Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Cine 180/360/2000, Pre-3-D film shown in dome early 1980's
JJMcClure
post Jun 4 2010, 10:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,862

I loved this as a child, circa 1981. Many people crowded the dome, trying not to fall as they viewed fast moving action from the point of view of a passenger on a roller coaster, fire engine or car involved in a chase. I would love to know if there is any surviving film, convertible to home cinema. It was very exciting stuff from an age gone by.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gregster
post Jun 5 2010, 9:36 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Premium
Member No.: 577

QUOTE (JJMcClure @ Jun 4 2010, 11:44 PM) *
I loved this as a child, circa 1981. Many people crowded the dome, trying not to fall as they viewed fast moving action from the point of view of a passenger on a roller coaster, fire engine or car involved in a chase. I would love to know if there is any surviving film, convertible to home cinema. It was very exciting stuff from an age gone by.

Ditto.

I loved this attractions as a kid. Who can remember being stood within the Cine2000 dome and the echoing sound of excited voices? Loved it :-)

Sadly there are very few attractions of this type left. Many parks which still have the iconic Cine domes have now converted the cinemas to other attractions, such as 4d cinemas of indoor games arcades.

I'd love to see the old films. Does Omnivision still exist?

I to would love to see these old films. I remember being amazed by the 'massive' coasters featured in the films, such as the Cyclone or Bush Garden's Loch Ness Monster. I'd later ride these coasters for real and think they weren't half as bad as the film made them look!

Greg

--------------------
Love Pleasure Beach? Join the CLUB - The only official organisation for friends of Pleasure Beach!

CLUB Pleasure Beach

+Quote Post
Minus
post Jun 26 2010, 5:04 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,042

You mean it wasnt 3D at first?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic