RPG
post Jan 23 2005, 9:43 PM
Post #41

Şetta Er Allt Öğruvísi
Group Icon

Group: Team Members
Member No.: 65

It seems im one of very few who actually likes Duel sad.gif

In the latter stages of tHH it got to the point where the only thing to keep me entertained was to try and get a strange ride photo, then not purchase it.

--------------------
RPG was a member here during the decade of 2000 while 2009. May his wonderful 'poasts' live on to inspire future generations.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
haunted one
post Jan 24 2005, 12:36 PM
Post #42

Group: Members
Member No.: 711

[Dan: Swearing, even hidden behind asterisks, is unacceptable. Please read the Posting Guidelines. Thank you.]

[/quote]

Sorry Dan, didn't mean to offend anybody, but in my opinion the zombies are! (Pants) that is.
blink.gif

+Quote Post
Sawyer
post Jan 26 2005, 10:23 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 633

rolleyes.gif im sure alton if they put there minds to it could produse a amazing haunted house, like not chessy erm things that dont look real ? if they had like a very spooky ghoust house the pak would ahve liek amost evreything to keep evreyone happy , me thnks wacko.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
haunted one
post Jan 27 2005, 8:22 AM
Post #44

QUOTE (Sawyer @ Jan 26 2005, 10:23 PM)
rolleyes.gif  im sure alton if they put there minds to it could produse a amazing haunted house, like not chessy erm things that dont look real ? if they had like a very spooky ghoust house the pak would ahve liek amost evreything to keep evreyone happy , me thnks  wacko.gif

I spoke to AT management last season about my concerns for the HH, and they replied that AT would look into it; which they did and they went on to say that the HH definitely required some form of attention. I just wonder if that was a brush off or whether they would do something over the winter break. Anybody know anything about that? huh.gif

+Quote Post
doom+sons1988
post Jan 27 2005, 8:59 AM
Post #45

Member No.: 506

Maybe they might add new effects and maybe new creatures to the ride ?

--------------------
ATA Dark Ride Fanatic

+Quote Post
haunted one
post Jan 27 2005, 3:51 PM
Post #46

They might add new features like when they changed the Giant looking through the window with his fingers moving towards you, can anybody remember that? I think that was the first ever alterations to the original ride. They changed it to some kind of alien type monster that was strapped to the giant's fingers. I don't know if that change was a good thing or a bad thing.

Still trying to find out who painted the original portraits that hung within the house if anybody as any ideas? cool.gif

+Quote Post
xsixflags
post Jan 27 2005, 4:23 PM
Post #47

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Trev @ Jan 23 2005, 03:25 PM)
8 The oh so cheap wheel chair ramp outside.  Take a look at the wheel chair ramp and you can see it has been done on the cheao unlike the original walls in the area.  Look up as you go through the arch way and you can see they have recently added a sheet of plywood which hasn't been painted very well.

First off I'd like to start by saying, I like Duel I think it is brilliant I don't care about tha fact it has ruined what the old hauntd house was, it is a different ride. I really like the fact you can go round and interact with the ride and have a competion with the rest of your car.

Right on with the main point. The wheelchair ramp is indeed abysmal. Have you ever tried to get a wheel chair up it? It is so thin it is unbelievable and the bend in it you almost have to do a 3 point turn to get around it. But admittedly, what else could they do?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sawyer
post Jan 27 2005, 4:35 PM
Post #48

just hope it gets scary soon

--------------------

+Quote Post
doom+sons1988
post Jan 27 2005, 6:49 PM
Post #49

The only way Duel would get scary is actually the zombies were firing live ammunition at you.

But back to reality I think a haunted circus scene is in need. I just think these work really well. It should be in place of the zombie lab scene because that's not very good. Zombie Clowns and other various monsters would be quite good.

--------------------
ATA Dark Ride Fanatic

+Quote Post
Sawyer
post Jan 27 2005, 7:23 PM
Post #50

blink.gif zombie clowns * screams and runs behind the sofa *

*shouts*

" you mad !!!!! "

--------------------

+Quote Post
haunted one
post Jan 27 2005, 7:47 PM
Post #51

Spooky clowns, now that would scare the b-jesus out of people!

We should start a campaign to get rid of the zombies! but to be honest zombies are scary if they actually looked good! Not like the second rate muppets that are in there at the moment.

