Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Earliest Memory, of Alton Towers Visits.
Sawyer
post Jan 19 2005, 1:38 AM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 633

laugh.gif when i was yound aaa very young even thow im yound n e way, erm q'ing for the run away minme train while my dad and cousin went on nemesis, i think i vaigly remeber the thunder looper ph34r.gif

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nemesis
post Jan 19 2005, 5:37 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 300

QUOTE (Sawyer @ Jan 19 2005, 01:38 AM)
laugh.gif  when i was yound aaa very young even thow im yound n e way, erm q'ing for the run away minme train while my dad and cousin went on nemesis, i think i vaigly remeber the thunder looper ph34r.gif

In the nicest possible way: please try to make some effort with your spelling and punctuation. Members here will not take kindly to sloppy post presentation smile.gif
What he meant to say everyone is:
When I was young, aah, very young, as I am quite young anyway. Queuing for the runaway mine train while my Dad and cousin were on Nemesis. I also vaguely remember thunder looper.

+Quote Post
Katie
post Apr 21 2006, 5:31 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 1,444

My earliest memory must be around 1995...Nemesis wasn't brand new and Thunderlooper was still there.

I remember standing by Thunderlooper, watching the trains swoop round what seemed like the biggest loop in the world to me as a little seven-year-old. My dad went on that and the Beast, which I recall thinking looked quite fun until I heard the screams. I was never good with rides back then! Most of the party went on Nemesis at some stage in the day, I remember the big Nemesis Nosh bus-type thing and silently watching the rivers of blood, hoping my relatives didn't die and have their innards winding up in a similar fashion. I suppose you take things literally at that age and I truly believed that Nemesis was a real monster happy.gif

I also recall standing in the queue for RMT with my cousins, one of whom was trying to convince me it went upside down seventeen times biggrin.gif, and drifting about on the Swans...such a shame they took them out!

Does anyone recall where the Enterprise was located back in those days? I remember it being set against a lot of trees but I can't think which area it was in.

--------------------
Prepare for AIR

+Quote Post
Dan
post Apr 21 2006, 5:42 PM
Post #44

Web Developer
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 12

Enterprise used to be located in Festival Park (which is now Ug Land).

You can see some photos of it in its previous location here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Orlando Rocks
post Apr 21 2006, 6:08 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 1,112

My earliest memory of Alton Towers is the monorail, I really enjoyed it for some reason. But I can be forgiven as I was only 5 or 6.

+Quote Post
Katie
post Apr 21 2006, 6:22 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 1,444

QUOTE (Dan @ Apr 21 2006, 06:42 PM) *
Enterprise used to be located in Festival Park (which is now Ug Land).

You can see some photos of it in its previous location here.

I remember it being there now! Gosh, that takes me back. I feel all old. At 18 years of age that's a weird feeling laugh.gif

--------------------
Prepare for AIR

+Quote Post
Graeme
post Apr 21 2006, 6:59 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 866

My earliest memory was going to Alton the year oblivion opened. I had never been on any major coasters before, I went on enterprise and Oblivion 2nd, after oblivion I was hooked and ready for a walk to the forbidden valley!

--------------------
Thank you for watching SanBrooke productions!

+Quote Post
Mr-Davros
post Apr 23 2006, 5:58 PM
Post #48

From: A small blue planet in the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy
Member No.: 1,462

I can't remember what year it was but I remember being really impressed by the ship in the hotel.

Also from that trip I remember the treasure hunt, face painting and story time at (Can't remember name, some pirate) club. Do they still run that I remember it being really fun.

This post has been edited by Mr-Davros: Apr 23 2006, 6:01 PM

+Quote Post
miss_e_afro
post Apr 23 2006, 8:23 PM
Post #49

Member No.: 1,044

i was 6 when i first went and i can remember the mini apple, because i was tall enough but my sister wasn't, so i couldn't go on sad.gif ! then the year after, it had gone! i also remember walking alot and going on the log flume (got a picture sumwhere- six of us- two adults and 4 small children) and the swans. my mum say that alton towers was the only place we never complained of walking too much

+Quote Post
Kaycee
post Apr 23 2006, 9:41 PM
Post #50

Member No.: 104

My first memories of AT are from my first trip in 1993 and my only trip until 1999.

