Skyride x2
Rita x1
Thirteen x1
Hex x1
Oblivion x1
Submission (most group) x1
Enterprise (most group) x1
Monorail x1

Walked from car park B to entrance, bit of a hike for the non walkers in the group (the teens). Love the corky nod at entrance. Once in we dropped our picnic (and my spare clothes) in Guest Services.

Jumped on Skyride to FV, alec and mandi go on Ripsaw at 11.40. then off to Nemesis, great to be back on her again. Quick smoke in DSP then it time for Air, Everyone first time on Air. Brilliant ride experience, smooth operation.

Time to head for the wet ride before lunch. Rapids first, did not get that wet, left hand side waterfall was not working. Started raining when we were heading to the Flume so got mandi (only one in group with out coat) a poncho. Waited about 10 mins for the flume, got very wet legs.biggrin.gif

Headed to tower street to get lunch (and my spare trousers) at 1407. Food and Hot coffee from flask welcome. Put wet trousers and lunch bit back in GS and headed to Skyride to get up to DF to Thirteen and Rita.

Rita was shutdown, with a Med team car next to it. (I hate seeing it out on park, means someone trip is not going well). We talked to one of the operators that indcated it would be running in aprox 15 mins so we waited at the start of the empty queue line entrance.

Rita, great ride, (I think I left half my insides at the start.) was running well. Then it was on to Thirteen, after queuing for 70mins we finally got on it, the outside rolling bits took me by surprise the drop and backwards running section where great and had the stepdaughter screaming biggrin.gif

headed away from thirteen at 1625 to go Hex then onto sector X, and the one ride I really did not want to go on, Oblivion, ( I have a massive fear of falling). Hex is a good ride, a out of the rain.

Next was sector X and Oblivion. I was dragged on by the rest of my group. The only way to explain it, is a tweet by one of my group "Done oblivion #altontowers MD defiantly. Needs clean under wear"

The rest of the group went on Submission and Enterprise as I recovered from Oblivion & an old medical problem that started to raise it head. They enjoyed them. And we decided to head back to FV to do Air and Nemesis again.

Did Air for the second time, I really do love that ride, the ride position help my problem a bit. And is a difference beast when ridden at night. got off it at 1919. Unfortunately my med problem cut the night short, and we had to miss another go on Nemesis.

We opted to use the monorail (jungle) to return to the car, and lucky I was having a day off driving.

Overall
Great day out, Friendly staff throughout park. Site look really nice and clean, temp lighting made after dark operation much better.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
D4n
post Oct 26 2010, 11:25 AM
Post #2

Formerly 'AirRules'

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,249

Glad to hear you had a good time. smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic