Reply to this topicStart new topic
Haunted House, Bring it back
Nemesis
post Jan 18 2005, 10:36 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 300

Hello matt6580 mkII rolleyes.gif tongue.gif
Yes, the lights are a pain, and I had a gun that didn't work and Boulton moaned and said it did and it was me being rubbish but anyway. It's better than a funeral - even the funeral on the ride that I haven't noticed tongue.gif It's not that bad. I like duel better and the storyline is sometimes good smile.gif (better than Rita tongue.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex
post Jan 19 2005, 12:21 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 238

QUOTE (Nemesis @ Jan 18 2005, 10:36 PM)
It's not that bad. I like duel better and the storyline is sometimes good  smile.gif (better than Rita tongue.gif)

Wow, Rita has a storyline? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
RPG
post Jan 19 2005, 12:22 AM
Post #23

Şetta Er Allt Öğruvísi
Group Icon

Group: Team Members
Member No.: 65

Yeah Alex, they craftily moshed together stories about street races from the local chav population in Stoke.

--------------------
RPG was a member here during the decade of 2000 while 2009. May his wonderful 'poasts' live on to inspire future generations.

+Quote Post
Sawyer
post Jan 19 2005, 1:34 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 633

i never went in the old haunted house as i was young and scard :'(
i liek duel it add thats extra bit of fun to the day, but they could make it better, more scary
and i dont like that spider sad.gif
scary
themeing is ok, basic resedent evil type right,

b better with ghost and stuff, i think the scayest bit is that guy wanting you to go to the funeral car thing, gives me the creeps angry.gif

This post has been edited by Sawyer: Jan 19 2005, 1:35 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
haunted one
post Jan 19 2005, 3:42 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 711

QUOTE (John @ Jan 18 2005, 10:31 PM)
QUOTE (matt6580 @ Jan 18 2005, 10:10 PM)
the ride is a botched up job

well said. its an absolute mess. the guns dont work, the scorerss dont work, the stupid little lights you have to shoot are almost impossible to hit, and more to the point, its not even fun. quite frankly ive had more fun at a funeral.

To be fair to the park, there is a funeral during the ride...

Regarding the funeral it's part of the old ride but i think that the ghosts that appear in the hurst don't work anymore. So yet again the ride is shabby and the over all concensus is that the ride whether you like the haunted house or prefer duel is that its a bit of a shambles all round. I think they should loose the zombie and the wierd doctor story line. (anybody out there know who painted the original haunted house portriats) huh.gif

+Quote Post
Gem
post Jan 19 2005, 4:11 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 194

QUOTE (haunted one @ Jan 19 2005, 03:42 PM)
Regarding the funeral it's part of the old ride but i think that the ghosts that appear in the hurst don't work anymore. So yet again the ride is shabby and the over all concensus is that the ride whether you like the haunted house or prefer duel is that its a bit of a shambles all round. I think they should loose the zombie and the wierd doctor story line. (anybody out there know who painted the original haunted house portriats) huh.gif

Hearse. Fair attempt though.
Any more. Two words.
Overall. One word. A minor quibble.
Consensus. Again, a tricky one.
Lose, not loose. A common error.
Weird, and portraits. I'll assume they were typos, because I'm generous like that.

You only missed one apostrophe though, well done. A question mark at the end perhaps? And a few capital letters, but I'll stop before someone accuses me of being picky. smile.gif

--------------------

They'll never rest until they've spoiled the earth. - Fiver, Watership Down.

+Quote Post
Alex
post Jan 19 2005, 5:02 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 238

QUOTE (Gem @ Jan 19 2005, 04:11 PM)
Hearse. Fair attempt though.
Any more. Two words.
Overall. One word. A minor quibble.
Consensus. Again, a tricky one.
Lose, not loose. A common error.
Weird, and portraits. I'll assume they were typos, because I'm generous like that.

You only missed one apostrophe though, well done. A question mark at the end perhaps? And a few capital letters, but I'll stop before someone accuses me of being picky. smile.gif

Now now, play nice... wink.gif

Don't want Dan to get his naughty stick out do we...

+Quote Post
Gem
post Jan 19 2005, 5:21 PM
Post #28

Group Icon

Well, he's ignoring me at the moment, so I wonder if that extends to ATA as well? smile.gif

He'd have to go for the 'detached and impartial moderator' tone. Although I could always argue that he was being unfair towards me because of personal issues.

Hey, Dan, over here! Do I get a warning yet? Does this count as deliberate stirring? happy.gif

[on topic]I never went in the Haunted House. Duel is a bit pants, but only because my finger starts hurting so I end up with a feeble score. I think they should put real zombies in there, and possibly a couple of werewolves.[/on topic]

--------------------

+Quote Post
haunted one
post Jan 19 2005, 8:24 PM
Post #29

QUOTE (Gem @ Jan 19 2005, 05:21 PM)
Well, he's ignoring me at the moment, so I wonder if that extends to ATA as well? smile.gif

He'd have to go for the 'detached and impartial moderator' tone. Although I could always argue that he was being unfair towards me because of personal issues.