If zombies actually exisited then would they be able to fire lazer guns?

I don't think so! laugh.gif

What else would scare the b-jesus out of people?

Going off the subject of the HH I think that it would be cool to have a runaway mine train style haunted house darkride With fast sharpe corners and spooky things that pop out at you! blink.gif

+Quote Post
Sawyer
post Jan 28 2005, 12:40 AM
Post #52

blink.gif *waves spooky hands * But they do exisit . . . tongue.gif

yeah the mine trian thing sounds good but erm, if they had that it would be to close to " the run away mine train "

hows about one with real people as actors in there
i tink there a ride thing that has that i dunno *shrugs*

--------------------

+Quote Post
haunted one
post Jan 28 2005, 7:16 AM
Post #53

Incorporating the Terror of The towers with the original haunted house, I think that would be quite cool! Real people walking around the queue line areas of the HH and some within the ride. Also it would be good to introduce new walk through rooms and a few spooky corridors. All dimly lit and with things that make you jump. unsure.gif

Runs and hides under the duvet like a quivering jelly. ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
doom+sons1988
post Jan 28 2005, 12:56 PM
Post #54

The Haunted House
Re-design by Doom+Sons (Will R Johnson)
Orignal Facade design by John Wardley and Keith Sparkes
Music composed by Danny Elfman
Creature and Zombie costume/model designs by Todd McFarlane
Special and Ghost effects by Industrial Light and Sound
The Voice of Victor Roodyn :- Christopher Lee

INTRODUCTION

Victor Roodyn:The Butcher of Gloomy Wood

Victor Roodyn was one of the most horrific and twisted killers of the 18th century and many people have never heard of his name. He lived deep in Glen Wood (or Gloomy Wood to the locals) in a large mansion built by his great great grandfather and was nearly as rich a the Talbot family were good friends with his recnetly deceased father. Victor also had a liking for the occult and all things macarbe, this resulted in him founding the ThornBlood Cult where he worshipped anicent Sumerian demons and creatures of the supernatural with other loyal fanatics. But the one day Victor told his group that he had been visited by a demon and was told to cleanse the villiage of non-believers and so the murders began. People were dragged from their homes in broad daylight to the house where they killed in a strange and sick ritual. This continued for ten years until a solider who was living in the village named Ben Moat rallied a group of villagers to go to Roodyn House and stop the ThornBlood cult.
The mob stormed into the house and slaughtered all the members that stood in their way to Victor. Victor knew that he would die so he began to read from a sumerian text that would give him immortal life but just as he finished the spell he was slain by Moat's sword. Victor lay dead.
Alton then became a place of happiness and Victor's reign of terror was forgotten.

THE RIDE

The Exterior
The house is just same but the crypt in front is teared open. A van is turned outside and crushed into the floor with a huge claw mark across the side. The queue goes into the cemetary where we see all the graves of previous Roodyns. Half way though the grave yard you head into a tent where you see Victor's grave with a massive hole in it.As you come down back towards the house a altered version of the orignal Gloomy Wood theme plays and sign on the large gates has this written on it :-

Notice
The Haunted House is a next generation dark ride and uses never seen before special effects. This ride also uses Live actors but they will not harm you in anyway. We also strongely disadvise bringing children aged under 12 because of the ride's extreme content and any children under 12 will not be allowed in without a guardian/parent aged over 18.

A TV screen hangs just below the large window and screens a video. This video explains the story of Victor and that the M.O.D knew about this house and Victor's connections with the occult. Though while entering the M.O.D were forced to get out as some bizarre events began.

The front of the house has a turnstyle where a certain amount of people are allowed into the house. A counter at top tells you how many "Lost Souls are entering". When all the people are in the doors shut and you wait.
Example

The Walkthrough section
Inside you wait in a bigger lobby where subtle piano music plays in the background and large fully body portraits of previous Roodyns hang high around you. The room is candle lit only and the room smells extremely damp. A huge double doors are in front of you with two skulls on it. Then the candles go out, a cold breeze of air goes across you and lighting strikes lighting up the room. The double doors swing open revealing your guide who tells you a few rules inside The Haunted House:-

1) The creatures in here will not harm you, they ate the last group.
2) No running.
3) No food or drink.
4) No Flash photography.

