givnig you a good push as you went down. I took my cousin up as a treat for him doing his GCSE's and because he has never been.

He enjoyed the waterpark but said it should be a bit bigger with more thrill slides in there rather than the small array of "family" and kiddie slides. We left after 2 hours and went back to our hotel.

Next morning it was up early and into the park at 8am. Monorail opened at 8.30 and we were 2nd in the queue by the main gates to get in. Went straight over to Nemesis for the first ride of the day at 9am and we were the only 2 people on it - front row seats and the train went out with just the two of us on it. My cousin loved this and we did it another 2 times before heading over to get in the queue for 13.

By now it was 9.40 and there already was a large queue for 13, which turned out being 30 mintues once the queue line had opened at 10. Forgot how long the queue line is for this ride! Again, my cousin enjoyed the ride but was glad we didnt wait any longer for it. Nothing new on the ride as such, the outside bit apart from the drop still leaves a lot to be desired.

Oblivion was next, walk on which it stayed during most of the day, then on to Hex which I really enjoyed this time. Infact, we did every ride in the park several times during the day which really surprised me given the time of year. Ride close was 6pm and it was a really good day. My cousin really enjoyed himself, top ride for him being Air!

Ride count:

Nemesis x5
Air x 2
Thirteen x 2
Rita x 2
CATCF x 1 (pile of poo still)
Hex x 1
Oblivion x5
Spinball x 1 (single rider in rain)
Flume x 1
Rapids x 1
RMT x 2
Duel x 2
Skyride was open all day no problems

Staff were excellent during the day, was one of the best days ive had in the towers to be honest, if only the rain hadnt damped the morning, but the sun came out in the afternoon. Alton has its old problem with wasps again however and the yellow traps they used to have hanging up everywhere have vanished. Queue lines were full of wasps, particularly around the bins. No doubt a few people got stung during the day. Talking of getting stung, there is one hell of a presence now on Towers Street at the end of the day when you are walking out, i've never seen so many stalls trying to sell you something as you are walking back to the monorail!

Great weekend though smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hex
post Jul 22 2010, 9:52 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,842

Sounds like you had a great time Gary!

Surprised at the small queues on a Saturday though, for some reason whenever I go it's always really busy tongue.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (Rollercoaster Tycoon @ Jun 24 2007, 6:24 PM) *
I am willing to turn a blind eye to poor safety regimes as long as they get the theming right. In Six Flags, we get neither.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2017 - 9:11 AM