Hey, Dan, over here! Do I get a warning yet? Does this count as deliberate stirring?  happy.gif

[on topic]I never went in the Haunted House. Duel is a bit pants, but only because my finger starts hurting so I end up with a feeble score. I think they should put real zombies in there, and possibly a couple of werewolves.[/on topic]

oopps!!! you win some you lose some "i'd better proof read in future" didn't think somebody had that much time free" move on relax find an intrest! blink.gif

+Quote Post
Nemesis
post Jan 19 2005, 10:04 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 300

I think that's interest
I know. I know. I always have to go too far sad.gif

+Quote Post
Gem
post Jan 20 2005, 12:44 AM
Post #31

Group Icon

QUOTE (haunted one @ Jan 19 2005, 08:24 PM)
oopps!!! you win some you lose some "i'd better proof read in future" didn't think somebody had that much time free" move on relax find an intrest! blink.gif

An interest? I wouldn't have time.

Today for example, it's my "day off". I still had to feed Euan, entertain him (by chasing him round the house and dancing), give him a bath, cut his hair, then when he was asleep I did the laundry and the washing up, and tidied the chaos of toys from the living room. Then lunch, then wrapped a birthday present and wrote a card for my ex, then hoovering, then brought Euan's diary up-to-date, then after Euan had gone to his dad's I emptied all the bins and painted the kitchen worktops (2 coats, and I'm about to do another before I go to bed). In between, I read another couple of chapters of my book, and searched online for some new furniture. Oh, and I cleaned the bathroom and changed all the bedding.

It would have been easier to be in work.

So you see I don't really have time for other interests. Instead I choose to occasionally correct posts when the spelling and punctuation is particularly unpleasant to read, because the person posting it can't be bothered to engage their brain before typing.

[on topic]Although the werewolves might eat the zombies, or vice versa. There would almost certainly be Health & Safety issues involved. So possibly just better to put in a few vampires, and a womble or two. Wombles are scary.[/on topic]

--------------------

+Quote Post
RPG
post Jan 20 2005, 2:02 AM
Post #32

Şetta Er Allt Öğruvísi
Group Icon

Group: Team Members
Member No.: 65

Wombles you say?

(This is in one of the farm buildings* at alton towers)

*aka. Courtyard Tavern

This post has been edited by RPG: Jan 20 2005, 2:05 AM

--------------------
RPG was a member here during the decade of 2000 while 2009. May his wonderful 'poasts' live on to inspire future generations.

+Quote Post
Gem
post Jan 20 2005, 8:14 AM
Post #33

Group Icon

*Shudders*

The evil things get everywhere. unsure.gif

I think it's a stealth invasion: they try and appear harmless, so that they can weasel their way in to all sorts of places. Then, when you're least expecting it, they'll attack!

It's the same as Winnie the Pooh and his minions. You can't get away from them. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
haunted one
post Jan 20 2005, 8:20 AM
Post #34

QUOTE (Gem @ Jan 20 2005, 12:44 AM)
QUOTE (haunted one @ Jan 19 2005, 08:24 PM)

An interest? I wouldn't have time.

Today for example, it's my "day off". I still had to feed Euan, entertain him (by chasing him round the house and dancing), give him a bath, cut his hair, then when he was asleep I did the laundry and the washing up, and tidied the chaos of toys from the living room. Then lunch, then wrapped a birthday present and wrote a card for my ex, then hoovering, then brought Euan's diary up-to-date, then after Euan had gone to his dad's I emptied all the bins and painted the kitchen worktops (2 coats, and I'm about to do another before I go to bed). In between, I read another couple of chapters of my book, and searched online for some new furniture. Oh, and I cleaned the bathroom and changed all the bedding.

It would have been easier to be in work.

So you see I don't really have time for other interests. Instead I choose to occasionally correct posts when the spelling and punctuation is particularly unpleasant to read, because the person posting it can't be bothered to engage their brain before typing.

[on topic]Although the werewolves might eat the zombies, or vice versa. There would almost certainly be Health & Safety issues involved. So possibly just better to put in a few vampires, and a womble or two. Wombles are scary.[/on topic]

Interest and the extra speech mark were a little tease sorry!
Lets move on and get back to the topic in hand.
Dressed up as a Womble once, it wasn't the best time in my life.

Would it make you feel better if I reposted the original post with the corrected spellings Gem?

(Haunted house was far better than Duel though) ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Gem
post Jan 20 2005, 8:30 AM
Post #35

Group Icon

Oooh, capitals! Punctuation! biggrin.gif

A definite improvement.

*Calms down and gets a grip.*

QUOTE (haunted one @ Jan 20 2005, 08:20 AM)
Dressed up as a Womble once, it wasn't the best time in my life.

Hmm, did you get ambushed by Anti-Womble Vigilantes?