The guide takes you down a dimmily lit corridor where various actors jump out of doors snarling at you or moaning at you. Once you get to the end, a huge bust of Victor above a other door lights up and comes alive.

Victor: So you want to enter my world, well I hope you've made final arrangements because you'll never leave. (evil laughing).

You head down a dark flight of steps where you can hear screaming and moaning from below. You come into the station where simular cars from the orignal are waiting for you. The station is themed as a cellar and it's smells of raw sewage. You can also hear rats scurring around and bats above you.

The Ride

You head into complete darkness but loud bangs and screams surround you. You feel things flying over your head and air bursted into your face. The Car then heads up into a dining room where you see ghosts eating non-existant dinners. These aren't like the Haunted Mansion's party ghosts. These are holigraphic ghosts of decaying corpses and skeletons who burp and cough up their own insides. You head past them and then into the kitchen where more rats scurry around and feed on rotting meat. Then you head back into a dark tunnel where you hear the voice of Victor again.

Victor: Did you just my previous guests hmm..? You'll be one of them soon but before that I'll let them have their fun with you.

You head into revolving tunnel and at the end a large hollogram of a Victor's face decaying into a skeleton while laughing. The car turns left and your quickly shocked by a zombie actor who pops out from behind a door. You then speed up into other long corridor. Where a huge ghoul comes swinging from up high right in front of you and a window on your left swings open and a actor jumps out at you.

You head outside into a graveyard and you head past a actor who's calling for you to come see the most scariest show ever, Carnevil.
You then see a huge big top and a entrance themed as a huge clowns mouth. Inside you go past a huge crowd of holligraphic ghosts watching two zombies juggling their heads to one and other over you. You head into a dim lit room where a huge Jack in the box plays it's tune before it open. A clown actor jumps you just before a giant snarling clown face comes screaming out of the box.(Your on-ride photo is taken here). Your car then speeds out into a maze of stone walls where animintronic zombie burst through the windows and reaching for you. Then the car slows down as you come into lab full of electrical equipment here you see no other than Skeleton Bob messing with a control panel. He turns towards you and says:-

Skeleton Bob: Master Roodyn said your time is up !

He then pulls down the switch and accidently sets himself on fire. But in front a large frankeinstein type creature is lit up and lunges forward. You tcar drop down steeply and goes under him and pops back up on the other side of the wall. You speed up, dramatic music begins to play and you can hear the monster chasing you. He pops up from behind doors or drops down from above. You avoid him and you think it's going to end and Victor appears in ghost form flying straight towards you. The car dodges him and you come straight into the station.

The Shop/Exit

Once you get out you go up some stairs and have to brave another dark corridor with more scary ghouls. But once out you come into "SpooksRUS" and see the on-ride photos. Also in here will be TV monitors which show the reaction cams of other guests these reaction will also be at the park entrance advertsing the ride.

--------------------
ATA Dark Ride Fanatic

+Quote Post
Sawyer
post Jan 28 2005, 3:34 PM
Post #55

wub.gif wow, thats amzing, if we had that then...wow, thats just
wow

--------------------

+Quote Post
haunted one
post Jan 28 2005, 4:04 PM
Post #56

Ref, Re-design of Haunted House By Doom&Son!

Excellent ideas, you've definitely got the right imagination for the Dark Ride Stuff, I like parts of your idea's but Im not sure how the Circus stuff fits in with the story! Although I do think Carnevil is a great idea. Its great to hear other peoples ideas about dark rides. I think your ideas should be put forward to Alton Towers. Like the darker element and adult nature of the ride! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Timmy152005
post Jan 28 2005, 5:27 PM
Post #57

Member No.: 707

Sounds like something from halloween horror nights in universal orlando.

If you have been well you not what im on about.

ACE and as close as you can get to the real thing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
xsixflags
post Jan 28 2005, 6:27 PM
Post #58

Group Icon

Group: ATA Supporters
Member No.: 191

That sounds good but has a flaw, like many haunted houses. What is the aim of the people walking in? I know it is a ride etc but why would people enter a house with a history of murder and torture? Like I said i know it is a ride and it sounds pretty good.

Actually I did notice something else. When people walk past the open grave of Victor Roodyn it will not be significant untill they reach the tv screen. You need someway, if your going to link the graveyard in with the story, you need to make the baisc storyclear right at the star tand then go into more depth. Apart from that it is a pretty good concept I think.