I remember:

1001 Nights - vaguely. I just know the sight of that...person with the turban and raised arms going round and round and round was scary. I'm not sure whether I rode or not.

Watching my parents go to ride ThunderLooper and me watching the ride in fear and awe.

Going on the Mini Apple ride and coming off feeling proud of myself, then shying away from a 'vampire' that took a random lady's ice cream off her and offered it to me.

Going round the first bend on the Runaway Mine Train and telling my Dad in terror that I was going to fall out.

Pondering whether to go on the Haunted House, then deciding I was too scared, so didn't.

biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Kaycee: Apr 23 2006, 9:51 PM

--------------------
je veux ton amore
et je veux ton revanche

+Quote Post
KingKobra
post Apr 28 2006, 7:40 PM
Post #51

ATA Founder
Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 13

Ok.. now this was many, many years ago and my memory isn't what it used to be.

We parked up where Towers Street now is, and was greeted at the entrance by an oldish chap with a mack and one of those hanging round the neck ticket machines, and probably paid about 2 quid to get in.

The sea lions were still in the enclosure on the lawns in front of the lake.

My uncle wanted to have a go on the Corkscrew.. it was pretty new and when we got there the queues were horrendous and he changed his mind pretty quickly, but there we're literally hundreds of folk hanging around just watching with awe.

We went into the car museum that was on Cred Street, and the Space 1999 exhibition. I also remember riding the 4 man bob, but im not sure if that was my first ever visit or a subsequent one. I think one of those tri-star jobbies was close by and went on that too.

I remember going on the boats on the lake too.

I remember the Dinosaurs being in their own enclosure on the site where Black Hole was later built, and the Cine 2000, and Pirate Ship being down there too, thus mu favourite story of people throwing up in Cine 2000 after going in straight after the Pirate Ship. The bob sleigh ride was there back then too, although i dont remember the restaurants up where the arcade now stands. I think there was a mini golf course where the oblivion station now stands.

The Log Flume was new, and roofless and busy. It was the longest and highest in the world back then if i remember right. I distinctly remember some poor soul sat at the top of the last drop in a little cabin handing out tickets as you went past so you could collect your photo at the end. No monitors and instant printing in the photo booths back then, you ordered your photo with the ticket and it came in the post a couple of weeks later.

This post has been edited by KingKobra: Apr 28 2006, 7:41 PM

+Quote Post
R.I.P_toyland_to...
post Aug 26 2006, 4:45 AM
Post #52

Member No.: 2,018

Hi Guys

My First Time Of Visiting Alton Towers Was Way Back When Obilvion Was Jet Black Painted And Brand New. God Thats A Cool Ride As It Was The First Extreme Coster I Had Been On laugh.gif. I Think The Year Was September 1998

It Was Also The Year That I First Experienced Toyland Tours.

In My Opinion It Was A Very Fun Ride And It Captured The Magic Of Alton Towers With Great Attention To Theming And Detail I Wish I Had That Mermaid From The Party Room smile.gif.

Catcf Is Rubbish In Theming And Detail It Is Just Like The Bubble Works That Have Just Been Redone In Chessington.

Over The Years I Have Kept Going Back To AT Every September (If I Wasn't Living In London I Would Be Up There Every Weekend).

I Think The Park Has Lost It's Magic A Bit. But I Still Feel It Is A Great Day Out To Enjoy

I Will Be Going This September Again For The 9th Year Running.

See Ya Gaz

--------------------
Rest In Peace Toyland Tours We Will Never Forget You

+Quote Post
Mr-Davros
post Aug 26 2006, 2:05 PM
Post #53

From: A small blue planet in the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Wow, thats alot of capital letters.

