Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hex - Ten Years, 2000 - 2010
tiger2000
post Mar 31 2010, 1:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 280

Ten years ago tomorrow (April 1st 2000) one of the most popular rides on the park Hex first opened to guests. Over three years in the making including getting special permission form English Hertigae to put part of the ride in the house itself.

The old gift shop in the ruins was gutted to make way for the Hex pre show and indoor queueline area, a new roof had to be put on much of the armoury and an almost complete reconstruction of The Octogon had to be done including the central stone column which had colappsed along with the old roof.

Behind Cred Street a large pit was dug to house the ride itself and its supporting systems and also the exit tunnel which leads into Her Ladyship's Garden via the partly restored conservatory.

The swing of the ride was installed first, including the guest seats, then the metal fram of the drum was constructed around this, the theming panels were then fitted and finally the fabricated building was built over the lot.

The final and most complex task was the programming of the ride itself, which because each Madhouse is unique, took weeks to get all of the elements (Pre-show, Cinema, Octogon show, entrance passage, Vault) in sequence. Indeed the programming was still going on after the ride opened with the ride and show being operated manually until all the bug had been ironed out.

Hex was a fantastic and unique addition to the parks ride line up and has surprised million of guests with its storyline and the ride itself.

This post has been edited by tiger2000: Apr 1 2010, 10:22 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
meames
post Apr 1 2010, 9:57 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 11

Nice write up smile.gif

I know its not everybodies cup of tea, but whoever designed the whole mad house ride needs a huge round of applause. I love Hex, the soundtrack is brilliant.

The sheer size of the room they rotate is breathtaking - its that alone which makes me ride over and over again.

Oh, and getting on a ride with a group of people who havn't a clue what is about to happen is always a good laugh smile.gif

--------------------

-I was God Once
-Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everybody died

+Quote Post
Minus
post Apr 1 2010, 5:00 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,042

Bravo!

+Quote Post
Addis
post Apr 4 2010, 6:30 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,122

I remember seeing an animation of how the swing actually works. I think it was an animated GIF file, does anyone have a copy or know where I can find one. I'd love to show my Niece as it's quite hard to explain well.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2017 - 10:46 AM