--------------------

+Quote Post
haunted one
post Jan 29 2005, 9:34 AM
Post #59

QUOTE (xsixflags @ Jan 28 2005, 06:27 PM)
That sounds good but has a flaw, like many haunted houses. What is the aim of the people walking in? I know it is a ride etc but  why would people enter a house with a history of murder and torture? Like I said i know it is a ride and it sounds pretty good.

Actually I did notice something else. When people walk past the open grave of Victor Roodyn it will not be significant untill they reach the tv screen. You need someway, if your going to link the graveyard in with the story, you need to make the baisc storyclear right at the star tand then go into more depth. Apart from that it is a pretty good concept I think.

Within the queue line you could be told that an imaginary member of your party/group has been taken into the house and that you or your group have to brave the house and rescue your friend or family member. This could be reason for entering the ride. This extra member (imaginary) of the group shows up on the end photo either as a ghost therefore dead and you didn't manage to save them, or sat at the side of you in the carriage meaning that you saved them. You have to look at the photos at the end to find out if you saved your extra group member. May be whilst being told within the queue line that you need to rescue your friend you also find out about the opened grave of Roodyn.

cool.gif

+Quote Post
doom+sons1988
post Jan 29 2005, 7:42 PM
Post #60

QUOTE (haunted one @ Jan 29 2005, 09:34 AM)
QUOTE (xsixflags @ Jan 28 2005, 06:27 PM)
That sounds good but has a flaw, like many haunted houses. What is the aim of the people walking in? I know it is a ride etc but  why would people enter a house with a history of murder and torture? Like I said i know it is a ride and it sounds pretty good.

Within the queue line you could be told that an imaginary member of your party/group has been taken into the house and that you or your group have to brave the house and rescue your friend or family member. This could be reason for entering the ride. This extra member (imaginary) of the group shows up on the end photo either as a ghost therefore dead and you didn't manage to save them, or sat at the side of you in the carriage meaning that you saved them. You have to look at the photos at the end to find out if you saved your extra group member. May be whilst being told within the queue line that you need to rescue your friend you also find out about the opened grave of Roodyn.

cool.gif

Well the open grave idea is a bit non-digetic to the ride as you never actually see Roodyn as a zombie but I think the best way to get around that would be by putting TV screens in the graveyard showing maybe a TV documentary about him. Also I think haunted one's idea is brillant that could work really well but how would it be decided that you saved someone. I think I would actually change a few things from what I put down.

1) Extended Graveyard Scene : As you enter graveyard your greeted by a actor advertising Carnevil but a huge army of zombies and skeletons that rise out of the graves after you hear Victor's voice reading out loud a incantation. Then as you avoid them you come towards the Carnevil.

2)New Scene: Library: This would be inbetween the first corridor and the stairs down into the station. It would be quite small but a effective. You come through a tight corridor where there are windows on either side each with a zombie actor staring at you. The library would have books floating from shelf to shelf and a book that (just like The real haunted house) turning it's pages showing drawings of demons and other creepy things.

3) New Video in front of the house : This video would begin with a news report telling you of the house's discovery after being thought that had been burnt down by the mob that killed Victor. A tussauds's spokesperson would come on (maybe a cameo of John Wardley) telling us that they are beginning restoration on this house for it to be opened as a haunted walkthrough. But then a intertitle says "One Year later" and your taken to opening day where you see the opening event with all the actors scaring people outside as a actor pretending to Victor openes the ride. Then the video shorts out and cuts to a barrage of alarming broadcasts.

"A brutal murder has taken place in a haunted house ride at Alton Towers"

"Actors have been accused of actually attacking the guests if the park"

"Stories of demonic possession and ritual murder "

"Anmintronics actually coming to life"

"These are the most horrfic crimes that this country has ever seen"

"People are calling this "The Alton Towers Massacre" "

The news broadcasts stop and your told by the Tussauds' spokesman that you've been forced to go inside by Tussauds and survive so that they dispell the bad publicity of the ride. The video fades out with some sinister kaughing in the back ground.

4) I change the name to The Haunted House Unleashed

--------------------
ATA Dark Ride Fanatic

+Quote Post

34 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2017 - 2:59 AM