On topic, I remember peter rabit on ice. Pity they got rid of it.

+Quote Post
rct3x
post Aug 26 2006, 10:44 PM
Post #54

Member No.: 925

All i can remember was going to Alton with some of my parents friends, with their children my age.

I remember the Mini Apple coaster, loved it wub.gif and a play ground area, with a fairly large slide (i think wink.gif ) More recently i remember not beign tall enough to ride nemesis and waiting on the other side of the station sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
garyholc
post Aug 26 2006, 11:24 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 870

Cant remember the year, maybe someone can tell me, it was the year before nemesis opened, i remember seeing the building site with all the military vehicles. Thunderlooper was THE ride to go on. I remember Enterprise located in Ug Land next to 1001 nights.

I remember the swiss cottage being open for food and teas which was stunning to sit outside in the summer. Imfcat I think ATA should set up a petition to get this place open again - it was an amazing place to sit in the summer on the patio outside overlooking the gardens.......

+Quote Post
Rita_Rules
post Aug 27 2006, 11:17 AM
Post #56

Member No.: 1,407

Hi i cant rember the year but it must of been when nemesis was bein built cause all i can rember is fences everywere in forbidden vally blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Motley_Crue_Fan
post Aug 29 2006, 11:09 AM
Post #57

Member No.: 1,166

My first visit was in 2001 when i was 8. i went with my mum, sister & her boyfriend submission had just opened. I was too short to ride all the big rides but i remember corky :-) it was my first upside down rollercoaster so i was nervous but i loved it laugh.gif

I also remember going on submission with my sister. she was terrified on it & i was screaming for more lol i remember the haunted house which was the scariest ride i went on as soon as i opened my eyes a witch jumped out at me :crying: but still my mum loved it. i also remember going on the log flume and i remember my mum saying that we (not me) should head to nemesis. hex had the modern story (not the dorky professer) but i don't remember anything else except the ride.my mum & sister loved it!! we then retired to the alton towers hotel.

--------------------
Formaly SHEIKRA
Fool enough to almost be it,
Cool enough to not quite see it...

+Quote Post
Mr-Davros
post Aug 29 2006, 11:58 AM
Post #58

QUOTE (SHEIKRA @ Aug 29 2006, 12:09 PM) *
i remember the haunted house which was the scariest ride i went on as soon as i opened my eyes a witch jumped out at me :crying:

That happened to me!

+Quote Post
AndyGT
post Sep 25 2006, 10:20 AM
Post #59

Member No.: 1,396

QUOTE (Kaycee @ Apr 23 2006, 10:41 PM) *
My first memories of AT are from my first trip in 1993 and my only trip until 1999.

I remember:

1001 Nights - vaguely. I just know the sight of that...person with the turban and raised arms going round and round and round was scary. I'm not sure whether I rode or not.

Watching my parents go to ride ThunderLooper and me watching the ride in fear and awe.

Going on the Mini Apple ride and coming off feeling proud of myself, then shying away from a 'vampire' that took a random lady's ice cream off her and offered it to me.

Going round the first bend on the Runaway Mine Train and telling my Dad in terror that I was going to fall out.

Pondering whether to go on the Haunted House, then deciding I was too scared, so didn't.

biggrin.gif

Ahhh the memories - i also had my first trip in 1993 with my parents, i can remember most of what you are describing, but also things like Henry Hounds Super Sounds (loved it wink.gif)

I can also remember on the map in 1993 where Nemesis now resides there being a big bone and loads of razor wire drawn on (i think, haven't got a very good descriptive memory) I can remember looking at it wondering what was gonna be built there, well little was i to know it would be most peoples Number 1 coaster for years to come!

Bring back the golden age of Alton Towers when they seemed to actually care about the "customer"!

+Quote Post
Hex Legend of th...
post Sep 7 2007, 4:01 PM
Post #60

Member No.: 5,903

Earliest memory was not caring about the park because I was desperate for the loo!

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2017 - 10:45 AM