sorry, stop it though.
Kondor
post Nov 8 2008, 2:37 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 332

First of all the apology,

I am sorry if at certain times over the years I have over stepped the mark with aggravating behaviour. I know I have done my up most to wind a few people up over the years. It is not going to happen again.

The reason for this apology.

At first, this thread had a different title. It was called "can we have a flame area?". But as I wrote the text I realised that if this was to happen then a few people would attack others without any reason to hold back. Now that is fine if your me, and your probably paying the price for antagonising behaviour towards someone else and also happen to have skin thicker than an elephant.

But as I typed my reasons I realised that others do not have my thick skin, that they probably DO care what others say about them. They may take it to heart. It might seriously effect them not only in how they view the person they have had this outburst with but also effect there actual mental attitude for at least a short time and maybe longer.

Personally, like I said, it does not affect me, the worst it got for me was Gary threatening to knock my head off when I really hit the "lets wind him up button", my skin is thick, but I should still not have done it. And to Gary, I am personally sorry I drove him to this. I know how much of it was my fault and I am ashamed of myself. I am really Sorry.

But we really have to draw a line somewhere guys, we know who we are, I say we because like I said I am one of you. Lets stop it eh? One of the things I have seen on other forums but I have never seen here (I might have been looking the other way) is the temporary ban. The temporary ban is a slap on the wrist, nothing more and nothing less. It is not a mod taking sides, it is a mod saying "cool it down a bit".

Thread locking does work to some extent, but I am going to tell the mods something now and I want them to take note of this, my only real gripe with them (I actually love them creep creep).
You lock threads.
That's my gripe.
You lock em, and leave them for all to see. The person who feels victimised or wrong done by has no course of action to vent off which is one thing. But the thread just sits there, with whatever insults that have been posted still in existence. For everyone to see and read and no way to reply to an attack because it is locked. I feel that this is pretty bad. Its like me coming round to your house, spray painting all sorts of insults about you in the street for you and all to see and the local police saying you can not reply and the insults have to stay until time washes them away.

The world, of course, would be better if you did not have to reply or clean it up. It would be better if someone else cleaned it up and then punished the culprit (quite often that means me!) for antagonising or insulting behaviour. Often this would mean punishing the victim, as they may well have played a big part in the episode and probably pushed the spirit of the rules if not the actual rules themselves.

Anyway, just something to think about. I am not saying I would or could do a better job. You do great work, its just that it seems obvious that a few folk seem to fire insults out without a care, knowing that they will never be punished or even told off and the worst thing that happens is that the thread gets locked (which in effect ends the thread no matter how unfair the comments are/were).

Keep up the good work.

--------------------
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2017 - 6:47 AM