We're a national organisation, aiming to raise awareness and protect the public. Sometimes innocent people get hurt. It's a shame, but there will always be some sacrifices for the greater good.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kondor
post Jan 20 2005, 4:03 PM
Post #36

Group Icon

Member No.: 332

what kind of a name is kondor

go on, you tell me wink.gif

--------------------
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

+Quote Post
The_Incredible_A...
post Jan 22 2005, 3:57 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 706

QUOTE (RPG @ Jan 20 2005, 02:02 AM)
Wombles you say?

Oh, no! Those things. They've been around park for ages and i had to get rid of them at the end of last season. You wouldn't believe how difficult it was to sell them off for £5! Thats like half what AT buys them for!

Anyway, on topic. I think the Haunted House was in need of doing up and when i first herd about the laser shooting version of it i thought "Great!". When i actually rode it i was alittle disappointed that they hadn't done more to it. I remember when i was a little kid i was really scared of the Haunted House, but found it really fun. I kinda miss it. But i think Tower Of The Towers is an excellent replacement, providing it actually goes ahead this year.

This post has been edited by The_Incredible_A-J: Jan 22 2005, 3:57 PM

+Quote Post
haunted one
post Jan 22 2005, 5:14 PM
Post #38

QUOTE (The_Incredible_A-J @ Jan 22 2005, 03:57 PM)
QUOTE (RPG @ Jan 20 2005, 02:02 AM)
Wombles you say?

Oh, no! Those things. They've been around park for ages and i had to get rid of them at the end of last season. You wouldn't believe how difficult it was to sell them off for £5! Thats like half what AT buys them for!

Anyway, on topic. I think the Haunted House was in need of doing up and when i first herd about the laser shooting version of it i thought "Great!". When i actually rode it i was alittle disappointed that they hadn't done more to it. I remember when i was a little kid i was really scared of the Haunted House, but found it really fun. I kinda miss it. But i think Tower Of The Towers is an excellent replacement, providing it actually goes ahead this year.

Terror of the towers was quite cool, although I think that it would be better if they incorporated it with the Haunted House rather than within the ruins of the towers. Duel would have been better in the towers! According to an AT member of staff, the Terror of the Towers didn't take place last year because it cost them too much money! Come on AT pull the other one are you really that low on funds! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Trev
post Jan 23 2005, 3:25 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 258

Duel is a horrible nasty ride and makes me cry. After riding it I declard that Alton Towers had raped my childhood.

Here is why Duel is crap

1 You just can't mix zombies with other sorts of supernatural beasties.

2 Everyone knows you can't kill zombies, ghosts or vampires with lasers.

3 The addition of TVs and BACHOO type noise effects has destroyed the atmospheric and creepy indoor queue part.

4 You can see everything popping out at you before the lights turn on because of the LEDs.

5 The retheme was terrible. Had they stripped it completley, rethemed the coffins to look like buggys of some description and had you either fighting off ghosts, or zombies then it would have made sense.

6 There is no conclusion to the story. Nothing to say, 'Yeah you've won. rock on!' or 'Oh no the zombies are eating my pretty face'

7 That waste of time animatronic zombie outside the front of the ride.

8 The oh so cheap wheel chair ramp outside. Take a look at the wheel chair ramp and you can see it has been done on the cheao unlike the original walls in the area. Look up as you go through the arch way and you can see they have recently added a sheet of plywood which hasn't been painted very well.

The original Haunted House was great. It was different. There are so many Disney Haunted House clones around the world it would have been really easy for Alton to do that, instead they went with their own ideas for the most part.
The ride system used is superb with it slowing down and speeding up. Its not used to its advantage in Duel.

+Quote Post
haunted one
post Jan 23 2005, 5:38 PM
Post #40

QUOTE (Trev @ Jan 23 2005, 03:25 PM)
The original Haunted House was great.  It was different.  There are so many Disney Haunted House clones around the world it would have been really easy for Alton to do that, instead they went with their own ideas for the most part.
The ride system used is superb with it slowing down and speeding up.  Its not used to its advantage in Duel.

I agree Trev, the original Haunted House was different; don't know much about Disney, but to me it was the first decent Haunted House ride I really went on. I remember the speeding up and slowing down of the carriages, I think that still happens but with the laser gun stuff I don't think you pay that much attention to it.

I know Ive mentioned it before but the two rooms where you queue are shocking now, the atmosphere as gone. AT needs to look at making the HH creepy again. Ditch the zombies they look [removed] anyway.

Still trying to find out who painted the original portraits anybody have any clues!

Just wondering does anybody from AT management look at the stuff going on here, if so come on, the Haunted House needs some TLC. wink.gif

[Dan: Swearing, even hidden behind asterisks, is unacceptable. Please read the Posting Guidelines. Thank you.]

This post has been edited by Dan: Jan 23 2005, 5:51 PM

+Quote Post

34 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2017 - 3:03 AM